Hibs v Falkirk

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many poverty stricken fans are Falkirk expecting to bring through for this?

I'd guess around 800-1000 but that may be wildly optimistic. No game last week and it's the best away day in the league. We're in good form and a few people consider Hibs a bit of a rivalry now (aye laugh it up).

Being serious for a moment, I would like the prices to be lower in Scottish football. I'm doing alright for myself now but a couple of years ago I struggled to get to as many games as I'd have liked and a more casual fan could've lost interest altogether at that point.

The reality is this 'half the prices and double the crowd' logic doesn't actually work at all. Hibs and plenty other clubs have tried it and the gate increase is negligible. Every club in the country - including Falkirk - now just charges what they think will get them the most money on what hardcore support they have left.

Let's face it, the only reason this comes up on every match Hibs v Falkirk thread is because a lot of Falkirk fans on P&B have raging stauners for Hibs and it's an opportunity to move the conversion on to tear-stained rants about us:

I agree with marshy, Paying £18 to go to Dumbarton is far more of a rip off. I get that people moan about Hibs prices but in the grand scheme of things its well worth it. Its a day out in Edinburgh, decent facilities, plenty of pubs and you know both teams will try and play football, so to complain about an extra £4 (four) for all of this, barring cup games, only twice a year is pretty miserly.

Hibee's have more of a right to complain having to pay that amount week in week out at ER on perhaps a cold Tuesday night against the likes of Alloa when the novelty of a day/night out in Edinburgh has wore off. Twice a year lads FFS..... £8

How many poverty stricken fans are Falkirk expecting to bring through for this?

As our supporters are generally a bunch of rich, good looking b*****ds, I'd say 1000-1100. That's what we took to the two games at Tynecastle and with Hearts out the league this is now probably going to be the main away fixture. Given we're having a better season this time round, we might even take more than that.

Also, £22 at Hibs is far, far better value than £15-18 at holes like Cowdenbeath, Alloa or Dumbarton. Still, the Hibs board must take some accountability that aside from the Sevco game, Easter Road has been more than half-empty all season. it's clearly too much to be charging for Championship football and I think our supporters are quite within reason to point that out.

The adult prices are one thing but its the kids prices that are far too high in my opinion. Not easy for a family of 4 to find 60 odd quid at this time of year . An extra 4 quid for your lone adult doesnt break the bank but a family is having to pay nearly double what they would pay at TFS and thats bound to put people off. When we're trying to get youngsters into football these prices certainly dont help.

As mentioned earlier, the boards are charging what they think they can get away with. Any notion that Hibs are charging what they are to build a squad for promotion is nonsense IMO. Hibs are really a selling club like everyone in championship bar Rangers. The gate prices are trying to pay off stadium development / upkeep and selling assets is the only way any extra money would be getting funnelled to Stubbs.

I reckon if Hibs had 4 sellout crowds between now and end of Jan there would be no extra budget for the squad. That budget has and is funded with the Scott Allan money (less what Petrie held back for his income extraction of course)

It's a fact that all season ticket money is the playing budget. It's how the clubs works.

Yeah so the budget is what it is, regardless of walk up support selling out to your 14000 or so capacity? There's certainly no where near that amount of season ticket holders.

The adult prices are one thing but its the kids prices that are far too high in my opinion. Not easy for a family of 4 to find 60 odd quid at this time of year . An extra 4 quid for your lone adult doesnt break the bank but a family is having to pay nearly double what they would pay at TFS and thats bound to put people off. When we're trying to get youngsters into football these prices certainly dont help.

You are right that the kids walk-up prices are too high. Can't remember what they were in the summer but concession half season tickets are ridiculously cheap at Hibs though. That's how you get young fans on board. I myself got a dirt cheap kiddies season ticket back in the day and got hooked.

The reality is walk-up numbers are brutal, even when they're going for next to nothing. All these thousands of four person families that are desperate to go to ER but can't don't exist, I'm afraid.

I can't think of any 4 people families I know that have expressed a real desire to go to the football regularly not sure why this example keeps getting used.

Agreed, I don't really think footballs a family thing, people either go with their pals or their dad, brother etc

It's very rare you see the typical dad,mum and two kids at the football.

I think it's either £70 or £90 for a half season ticket for a child at Easter road.

I thought you said they were cheap?. An under 18 at TFS could get a full season for £50 with under 12's free. Our bod have got to be congratulated on the prices for kids to be honest.

Archived