Halfway Mark - The Title

HibeeJibee

So it's halfway in the season and a week's break for Christmas. Here's the table and the remaining fixtures for the title favourites.

Expectations? Predictions?

http://slfl.co.uk/tables/league/

Edin City Stir Univ Spartans Whitehill

P17 42pts P15 33pts P15 30pts P14 25pts

Sat 2 Jan | Spartans (A) Edin Univ (H) Edin City (H) Preston (A) |

Sat 9 Jan | Threave (H) odd team Vale of L (A) BSC Glas (A) |

Sat 16 Jan | Gala FR (A) BSC Glas (H) odd team East Kilb (H) |

Sat 23 Jan | East Kilb (H) BSC Glas (A) Edin Univ (A) Duns (A) | EOSQC R3 / SCC R2 NE

Sat 30 Jan | odd team Cumb Colt (A) East Kilb (A) Threave (A) |

Sat 6 Feb | Preston (H) Whitehill (A) Cumb Colt (H) Stir Univ (H) |

Sat 13 Feb | Edin Univ (H) Cumb Colt (H) | SCC R3 NE

Sat 20 Feb | Selkirk (A) Gala FR (H) BSC Glas (A) Edin Univ (A) |

Sat 27 Feb | BSC Glas (H) Vale of L (H) Gala FR (A) Selkirk (H) |

Sat 5 Mar | Selkirk (A) | SCC AI R1

Sat 12 Mar | East Kilb (H) Spartans (A) Stir Univ (H) Gala FR* (H) | groundhop / *Sun 13

Sat 19 Mar | |

Sat 26 Mar | |

Sat 2 Apr | | SCC SF

Sat 9 Apr | Stir Univ (H) Edin City (A) Edin Univ (A) Gretna (A) |

Sat 16 Apr | Whitehill (A) Dalbeat'e (H) Gretna (H) Edin City (H) | last day

no dates yet Gretna (A) Preston (A) Gala FR (H) Cumb Colt (H)

Vale of L (A) Threave (A) Dalbeat'e (A) Spartans (H)

Threave (A) Dalbeat'e (A)

Whitehill (A) East Kilb (A)

In case they feel left-out I've put Whitehill in, they have the next highest points-per-game figure at 1.79 (City are 2.4, Stirling 2.2, Spartans 2.0).

We are purely focused on securing survival Hibee having assembled a pub team. ;)

I reckon it's ours to win, you may not be shocked by that haha.

I think we have the strongest squad to see the season out on top, yes I know we are not the only team to be plagued by injuries but all our lads are on the mend now.

Add to that fact the 2 who have yet to feature for us. Beezer & Scott Maxwell, if we can get them match fit just think of what a force we will be.

Get your money on us now before the price starts to drop.

Grimbo

I think we have the strongest squad to see the season out on top, yes I know we are not the only team to be plagued by injuries but all our lads are on the mend now.

Add to that fact the 2 who have yet to feature for us. Beezer & Scott Maxwell, if we can get them match fit just think of what a force we will be.

Grimbo

I wholeheartedly concur that Spartans are the strongest team in the league, City are a bunch of lucky fly by night boring b*****ds and that the league title fairly and squarely belongs in Ainslie Park.

I wholeheartedly concur that Spartans are the strongest team in the league, City are a bunch of lucky fly by night boring b*****ds and that the league title fairly and squarely belongs in Ainslie Park.

The cheque is in the post Mr Bam

Grimbo

Grimbo

Bookies don't normally get it wrong Grim :o

Grimbo

I bet you Lothian Transport take a bigger deposit on the open top bus every year ... :lol:

Grimbo

Spartans have about as much chance of winning the league than Dundee United have of winning the spl

City will retain there trophy said it from the start they have the strongest side in the league and there by far the most organised side City to win it with Stirling Uni a doorstep behind them

Spartans have about as much chance of winning the league than Dundee United have of winning the spl

City will retain there trophy said it from the start they have the strongest side in the league and there by far the most organised side City to win it with Stirling Uni a doorstep behind them

Got to quote this for posterity.

Replay this in May

Grimbo

Grimbo

Got to quote this for posterior-ity :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was looking for a wee bite there Grim lol if Spartans beat City in January then the league is on !!!! And tbh i hope they do as it would make the league more open

Nom nom nom. You got me Davy. Haha good un.

I'm taking Tam T Bam out on a pub crawl after the game next month to cheer him up.

Grimbo

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Unsurprisingly not a lot's changed given the only match played since my OP was Spartans 2-3 Edinburgh City...

Interesting situation in the Highland League if we take a brief look up there btw, where currently Brora have 64pts, Cove have 58pts (2 games in hand) and Formartine 56pts (3 games in hand).

• 1 month later...

Archived