Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there ever an official statement regards our drainage system or is this just a rumour?

Not surprised this is off. Up until yesterday I couldn't remember the last day it hadn't rained- it was a miracle the Derby went ahead.

Hopefully it goes ahead on Tuesday!

Bring on the bairns!

I think what would have been useful would have been Dundee telling us what the state of the pitch was last night when they informed us of the inspection.

Looking at the forecast I was confident that it would pass the inspection as there was no rain forecast. If Dundee had told us that it was unplayable yesterday, which it must have been, I probably wouldn't have bought any tickets.

Not surprised this is off. Up until yesterday I couldn't remember the last day it hadn't rained.

Was thinking this last night. Don't think I've seen sunshine or clear skies in about 2 weeks!

Disappointed the game isn't on, though. Was pretty confident it would be looking at the forecast yesterday. Thankfully I didn't buy a ticket in advance! Might still make Tuesday night that being said.

What's the script with the drainage at Dens then? Is it just shite, or completely knackered?

Was thinking this last night. Don't think I've seen sunshine or clear skies in about 2 weeks!

Disappointed the game isn't on, though. Was pretty confident it would be looking at the forecast yesterday. Thankfully I didn't buy a ticket in advance! Might still make Tuesday night that being said.

What's the script with the drainage at Dens then? Is it just shite, or completely knackered?

Prior to the past few weeks we never lose games to waterlogged pitch.

We got a new drainage system installed under the pitch for this season which is apparently tremendous, but a part of it has failed/collapsed.

It was noticeable in the Derby which area of the pitch was effected - the same part that caused the problem for the Celtic game.

I think what would have been useful would have been Dundee telling us what the state of the pitch was last night when they informed us of the inspection.

Looking at the forecast I was confident that it would pass the inspection as there was no rain forecast. If Dundee had told us that it was unplayable yesterday, which it must have been, I probably wouldn't have bought any tickets.

:lol: 'no rain forecast' .. Did you miss the whole storm situation the country had been through for the previous 14 days, yeah?

Celtic - postponed

Dundee United - went ahead

Falkirk - postponed

Please explain that one for me if it's been solid rain for a fortnight

Somewhat embarrassing that every other R4 tie is on except EK v LTHV which is under too much snow.

Even the Junior club Linlithgow Rose were able to protect their pitch and get their tie on.

What's gone so badly wrong with the state of the pitch at Dens?

Celtic - postponed

Falkirk - postponed

Here we have someone who genuinely believes Dundee are running scared of his tin pot championship mob.

He will be in the Dundee area today and can be identified by his sulky, whiny, bairns demeanour, large chip on his shoulder and may be exhibiting obvious signs of delusion.

People are advised to approach with caution.

Somewhat embarrassing that every other R4 tie is on except EK v LTHV which is under too much snow.

Even the Junior club Linlithgow Rose were able to protect their pitch and get their tie on.

A section of our under pitch drainage system has collapsed or failed. Not that embarrassing tbh, just unfortunate.

Celtic - postponed

Falkirk - postponed

Playing on wet pitch in making pitch worse shocker.

A part of the drainage system has failed and can't be repaired until the end of the season.

I think people are underestimating just how badly Dundee has been hit. Here was Drumgeith yesterday - certainly no amateur games being played there today like the Falkirk fan earlier surmised: http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2016/01/08/drone-images-show-extent-of-flooding-at-drumgeith-park/

Added into the fact that our new fancy system broke down the other week shouldn't leave it as much of a surprise the struggle we've had getting today's game on.

It's not embarrassing at all, considering until the past week our record of call offs due to water logging was pretty much non-existent. Just a bit unfortunate that our pitch protection system breaks during the same period we've been getting hit with flooding.

Here we have someone who genuinely believes Dundee are running scared of his tin pot championship mob.

He will be in the Dundee area today and can be identified by his sulky, whiny, bairns demeanour, large chip on his shoulder and may be exhibiting obvious signs of delusion.

People are advised to approach with caution.

I might go to the Arbroath game - still on as it currently stands :lol:

Maybe you could poach their groundsman, although I'm not sure how adept he is with a hose.

Dundee are a total joke of club, they would rather spend money ( they haven't got) on players than basic infrastructure, supposedly they are using dens as a public bath today so the yes voting,manky shower can get a wash,,,,,

Ooft, heads well and truly gone.

I might go to the Arbroath game - still on as it currently stands :lol:

Maybe you could poach their groundsman, although I'm not sure how adept he is with a hose.

Shite troll is shite.

Archived