Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth didn't the officials see the foul on Talbot?

Anyway, fantastic performance today. Deserved the win, but it wasn't to be. I thought County were poor, expected a lot more from them. The left back was terrible as well as the ginger centre half. Fox was excellent in goal, your standout player imo.

Faiss, as mentioned, unbelievable today. Based on what I saw today it's strange to think that Cardle couldn't get in that side.

From the Beeb highlights, Dunfermline did to County what County did to most of the Premiership in 2015, at least Feb-Oct. The direct running and wing play are what County are best at, but they're very vulnerable to it happening to them because of the amount of space left in front of the defence.

Cardle showed as much end product in that game than he had in a year at County.

I'd like to think things will be different on Tuesday, but County must be odds on to set up exactly the same way. I think the question will be if Dunfermline can retain the same intensity.

I'd only watched the website highlights at that point. Watching the extended Sportscene highlights fully woken is so much more alarming.

The amount of times that Dunfermline were allowed to attack 4v4 is scary. Especially when Davies's weakness is getting turned. That used to be Boyd's strength but that side of his game has been on the decline for the last 12 months.

Falkingham and Geggan were quite happy to sit in and let the pace and directness of the front four cause havoc, which is fine, I wish County could do more of that. Irvine was often back in his box to help and cover for another player taken out of the play, while Woods sauntered around the halfway line, allowing players like Paton run off him. Sure, Woods's markers in the system were either Geggan or Falkingham much further up the pitch, but geezo, show some dig and pick up a runner, to let the team cover with an extra man when being run down. See that phase of the game through and then start making some play.

For the move leading up to Paton's sitter, Paton is five yards goal-side of Woods at the centre circle, but Woods has absolutely no interest in following him back - cue Paton at the far post with the chance of the season. It's bad enough just now, but if Dunfermline won the game because of that I would be seriously pissed off. There were so many occasions like that shown on the highlights, as well as the soft footed challenge in the lead up to El Bakhtaoui's shot off the bar.

If Raffa De Vita spends more time on the edge of his box than the central midfielders, the system isn't working.

Couldn't get down on Saturday so interesting reading views on the game. We shouldn't be surprised that Dunfermline gave us a game, it was set up for that with the way they've been playing/ex players etc.

Looking at the highlights it appears we got away with one!

Worryingly there seems to be several players in the team off the boil at the moment. Will be very interesting to see on Tuesday night whether JM makes changes or tries to tough it out with a similar team.....

The Graham 'incident' looks soft to me, pulled the boy over on the way by. Certainly not the 'clothes lining' some suggest. Stupid, yes. Foul and yellow card, yes, but would be disappointed if any more is made of it. Would be aggrieved if a Pars fan though being as the goal followed.

Great to see Schalk getting his goal.

Spine of the team is a worry atm.

Well done Pars, no surprise to me! Looking forward to making Tuesday night!

No mention of the flares the County fans threw, just lucky the bbc decided nothing happened at those times.

I feel like the Pars screwed this up as I don't see us playing that well at Dingwall and County can easily play better, hope I'm wrong though

Mon the Pars!

The Par Fae Aberdeen(shire)

Good highlights on Sportscene, wow, not used to anything other than the usual 25secs on a Sunday night!

Got into Legends before the game, nice setup you have there.

Fox saved a draw for us, no doubt, what a save from the one onto the bar.

Not sure if Jim will re-jig things for the replay, we surely cant risk giving Dunfermline that kind of space again, they were running at us with 4 players and ffs we know what Cardle is all about he was getting far too much time. If his end product was better he could have had 2 or 3.

We are a different beast at home though and I expect us to scrape through.

Considering that was only Schalk's 2nd start I thought he was excellent and have high hopes for him if we use him properly (ie no punts up to him).

Re the flares - two twats were eventually ejected by the stewards, presumably the culprits, if if so then I hope they are shopped to the club and banned.

The queue was too long, I gave up waiting for a Bridie.

A good awayday, refreshing to have a different destination for a change, and an exciting game. Good luck to the Pars for the rest of the season, except Tuesday!

In case anyone has somehow missed the highlights...

Good play by Schalk for the opener - caught us cold but I wouldn't be too harsh on our defence as we don't face that kind of thing every week. Pars opener typified what we're all about this season, with defence turning in to attack and defenders not knowing who to pick up as we flood forward. After some miserable football for a while it's great to see a traditional Pars setup of two strikers and two wide guys.

It was a cracking game, with a great travelling support too. Disappointed not to have won, especially seeing as County will most likely beat us on their own patch up in Dingwall on Tuesday night.

Assuming we win League 1, next season looks very promising.

Assuming we win League 1, next season looks very promising.

That's dangerous talk! I remember after we cruised through a couple of games after signing Ross Forbes I thought "we look like a decent Championship side". Two years later and we're still here.

Watched sportscene and something confusing me here. If the wee c**t is the best player in the division how did he miss so many chances?

I miss diddy roasters. We have to make do with Hearts & Partick roasters. They're just not the same.

That's dangerous talk! I remember after we cruised through a couple of games after signing Ross Forbes I thought "we look like a decent Championship side". Two years later and we're still here.

Very true, very true. My optimism has come back to bite me on the arse before and will likely do so again!

Archived