Queens v Raith

Why would I have any desire to be considered a hard-core supporter? What does my aversion to spending sixteen quid and enduring terrible weather, when I could be watching on TV with a drink, have to do with my view on the moving of the Boxing Day game? As it is, the forecast is ok, so I'll probably go. I'm entertained however by the notion that not doing so, might piss you off.

tumblr_inline_moa769vjCK1qz4rgp.gif

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alba do decent coverage better than bbc scotland anyway. The half time things are usually decent as well. The football is shite but that's not their fault

Agreed, also they look as if they actually give a shit with their coverage unlike other tv stations that show our games at times.

BBC Alba's coverage is actually very good (they can't be blamed for the quality of football or my limited Gaelic) and as a Rovers fan in the run up to Christmas I was delighted when this game and Morton next week were announced as TV games as I was unlikely to go and I can now watch them.

Why would I have any desire to be considered a hard-core supporter? What does my aversion to spending sixteen quid and enduring terrible weather, when I could be watching on TV with a drink, have to do with my view on the moving of the Boxing Day game? As it is, the forecast is ok, so I'll probably go. I'm entertained however by the notion that not doing so, might piss you off.

You have a very high opinion of yourself if you think whether or not you attend a football match will piss me off. What you do or don't do in your life will have no effect on me.

I just find it ironic that you constantly refer to the changing of the Boxing Day fixture as if it is some heinous crime by the board to deny you of football on that particular day, when you confess you may not be arsed to walk 80 yards down the road to watch a similar match on Friday night.

Any Rovers fans who pay to get into Palmerston this evening should be given a voucher entitling them to free entry for the April 9 game.

Can't for the life of me Think why this should happen maybe you could explain reasoning maybe Raith could let those fans in free at the next Match v QoS at Starks park!

Can't for the life of me Think why this should happen maybe you could explain reasoning

To encourage their future custom - something that, across the board, Scottish football does uniquely badly.

From the Friday night scheduling, to the fact it is on telly, to the fact xmas is round the corner, to the fact the weather's cr&p, to the fact there's serious transport issues... seemingly every single obstacle is in visiting fans' way for this evening - most Raith fans will probably say 'nah, let's no bother' as opposed to a Saturday 3pm ko. At the very least discounted entry might endear a handful (who might even spend the change on programmes, half-time draw tickets, etc.)

Clubs are constantly being forced to come up with means to get punters through the doors these days. Hence you get subsidised kids/family tickets, 'early bird' money off schemes and many other incentives at the more proactive clubs. An offer made when it would seem like you're facing your lowest home league gate in years would seem like decent business sense to me.

Besides, how many compos would Queens have to dish out tonight - 20? 30? It's hardly likely to make in dent in the offset against the TV money due from Alba.

It's hardly likely to make in dent in the offset against the TV money due from Alba.

:lol:

We don't get any tv money for a live league game whether it's Alba, BT Sport or Sky. It all goes in the League coffers and is paid out as prize money quite independent of how often you were on tv.

We'll lose a fair bit of money out of the fixture change with the gate undoubtedly reduced and most of the hospitality cancelled. I fail to see any real justification for offering away fans a better deal than home fans.

I am another that will being staying in - and having copious amounts of alcohol to get me through.

Really not confident about tonight. Hopefully the win at Elgin has boosted the team and we can build on that... but we really need to stop shipping cheap goals. Our defense was imperious in the first 9/10 games and now we are leaking more than is acceptable.

Not sure about what team McKinnon will pick tonight. Perhaps...

Cuthbert

Bates Toshney Benedictus McKeown

Craigen McCord Callaghan Megginson/Anderson

Stewart Daly/Wighton

He may well play Davo at CB (moving toshney RB and dropping bates) or play Davo in CM and drop one of the others. Personally I hope Dvao is on the bench, callaghan starts in CM and wighton partners Stewart.

Scott Robertson will probably play.

Aw Aye, forgot about him!

Well hopefully that increases the liklihood of Davo being benched. It may mean we play a narrow 3 out of Davo, McCord, Callaghan, Robertson and then play three ahead of Craigen, Stewart, Wighton, Daly, Anderson, Megginson. Or more likely it will be 4-4-2.

:lol:

We don't get any tv money for a live league game whether it's Alba, BT Sport or Sky. It all goes in the League coffers and is paid out as prize money quite independent of how often you were on tv.

We'll lose a fair bit of money out of the fixture change with the gate undoubtedly reduced and most of the hospitality cancelled. I fail to see any real justification for offering away fans a better deal than home fans.

Read my post again, SD - I didn't specify whether the telly money we are due was part of a one-off payment for being on the box tonight or as part of the agreed pooling of cash between the broadcasters and the SPFL member clubs.

Fact is we'll get money - from Alba, through the SPFL - at some point and in some form.

Archived