The Coaching Carousel

lichtie23

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Coughlin likely to resign on Monday.

Saw the New York Daily News saying they should go after Sean Payton or Nick Saban. How is Payton still an attractive option as a head coach?

Saw the New York Daily News saying they should go after Sean Payton or Nick Saban. How is Payton still an attractive option as a head coach?

I'd be happy with Payton at the Titans.

If it was him or Chip I'd pick Payton all day.

Probably because he has a ring. Not that it should, but it definitely adds weight to his abilities.

Petting and Farmer gone in Cleveland soon. Reports of Manziel partying in Vegas after failing concussion protocol this week too. Should clean house and start again (again). Although I do like Pettine as a HC.

Seems to be a bit of confusion, Manziel was spotted having dinner in Vegas then playing blackjack with his bird. Not a huge deal, considering he's not playing today.

He then tweeted a picture of him with his dog and tagged the location as Avon, Ohio. Something not right but, again, not exactly crime of the century.

Farmer and Pettine facing the chop after today's game. Something needs to happen but I'm not sure the problem is Pettine.

Something needs to happen but I'm not sure the problem is Pettine.

It's always difficult for a GM to come in and be told he's working with a certain coach though. Plus there's the tension between Pettine and Manziel that could make things difficult if the owner/GM wants to stick with him.

I can see Pettine being a successful coach elsewhere.

It's always difficult for a GM to come in and be told he's working with a certain coach though. Plus there's the tension between Pettine and Manziel that could make things difficult if the owner/GM wants to stick with him.

I can see Pettine being a successful coach elsewhere.

It's not like the Browns have a history of this...

Farmer relieved of duty before the game tonight but still sat in the executive box, apparently.

Pettine has a meeting at midnight, our time, to be told he's getting the heave formally.

Clearout in Cleveland.

So the teams currently looking for new Head Coaches are the Browns, Eagles and 49ers.

The Colts and Giants will meet today to discuss Pagano and Coughlins futures.

I can't see the Titans or Dolphins keeping their interim head coaches.

I could also see Caldwell punted by the Lions and Payton punted by the Saints. Possibly McCoy out in San Diego

49ers fire Tomsula.

A few lads on here will be very happy

Whoever could you be referring to.

Now that the clueless one is gone hopefully York and Balke will make a quick appointment so we can get the rebuilding process moving again. Would like Payton or David Shaw from Stanford but suspect we might not be the only ones chasing Payton and Shaw looks happy where he is.

Edit: Should say I have no faith in the front office to act quickly and fear they may take cheap option and promote from within again.

Archived