Hibs v Queens

Just heard that McGinn's red card has been overturned.

I dont wish McGinn any harm but that is an unbelieveable decision. That challenge was a real potential over the top leg breaker and a red card was absolutely the right decision. You then compare that sending off with some of the ridiculous "handbag" dismissals that you see for next to nothing and it really makes you wonder who sits on these appeal panels.

If I was the ref involved I would want clarification on exactly what the guidelines are for dismissals because that appeal decision is an absolute nonsense.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciated cheers . Will give it a bash. Was thinking of parking in the qos half to help the boys get a clean sheet on Saturday. Could be grim viewing probably the same as first half v raith.

You driving a supporter's bus?

Just heard that McGinn's red card has been overturned.

I dont wish McGinn any harm but that is an unbelieveable decision. That challenge was a real potential over the top leg breaker and a red card was absolutely the right decision. You then compare that sending off with some of the ridiculous "handbag" dismissals that you see for next to nothing and it really makes you wonder who sits on these appeal panels.

If I was the ref involved I would want clarification on exactly what the guidelines are for dismissals because that appeal decision is an absolute nonsense.

It is a pretty ridiculous decision.

Even if you dont agree that its a red card (which I do) theres nothing on the video that should have over turned the decision. The ref has a clear view from less than 10 yards away

Some of the decisions that are made really do highlight the only consistent element is INCONSISTENCY.

No wonder the average fan doesnt have a clue about the rules and their interpretation.

The decision effectively concludes that the ref standing 10 yards away has made an error of judgement which he most definitely did not do on his occasion.

Having watched a number of our players being regularly selected and producing very little week after week I would not be averse to some of our younger local players getting a chance. I dont expect to get anything but stranger things have happened.

thomson

Hooper Dowie Higgy

kidd Jacobs Millar Pickard Marshall

lyle Russell/Smith

People who watch the Dev team say that Pickard has been playing well and he did ok at Ibrox earlier so give him a go.

In the case of Aiden Smith he certainly deserves more game time than he is getting.

While we will undoubtedly need to be diligent at the back - sincerely hope we dont go with one lone striker as we will be under siege from the off and suspect it will make for ugly viewing. Keep two up and we will have a chance of nicking a goal and give ourselves an outside chance. I cant bare another 90 mins camped in our own box hoping for Thomson to have a blinder and the woodwork to save us.

Doubt they would have started anyway but according manager`s update both Smith and Pickard struggling with injuries.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3044

Hard to get motivated for this one with the prospect of a backs-to-the-wall defensive display with the very occasional counter-attack to brighten things up. You would expect Hibs to enjoy the better of possession and possibly chances, but there's no need to help them to do this by sitting back and allowing them to dictate the game. Start on the front foot, don't let them settle and if we still go down at least make Hibs work for it.

I wonder if Carmichael will be a sub tomorrow for Hibs? Wasn't even a sub last weekend and not sure if he's still injured or not?

Sure Dan is still out injured after small opp, never been fully fit since leaving palmerston.

Think he needed a groin op right enough. I thought in November he was available again, being a sub and getting on a few times but not starting as the team were playing so well, but perhaps his groin injury required an op after all.

This should be an easy Hibs victory to set the team up for Ibrox. McGeough will be more important than ever while McGinns out.

I can see Hibs picking up all 3 and Sevco dropping 2 if not all 3 v Falkirk... The Ibrox match should see Hibs going outright top of the Championship I reckon. Looking forward to McGeoch getting a decent run too, always impressed by his work rate.

Agree 100% with Fae the Briggs - no point whatsoever in setting up with some ultra defensive formation whichis designed to strangle the life out of Hibs not to mention ourown supporters.

Naturally we have to be solid at the back but keep two up so that we have an outside chance of scoring and making the game interesting .

Nothing worse than being comprehensively beaten when we have effectively failed to turn up. We should have enough good players to make a game of it but so often this season we have seriously underperformed. Some players are long overdue to deliver.

I can see Hibs picking up all 3 and Sevco dropping 2 if not all 3 v Falkirk... The Ibrox match should see Hibs going outright top of the Championship I reckon. Looking forward to McGeoch getting a decent run too, always impressed by his work rate.

I will be going mental back here after Ibrox if that comes true.

How's he been for you guys? Always felt there was a player in there but he just rarely shows it.

Disappointing for the most part, but he played very well in the second half last week, so I hope that he's coming onto a game. He clearly has plenty of ability, but he looks to me like a player who relies a lot on confidence.

Archived