Airdrie vs Peterheid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder where the Bollan critics will be tonight? That was a completely unprofessional end to the game from us - abysmal stuff. Shipping four goals at home to Peterhead is completely unacceptable.

The new manager decides to sit back when we were 3-1 up. Every time we've done this we concede. Terrible tactics and even worse stuff from the players at the end after an OK start. The wee keeper who came on was completely out of his depth and was posted missing for the last two goals and he shipped four goals in total, but with experienced defenders like Lithgow and Crighton Infront of him we should've seen the game out a bit better. Shocking stuff and with Parry out for the next few games I'm dreading getting beat off Rovers now next week.

The ref was a clown, but before any Airdrie fans come on and start blaming him for the result they should look a bit closer to home, the biggest clowns on the park were those that couldn't hold a 2 goal lead for 10 minutes against ten men.

Agreed. Ultimately the legs... and minds just went in the end, however something tells me we may have won the game if they had kept 11 on the park. Would it have been any different under Bollan? More questions than answers at the moment.

If you are going to sign a man with Lithgow's baggage then he better cut the mustard on the park. He is a joke, I've seen milk turn quicker, he is like a blind drunk with the ball at the feet and he hasn't even been commanding the defence or particularly dominant in the air. The sooner he is elsewhere the better.

If you are going to sign a man with Lithgow's baggage then he better cut the mustard on the park. He is a joke, I've seen milk turn quicker, he is like a blind drunk with the ball at the feet and he hasn't even been commanding the defence or particularly dominant in the air. The sooner he is elsewhere the better.

Oh do calm the fcuk down what do you expect from a game where we spent most of the game with ten men and no striker? Team did fine today but th way they were being told play there was only ever going to be one outcome, playing with no clear out ball and playing in a straight line of 8 players will simply never work, prunty should have replaced morgan straight away

Credit to Peterhead for not giving up and continue to press forward for a draw and then a winner after Airdrie went 3 /1 up and back to 10 vs 10.Airdrie did fine to get to 3/1ahead but the loss of 3 goals in the last 12 minutes was not acceptable .Did Airdrie think the game was won well now they know the answer to that question !

Completely unacceptable result. Suicidal defending and sitting far too deep (especially when they went down to 10 men). Goals were nice and a few good moments in attack but overall this result is really poor. Inexcusable to be 3 - 1 up at home in the last 10 minutes and lose.

Was not convinced by Ferguson at all. Cannot wait for Tuesday now.

Completely unacceptable result. Suicidal defending and sitting far too deep (especially when they went down to 10 men). Goals were nice and a few good moments in attack but overall this result is really poor. Inexcusable to be 3 - 1 up at home in the last 10 minutes and lose.

Was not convinced by Ferguson at all. Cannot wait for Tuesday now.

With the exception of the 3rd goal, Rohan done well. His handling seems to be better than Parry's but his kicking from the deck needs to be improved.

With the exception of the 3rd goal, Rohan done well. His handling seems to be better than Parry's but his kicking from the deck needs to be improved.

Apart from one or two he never came out to claim any crosses which is a problem. I agree that his handling was probably better than Parry's. Big game for him on Tuesday.

Possibly big couple of games. All depends on what Parry was sent off for. If it was violent conduct or serious foul play he's looking at a 2 game ban. I would think it would just be denying a clear goalscoring opportunity but you just don't know with that tosser.

I don't know what game you were watching to come up with that. He was well out of his depth the whole game and was also at fault for the fourth goal aswell as the third being caught ball watching. Every time they put in a high ball it looked like they would score - he's far too small to be a goalkeeper. How can you possibly say a keeper who conceded four goals done well!?

Our fans seem to have some obsession with playing the under 20's because they allegedly do well in the development league but the difference in the level of football is worlds apart.

