Trump

scottsdad

No, we've seen statistical evidence that Trump's insinuation that Mexican immigrants are more likely to be rapists or thieves than people born in the US has no basis in fact.

Still, I guess it's not like you to intentionally misinterpret someone's words, obfuscate on a minor semantic point or purposefully ignore any evidence provided which supports someone else's opinion despite having asked for evidence, in order to defend a grotesquely bigoted position.

Another in agreement that, whatever Trump's actual statements about Mexicans, and no matter how desperately you'd like it to be true to fit your hyperbolic caricature of the man, he didn't even vaguely say that all Mexicans are thieves and rapists.

This is excellent progress towards truth over dogma guys, gold stars all round! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another in agreement that, whatever Trump's actual statements about Mexicans, and no matter how desperately you'd like it to be true to fit your hyperbolic caricature of the man, he didn't even vaguely say that all Mexicans are thieves and rapists.

This is excellent progress towards truth over dogma guys, gold stars all round! :)

Well he clearly insinuated that the vast majority were, but then you know that.

Well he clearly insinuated that the vast majority were, but then you know that.

He did? I do?

For those unable to open links and read articles for fear of reading some facts that they might not like, let's see what he actually said:

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

In his July 6 statement, Trump clarified that he was referring to cases where undocumented immigrants commit violent crimes or smuggle drugs.

Holy cockwhippets! Trump was not referring to all Mexicans after all! He was not even referring to all Mexican immigrants! He was referring to crime committed by undocumented immigrants. Whether he was referring to the newly arriving immigrants who go undocumented, or the undocumented Mexican immigrant population as a whole, he doesn't say.

If the latter, then he's referring to 4.6% of all Mexicans in Mexico/undocumented in the US. If the former, then we're looking at a number well below 1%. Both numbers are a country mile from 'all' and 'most', only the most willfully deceptive/tribal person could paint it as such.

Once again, very happy to help peel back layers of dogma in our search for the truth :) Please do go on to challenge what he actually said.

Yet in his original comments, there was no mention of the word 'undocumented'. None whatsoever. Therefore, when analysing his original comments, we do not consider the word 'undocumented'. We take his comments at face value, which means we are unable to draw any conclusion other than he was referring to all Mexican immigrants. This is really basic stuff that children can grasp.

Having established this, we look at the comment "they’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” we see that he was quite clearly inferring that one or more of these labels can be applied to the majority of Mexican immigrants, hence the 'good people' part is restricted to "some" rather than 'most'. "Some, I assume" is a grudging acknowledgement that they're not all rapists, but he's quite clearly implying that most of them are.

It's only now, having analysed his original statement, that we consider further statements he's made, and decide whether by introducing the word 'undocumented', having previously said that the majority of Mexican immigrants are drugged-up criminals and rapists, he's genuinely attempting to offer further clarification of his views or backtrack to a less inflammatory position.

The "I like x politician, he just says it like it is. Not like them political elites" thing is one of the most irritatingly dumbfuck political tropes of our time.

It's true that there's a real disaffection with characterless, roboto politicians and to a much lesser but still significant extent, "PC". That's exactly why people like Trump and Farage deliberately make these attention seeking, roguish comments. Usually in front of a travelling press delegation. Anyone gullible to buy that shit shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I don't know. There seem to be quite a few people over here that believe Farage is anti-establishment.

people believe SNP and NicolA are anti west-minister cares about food banks etc.. while Nicola is paid like 250k?

Nigel worked in business and joined the political world for something he believed in and opposes a anti democratic Union.

Is this not Anti establishment

people believe SNP and NicolA are anti west-minister cares about food banks etc.. while Nicola is paid like 250k?

Nigel worked in business and joined the political world for something he believed in and opposes a anti democratic Union.

He was a bloody public school educated commodity broker, f**k off.

He was a bloody public school educated commodity broker, f**k off.

so because his parents could afford to send him to a better school we should condemn him and is him being a commodity broker supposed to be a insult someones needs to do that job

I just love your playing around with capitals and grammar and stuff, it makes you seem so quirky! :wub:

Yet in his original comments, there was no mention of the word 'undocumented'. None whatsoever. Therefore, when analysing his original comments, we do not consider the word 'undocumented'. We take his comments at face value, which means we are unable to draw any conclusion other than he was referring to all Mexican immigrants. This is really basic stuff that children can grasp.

Having established this, we look at the comment "they’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” we see that he was quite clearly inferring that one or more of these labels can be applied to the majority of Mexican immigrants, hence the 'good people' part is restricted to "some" rather than 'most'. "Some, I assume" is a grudging acknowledgement that they're not all rapists, but he's quite clearly implying that most of them are.

It's only now, having analysed his original statement, that we consider further statements he's made, and decide whether by introducing the word 'undocumented', having previously said that the majority of Mexican immigrants are drugged-up criminals and rapists, he's genuinely attempting to offer further clarification of his views or backtrack to a less inflammatory position.

Or rather he doesn't believe any of it and says exactly what he believes will appeal to his xenophobic, hick, redneck voters.

Or rather he doesn't believe any of it and says exactly what he believes will appeal to his xenophobic, hick, redneck voters.

Sadly if you repeat the same lie enough times to idiots who want it to be true, they'll be convinced it is. Truth is irrelevant.

Are you out later? I know a great bar in Scotland.

Sadly if you repeat the same lie enough times to idiots who want it to be true, they'll be convinced it is. Truth is irrelevant.

Are you out later? I know a great bar in Scotland.

Im not interested in gay bars sorry.

Archived