Hibs v Queens

A win is a must here. Queens are a totally different side to the one we played last season. Considering the amount of key players they lost in the summer they seem to be doing quite well, only two points off the play offs. It really is great to have mcgeouch back aswell. I can see Falkirk getting a result on Saturday so if we do the buisness it sets us nicely for the 28th. 3-1 Hibs Cummings, Dom and Keatings the scorers.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hooper has played for about 30 seconds since the Livi game, so unlikely to start.

This is the last of the first set of away games against the 5 teams above us. In the previous 4, we have scored a total of 1 goal.

I agree he is very unlikely to play as is Pickard but after watching the Raith game it is abundantly clear that too many players have become automatic picks on the back of some very uninspiring displays. I expect us to set up with a 4-5-1 or something similar and face a gruelling 90 minutes with the ball rarely coming out of our final third. Hope I am wrong as we could all do with a lift from somewhere.

I agree he is very unlikely to play as is Pickard but after watching the Raith game it is abundantly clear that too many players have become automatic picks on the back of some very uninspiring displays. I expect us to set up with a 4-5-1 or something similar and face a gruelling 90 minutes with the ball rarely coming out of our final third. Hope I am wrong as we could all do with a lift from somewhere.

We played 3-6-1 in the home game against Hibs, with Kidd kidding on he was playing up front. He might try 4-6-0.

Hooper has looked very comfortable at right back but had a bit of a 'mare when he was part of a back 3. Of all the youngsters on the fringes he is the one I'd like to see involved the most. He looks the closest to being ready, and his competition haven't exactly made themselves undroppable with their performances. Sadly I can't see him getting much game time and his career could follow a similar path to Steven Black. I think he's a bit older than the likes of Smith so if he doesn't establish himself this season he probably never will.

Pickard and Smith aren't ready for the first team yet and we have better options than both in their favoured positions. I'd like us to use Smith more as an impact sub though as his pace could be a threat.

I don't think this is really a game to be experimenting anyway. Go with the tried and tested, pick up the expected defeat, and move onto the next one.

If you are certain to lose anyway, is that not the best time to experiment?

I don't think subjecting young inexperienced players to a potentially heavy defeat would do anything for their individual development or benefit the team going forward in any way whatsoever.

Throwing in youngsters for the sake of it is rather fruitless I think. They have to be good enough, and developed enough.

How will they develop to full potential if not given meaningful game time?

4-5-1 seems a good option for me but would have Hutton in the middle instead of miller to keep the possession tidy. Jacobs and pickard to chase the ball. It's very negative and defensive but hey ho hoping for a point.

As i said i dont expect the players mentioned to play - i dont even feel particularly strongly that they are good enough to play BUT some of the first choce players have had more than enough time to deliver some results or even good all round performances. Our home displays in particular have been awful with 1/2 exceptions. Getting wins is always difficult in this league but you can enjoy the games if the players are at it and playing good attacking football.

Of all the players mentioned Mark Millar is one that I would not drop because he is one of the few who is capable of making things happen in the final third and helping us to get out of our own half at a place like Easter Road. If we pack the midfield with destroyers and "keepers of the shape"we will be chasing shadows.

Meadowbank Retail Park.

Appreciated cheers . Will give it a bash. Was thinking of parking in the qos half to help the boys get a clean sheet on Saturday. Could be grim viewing probably the same as first half v raith.

Archived