Who Has Got Snow Tyers

Got a set of Michelin Alpine tyers though I have to say was gob smacked by the cost. But you can’t put a price on safety and after last winter we want to be ready this time.
Most countries on mainland Europe make it law that you must put winter tyers on.

Be a wear.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange reaction on some posts.

Living out in the country is a wee bit different from the town. The roads don’t get treated as often as in the town and with less traffic the roads become very dangerous.

Winter tyers have a much shorter breaking distance on snow to normal tyers.
The car dose not slide on snow as much as normal tyers.
They also perform much better to aqua planning.

Waste of money imo.

You pay a ton of money to get a full set only to have to pay again a few months later to get normal tyres (or old ones put back on).

Even then it might not fucking snow and you've punted all this money for nothing..

Only worth it if you have anothet set of wheels to keep winter tyres on, and swap when appropriate imo.

Why do you think it;s law to have winter tyers on in Germany - Holland - Belgum - France and a host of other nations.
Get it right out of your head that because I have put them on everyone should. All I want to know is how many posters have put winter tyers on.

Strange reaction on some posts.

Living out in the country is a wee bit different from the town. The roads don’t get treated as often as in the town and with less traffic the roads become very dangerous.

Winter tyers have a much shorter breaking distance on snow to normal tyers.

The car dose not slide on snow as much as normal tyers.

They also perform much better to aqua planning.

I don't have winter tyers and have no problems with breaking or aqua planning

Archived