The Coaching Carousel

lichtie23

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really surprised the Glazers binned Lovie, thought they would of gave him one more draft but now im more worried were going for Chip Kelly!

Saw some rumours that they got rid of Lovie to promote Koetter before he leaves for another HC gig. Keeping Koetter is a must for them IMO.

As for Chip, I don't want him to go to Tennessee. I want Mariota to prove he is a capable NFL QB without everyone referring back to Nick Foles' great year under Kelly. I also think he is more than a gadget QB and Kelly will have him more in the mould of Colin Kaepernick than Russell Wilson (both "running QB's" with completely different play styles).

Why is Spags still coaching in the NFL let alone being interviewed for a Head Coaching job? 32nd ranked defense in his last two D Coordinator jobs and won 10 of 48 as a HC, including seasons with 1 and 2 wins. Probably just lip service to him and McAdoo but it's a ridiculous notion.

Wonder how many other interviews/job offers he had. Seems like a very quick hire for not a great situation (talent wise and front office chaos).

Mike Silver is close to him and said Jackson took the offer because the Browns were clear they wanted him. No guarantees elsewhere.

Giants and Buccaneers promote their respective offensive coordinators Ben McAdoo and Dirk Koetter to head coach in quick succession there.

Sounds like Hue Jackson was the most sought after candidate, and once he announced he was going to Cleveland the other dominoes fell into place.

The 9ers have been linked with Tom Coughlin and Chip Kelly but it sounds like Shanahan is the favourite.

Eagles reportedly very interested in Coughlin, although they'd also like to speak with Sean McDermott once the Panthers season ends

Not much buzz from the Titans. Sounds like the front office are mostly focussing on the GM search for now, and then they'll let the GM be hire his own coach

Archived