Annan - Accies

Laid-back Accie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being pessimistic but Annan will really have to lift their game to get anything out of this cup tie.Hamilton are far superior to Queens and Saints.

Dougie Imrie's a bit of a lad - I remember speaking to him in Johnny Fox's in Inverness when we were up there for a league cup tie - thought he was too good for Inverness and would be away at the end of the season. He was true to his word but whether it was progress I don't know - Inverness seem to be doing quite good !

Our only chance - Hamilton underestimate us and it clicks for us on the day, remember they're used to plastic so no surprises

there.

• 4 weeks later...

First match I've looked forward to in a while. I'd like to see us most of the side that drew with Motherwell as I think there's something with that personnel with a couple of changes.

I'd quite like to see Martin come in for McGovern as I'm quite interested to see how he does as I've heard nothing but good things. We're not the side that tends to switch keepers in cup ties, though. Gordon should go back to RB with Sendles-White slotting in and I think we need to blood in whoever's playing LB for the Development Squad and Kurakins is one of the biggest liabilities to ever pull on an Accies shirt. I'd stick with the same midfield and D'Acol has looked good in his last 2 or 3 sub appearances and gave us more of a threat yesterday when he came on so he'd switch with Morris up top.

Like pretty much every Accies fan, I've never been to Annan so it'll be a new experience and I like the small grounds with terracing and such so it should be good fun.

Nice to get a break from league fair and enjoy the magic of the Cup. Took in an Annan game a few seasons ago when Accies had a free saturday and since then they have covered one end behind the goals. Tight ground with an artificial pitch so the atmosphere should be good. I also wondered if Martin would figure in goals for us but as has been said unlikely. Yes an opportunity to try a few changes but with an eye to league improvement. Annan dropped from top of the league on Saturday but still playing reasonably well so taking nothing for granted. Should be an away win but hey its Accies and our cup form is not good.

Where would the Annan fans recommend for pre. match refreshments ??

A few decent bars on the high street, the anglers and the the shed being the most popular. Anyone coming on train there's a pub at the station too. Not to mention the fantastic social club we have at the ground.

Where would the Annan fans recommend for pre. match refreshments ??

The Shed then up to the football club.You will enjoy both.

How many Hamilton supporters expecting to travel to Annan?

The Shed then up to the football club.You will enjoy both.

How many Hamilton supporters expecting to travel to Annan?

I'm probably being uncharacteristically optimistic but I can see there being a decent Accies support (by our standards). Cup game, winnable game, good day out and many fans need this to tick off the set of grounds. I know for a fact that there are 2 buses running as opposed to the usual one and plenty of folk are making the trip that don't travel that far are going.

Looking for some info from the Annan fans , taking the car so where is the best place to get parked near the ground ?

Should be a decent support going down for our standards as most of the boys i spoke to on Saturday are going and seems a big interest in this match with what others have said (new ground for us , Cup tie , good prices).

I would start D'Acol , i think he looks good when he comes on , strength and seems to get in to good positions in the box .

Looking forward to this, should be a decent cup-tie. Our defence was pretty tight early on in the season but in the last 5 games we've conceeded 15 goals.On the plus side we've started finding the net again in the last couple of games. If we can sort the 1st part out then I fancy us to find our form again. The equaliser at Firpark will surely have helped boost morale going into this one but still expecting it to be a tight game. I'll go for a nervy 2-1 victory but wouldn't be surprised if it's taken to a replay.at NDP

Looking for some info from the Annan fans , taking the car so where is the best place to get parked near the ground ?

Should be a decent support going down for our standards as most of the boys i spoke to on Saturday are going and seems a big interest in this match with what others have said (new ground for us , Cup tie , good prices).

I would start D'Acol , i think he looks good when he comes on , strength and seems to get in to good positions in the box .

There's a car park behind the away end just as you approach the ground but it's not the biggest. Other than that it's street parking

Looking forward to the day out more than the game tbh. Like others have said, I'd like to see D'Acol and Brophy start and I think we should go for it from the beginning. A few goals for our strikers and a clean sheet would do wonders for our confidence but it won't be that easy will it? As long as we come away with a win I'll be happy.

I forgot Imrie's suspended for this one. I'd like to see Canning replace him with Redmond but I reckon it'll be Longridge.

Glad wee Dougie's missing- seems to create a lot for u guys.

Wee blonde fella up front looks dangerous too.

Enough swally places in Annan - apart from those already mentioned There's the Buck on the High St. & at the far end near the bridge- Blue Bell,real ale kinda bit.Rugby club up Bank St.,The Bruce,the Berry.Try them awe

Archived