How much has xmas cost you

DDcups

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been buying since about May or June this year. I reckon we've spent maybe £600ish on each of the two kids.

Who gives a f**k about anyone else?*

*the rest of my family and my wife's family, probably. We've tried to limit it to a tenner a person, other than the kids in the family, and her old dear, so probably another couple of hundred quid there, all told.

I'm probably around the £1800-2k mark on my 5 kids and Mrs, a couple a vouchers for nephews and drink for both sets of parents and I've no even done a food n drink shopping yet, can't wait til it's f**king over tbh. A decent win on over the festive fitba and nags is a must or it's a long old trek until the next wage

I've spent 350 on my daughter, my missus has spent about 250 on her and my ex (daughter's mum) has spent about 600 on her which is an absolute disgrace when you see it all written down.

£85 on my nephews

£120 on a present for my missus but we are going out for an over night, dinner, drinks etc next week which is our real present to each other and will be a good few hundred.

£60 on my mates weans

£40 on my dad

£40 on my aunt

£50 on a carry out last night for Christmas day.

So £750ish just now but likely to be over a grand in total not that bad to be fair.

About £150 on presents. Biggest expenditure has been on food though. We've gone a little overboard sorting out the Christmas meal. Considering I'm only cooking for four, and two don't drink (pregnant wife and religious mother in law) I'm at a loss as to how much I've spent.

My wife and I have a £50 upper limit on presents for each other for Christmas or Birthdays. Helps keep costs reasonable.

Dread to think how much we've spent this year! Our son's birthday is on the 27th. With it being so close to Christmas he's always missed out a bit on his birthday so we've pushed the boat out this year.

Reckon we've spent about £800 on him alone (Iphone 6s for Christmas and Xbox1 for birthday)

I dread to think. It's not in the same ball park as some of you lunatics though. Between us the wife and I have probably spent £100 - £150 on our son* (who's five) and a further £50 on our daughter (5 months - so completely oblivious to the whole thing obviously). Nine nieces and nephews at £20 - £30 each and then siblings, in-laws and parents at about £20 each. Probably £50 - £100 each on each other.

Far too much if you ask me but I appreciate I'm perhaps a bit old fashioned. When I was growing up I reckon we probably got one big toy from Santa and then a load of little things. Now the expectation seems to be half a dozen big gifts plus all the rest. It all just seems a bit unseemly to me. I have to bite my tongue when I see the amount the in-laws spend on the wee ones - like £100+ each. There's no way the kids value or appreciate each present when there's just so many flying around.

* In truth it's probably much more than that once the wife reveals all the things that she's got him that I haven't been told about.

Looks like I've got off very lightly going by this thread. Always thought Christmas was a time for kids but at the moment I'm really glad I don't have any.

This thread further supports my reason for not having the little fucks.

Archived