Catholic Rangers, Protestant Celtic

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to St Mary's secondary off London Rd and can remember a couple of guys who supported Rangers,guys I know and ran around with from Riverside school just down the road from Parkhead followed Celtic and there were loads of them,does it really matter to people nowadays,time we moved on from the old shit.

I went to St Mary's secondary off London Rd and can remember a couple of guys who supported Rangers,guys I know and ran around with from Riverside school just down the road from Parkhead followed Celtic and there were loads of them,does it really matter to people nowadays,time we moved on from the old shit.
and I went to St Mary's Primary where Celtic was formed...so when bigots go on about Stein not getting on the board because he "was a proddy" I can't help but point out , McGrory and McNeil didn't get board places either,,,BUT Stein was offered a board place...unlike Rangers greatest ever Manager Wallace who was treated like shit by the board so much so he resigned.

and I went to St Mary's Primary where Celtic was formed...so when bigots go on about Stein not getting on the board because he "was a proddy" I can't help but point out , McGrory and McNeil didn't get board places either,,,BUT Stein was offered a board place...unlike Rangers greatest ever Manager Wallace who was treated like shit by the board so much so he resigned.

Nay bother I'm no looking for a 2 bob argument mate,I'm only casting an opinion,each to their own.

Thats true,, unlike Rangers I don't recall us having a ban on employing people from a certain religion for 80 years, and yes once again, Stein was offered a board position, Mcgrory and McNeil weren't ,but then that doesn't fit in with your failed narrative.

You do know their is a list circulating the Internet if you can be arsed searching which actually lists the Catholic players for rangers in the timescale you are talking about

What does the school you went to actually have to do with the point you make in this post

Am I being trolled an absolute belter here or are you genuinely not too bright?

Congratulations if it's the former and commiserations if it's the latter.

I didn't make any claims, m8 - Fran Sandaza did. You said you don't believe he made it up either, so you agree with me. The only difference is that you want me to provide evidence for Sandaza's claim?

Mental.

Yes, once again I agree with you that he said it. I've read the article.

However, he never said who advised him.

You do know their is a list circulating the Internet if you can be arsed searching which actually lists the Catholic players for rangers in the timescale you are talking about

No that old shite again, Between 1930 uptill Spencer played in the 80s Rangers had a no Catholic policy and in that time they never 'knowingly' signed a Catholic.

This is just common knowledge and history which everyone knows.

Before you post your list why not have a quiet word with one of the more enlightened Rangers fans on here before you make a c**t of yourself?

By the mid-70s Celtic were declining and Stein was struggling to replace the Lisbon Lions. He had also been seriously injured in a car crash in 1975 which had been said to have affected him badly.

My mum nursed him after the car crash.

I thought you should know.

As someone pointed out, the list you speak of was full of random names of teachers from a Catholic secondary school, and whilst I am not really wanting to go down the road of a "yous ur the bigots, no us" type of discussion, as lets face it, they are boring and pointless, I do find it to be rather odd behaviour that some rangers fans seem to take some form of pride in a made up list, rather than question as to why people of a certain faith need to have their names papped doon on a list.

Back to the original question, whilst very few of them attend their respective places of worship, but if we are going on people who have been Baptised/Christened, then I know a couple of Catholic rangers fans, including two former Alter boys, and I have some Protestant Celtic fans in my family as well as a few friends who don't kick with the left foot, but support Celtic. Unfortunately, there does appear to be knuckledraggers who still seem to push forward with this "how can you support <insert whatever team>?, you're a <insert whichever religion" mentality.

I'm a Rangers fan and don't cosider myself to be religous at all. When i was younger i'd always say i was protestant, for what reasons i don't know. I ran about with 'catholics' celtic fans before, even at that, i'd highly doubt they honestly cared abut religion.

You seem to know a lot about the practices of former rangers players , could you provide the reasoning behind you clubs greatest manager not getting a place on the board?

Ok idiot, Stein was offered a place on the board, that's your first bigoted accusation dealt with.

And now let's see you list of Catholic players Rangers "knowingly employed" between 1912 and BS (before Spencer)mid 80s....

We await your list.

Archived