Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

39 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

If it was about getting a super majority why form a new party instead of joining up with one of the other  newly formed parties?

Ego trip central 

It’s fùck all to do with a “super majority”.  It’s a personal agenda that is not driven by political objectives.

I question the personal morality of anyone who has a knowledge of politics and votes for a party started by Salmond.  I imagine the majority of votes his party gets will come from the uninformed.

46 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

If it was about getting a super majority why form a new party instead of joining up with one of the other  newly formed parties?

Ego trip central 

And if he were to do, can you suggest which party he should join up with that has a figurehead more obviously synonymous with the Independence cause? 

It’s fùck all to do with a “super majority”.  It’s a personal agenda that is not driven by political objectives.
I question the personal morality of anyone who has a knowledge of politics and votes for a party started by Salmond.  I imagine the majority of votes his party gets will come from the uninformed.
What a load of pretentious nonsense. Questioning folks morality? What an arsehole.

Aye there's probably a personal element but for an awful lot of folk the snp govt are far too cautious and, dare i say it, too conservative (on all sorts of issues).

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What a load of pretentious nonsense. Questioning folks morality? What an arsehole.

Aye there's probably a personal element but for an awful lot of folk the snp govt are far too cautious and, dare i say it, too conservative (on all sorts of issues).

What is it you do for a living again?

Tommy Sheridan!!! This is just getting better all the time. 
With the Unionists in Scotland being horrifically inept, the Yessers with an open goal,  decide to start capitulating with all this Alba lunacy. The hapless Bojo was handing Indy on a plate only for it to be handed right back due to an SNP turf war!

It strikes me that if Salmond, McAskill etc were looking to really shaft the SNP and more importantly the cause of independence, they would be standing folk in the constituency.

They are not. There was an olive branch vibe about the launch.

It's up to the SNP leadership to respond in turn. They need to show a bit of class, stop the personal attacks and snidey comments.....and put independence first.....

6 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

It strikes me that if Salmond, McAskill etc were looking to really shaft the SNP and more importantly the cause of independence, they would be standing folk in the constituency.

They are not. There was an olive branch vibe about the launch.

It's up to the SNP leadership to respond in turn. They need to show a bit of class, stop the personal attacks and snidey comments.....and put independence first.....

This is the word I’ve been trying to articulate into something that itself didn’t itself seem snidey. But the whole SNP reaction to Alba has been nothing but...erm,,snidey. 

Edited by alta-pete
Slow golf

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Where tf were you in the Brexit thread?!?!

I got trained. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Alba and the arseholes associated with it should be treated with the contempt they deserve. 

That might be a good tactic to avoid getting a majority. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone who votes for Alba is a fuckkng wrong yin. Just as morally reprehensible as the tories with the utter shite they are filling their list with. 

As I've said previously, indyref2 is over for a while, this will be the last Indy led parliament for a long while. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong but pretty confident I'm not. 

When she's told to bolt Nicola bolts. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

As I've said previously, indyref2 is over for a while, this will be the last Indy led parliament for a long while. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong but pretty confident I'm not. 

When she's told to bolt Nicola bolts. 

Oh i agree with you, i dont think the snp can deliver indy and I dont think they deliver competent government either. Political parties are too obsessed with things the electorate doesnt care about to the point they destroy themselves internally and cant get things done.