Airdrie vs Peterheid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange view of events blue toon. The first foul, which was given against Morgan, the referee gestured it was for making a bridge and not jumping for the ball. Hard to see how you can come to the conclusion from that TM somehow clattered "Ali G". The second was pretty cynical and you could see it coming a mile away. Defender took a run and jumped straight into the back off TM, leading with his knee. He knew what he was doing and was lucky not to have walked.

. The second was pretty cynical and you could see it coming a mile away. Defender took a run and jumped straight into the back off TM, leading with his knee. He knew what he was doing and was lucky not to have walked.

Ill take the view that morgan absolutely shat it then and should have jumped

Ill take the view that morgan absolutely shat it then and should have jumped

Why should he have jumped? He was turning to run onto the through ball which he would have got to therefore he was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Having now watched the "highlights" I would say that Rohan cost us the game in as much as he shat it for the 3rd and was caught out of position and did not challenge for the cross-ball that led to the winner.

Why should he have jumped? He was turning to run onto the through ball which he would have got to therefore he was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Your getting your wires crossed we werent on about that challenge for strachans booking

I think a yellow for both incidents would have sufficed. Peterhead player got his shot away then got clattered, so parry didn't deny the goal scoring opportunity. If parry had read the game and been off his line much quicker, we wouldn't be talking about it!

Not sure if I would have sent off the Airdrie keeper even after a couple of views. Didn't think Strachans was a red though. Embarrassing how bad our defending is though, huge amount of space in front of the back four and considering we usually play one midfielder slightly deeper it isn't good enough.

Just watched highlights.

Unusual to see a keeper red carded for being second to the ball. Penalty, yes. Red Card absolutely no way.

Peterhead player should have been red carded for pull on Morgan. 99 times out of a 100 it's a red card. Clearly denies a goal scoring opportunity.

Also, the player sent off later on should have been a straight red and not a second yellow. Again clearly denies a goal scoring opportunity.

Not sure what ref was thinking on both those occasions. The rules are pretty clear and he didn't follow them on either occasion

Also, the player sent off later on should have been a straight red and not a second yellow. Again clearly denies a goal scoring opportunity.

It wasn't a 2nd yellow, the Ref just fucked up like he did the full game and pulled out the wrong card, it was a straight red.

As for not sending of the defender for denying a clear goal scoring, Morgan was getting the ball ahead of the keeper for a 1 on 1 before he's pulled back, should have been an easy decision for a competent Ref.

On Parry's straight red, he didn't prevent a goal scoring chance as the player got his header away.

Neither was it serious foul play, 50/50 ball that Parry was entitled to challenge for, he didn't lead with his feet or try to punch the player so never serious foul play therefore under the rules never a straight red.

For the Morgan incident my attitude is that the defender clearly thought it was an obvious goalscoring opportunity, otherwise why did he deliberately pull him back? That in itself should tell you it's a red card. If it's an accidental foul that leads to a player being brought down in that position then obviously that logic doesn't apply, but when he is deliberately hauled back it us for one reason - that the defender thought there was a high chance he was going to score, which surely equals an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

For the Parry one I'm still unsure whether that's a red. In simple terms he comes flying out and pretty much punches the guy in the head, so you can clearly say it's dangerous play and I've no major issue with a red being given. On the other hand, I feel there should be some allowance made for the fact that 'keepers are obviously going to being using their hands at head height and even a well timed punch carries an element of dangerous play with it. Even if he had got there a fraction earlier and punched the ball he would still have followed through and clattered the guy, in which case is that still dangerous play? Or not because he got the ball first? Ultimately Parry's error of misjudgement is far greater than any perceived mistake by the referee, so any blame should be at Parry first and foremost.

Archived