I don't know what game you were watching to come up with that. He was well out of his depth the whole game and was also at fault for the fourth goal aswell as the third being caught ball watching. Every time they put in a high ball it looked like they would score - he's far too small to be a goalkeeper. How can you possibly say a keeper who conceded four goals done well!?

Our fans seem to have some obsession with playing the under 20's because they allegedly do well in the development league but the difference in the level of football is worlds apart.

Not having that, the boy did well all things considered, if we set up to defend 20 yards from goal then they are going to have lots of shots on goal, not v much he could do about the 2nd goal, was a fcukin rocket, the third goal look like handball from where i was sat so cant blame him for that and the static defending didnt help either, cant remember the fourth goal but unfair to say it was his fault, tatics were all wrong imho

Not having that, the boy did well all things considered, if we set up to defend 20 yards from goal then they are going to have lots of shots on goal, not v much he could do about the 2nd goal, was a fcukin rocket, the third goal look like handball from where i was sat so cant blame him for that and the static defending didnt help either, cant remember the fourth goal but unfair to say it was his fault, tatics were all wrong imho

You're saying that a goalkeeper who conceded four goals at home in league one against Peterhead done well!! If you define that as doing well then I question your low standards. I'd love to know what you'd describe as not doing well if that is the case? Is saving a few weak shots from far out that any professional goalkeeper should be expected to make anyway a good performance? I've never seen a less commanding goalkeeper in the diamond and he was posted missing for the last two goals. Not impressed at all.

You're saying that a goalkeeper who conceded four goals at home in league one against Peterhead done well!! If you define that as doing well then I question your low standards. I'd love to know what you'd describe as not doing well if that is the case? Is saving a few weak shots from far out that any professional goalkeeper should be expected to make anyway a good performance? I've never seen a less commanding goalkeeper in the diamond and he was posted missing for the last two goals. Not impressed at all.

So it was entirely his fault? All i'm saying is its not all his fault, the setup in front of him did not help! And dont give me that, I seem to remeber mark Ridgers and that clown we had last season being a lot worse than that

Don't know what to make of that result. On one hand that is the kind of game we wouldn't have come back and won a few weeks ago but on the other hand that is more goals than we have conceded in the last 6 combined. Defence is going to be a joke with Noble suspended as with Gilchrist going back to St Johnstone we will now have 0 recognized defenders available for out next game (assuming Ross is still out). Still we are 3rd in the league going into the new year so that is some turn around, and with Stranraer beating Stenny we have a bit of breathing space, so it maybe isn't all doom and gloom :P

It's very disappointing to lose from what looked like such a good position, but some of the reactions have been laughable. I heard one guy at the game shouting that it was no different to how it was under Bollan, which is simply not true (when did Bollan ever go 4-3-3?).
The new formation seemed to be working pretty well until we had to rejig when Parry was sent off. Even after that, we seemed to be mostly in control - Morgan was playing well, and Cox and Watt both scored excellent goals. Morgan's injury, like Parry's red, was something you can't really plan for.
Cadden was good, Cox put in an excellent shift - we were creating chances, and could have had a couple more goals than we ended up scoring.

It was abysmal to lose three goals late on, no question about it. Ferguson didn't look like he had command of the box (and was lucky on a couple of occasions having been caught badly out of position), and I think the defence were sitting deeper than they normally would in order to protect him. Clearly that conceded space to Peterhead. Hopefully we can get another keeper in on an emergency loan by Tuesday, because I don't fancy Ferguson's chances against Jason Scotland otherwise.

It was very disappointing at the end, but let's not be too quick to spit the dummy. A new manager with an inherited squad (which most of us would agree was deficient in a number of respects) takes charge for the first time and only gets to use his preferred formation for twenty minutes... and even then most of us were pretty pleased until very near the end.

Scunner, total scunner, but let's not go overboard like a bunch of Old Firm fans after one game.

PS - how their centre back wasn't sent off for that foul on Morgan I'll never know. The ref was a clown. He wasn't the reason we got beat, but he was utterly hopeless.

Archived