These Pretend Cigarettes

So what are they all about? Strangely, nobody I'm close to actually smokes so I'm an outsider to this whole trend. Is it a stepping stone to giving up or is it a new phenomenon in its own right? Do any P&Bers actually use them and are they like real cigs? Do you get different flavours and strengths?

So many unanswered questions.

We don't allow them in the boozer as, as you say, they absolutely stink. We had an older guy in a few months back who took great offence at being asked by myself to take it outside and requested the manager's name, phone number and email address to make a complaint. Emailed the next day to say that he and his friends were "making it their prerogative" to slander any business in Edinburgh that didn't allow them on Facebook and Trip Advisor. On that basis, I see the folk that smoke them as fucking losers.

So what are they all about? Strangely, nobody I'm close to actually smokes so I'm an outsider to this whole trend. Is it a stepping stone to giving up or is it a new phenomenon in its own right? Do any P&Bers actually use them and are they like real cigs? Do you get different flavours and strengths?

So many unanswered questions.

If you're talking about the vapes (which unless I'm whooshing myself) then I use one, and it's been a great help in stopping smoking.

Must've saved about £600 (disgusting) since September.

Plus it's good socially as well, as I was the only one in my group of mates to smoke, I was forever nipping out and having a smoke whereas now I don't have to do that, can just sit where I am and puff away as it doesn't leave a lingering horrible smell like cigarettes do.

I use it far more than I did when I actually smoked due to the fact it can be used pretty much anywhere but I don't use it in places where people might not like it, ie pubs etc.

The 'sell' is a stepping stone. The reality is that it's a new category mostly. Lots of flavours and different devices to use for vaping and it's used by lots of folk who hadn't been habitual smokers.

Down here it's like the poor man's shisha.

We don't allow them in the boozer as, as you say, they absolutely stink. We had an older guy in a few months back who took great offence at being asked by myself to take it outside and requested the manager's name, phone number and email address to make a complaint. Emailed the next day to say that he and his friends were "making it their prerogative" to slander any business in Edinburgh that didn't allow them on Facebook and Trip Advisor. On that basis, I see the folk that smoke them as fucking losers.

How pathetic is that?

Did he carry out his threat?

It's an odd phenomenon, but contrary to what normally happens with technology, vaping equipment seems to be getting ever more elaborate and less pocket sized - some of the larger ones look like Miles Davis could have got a tune out of them..

There's a couple of guys in my work that carry about vapers that look like giant robot cocks that they must fellate on an hourly basis..

It's an odd phenomenon, but contrary to what normally happens with technology, vaping equipment seems to be getting ever more elaborate and less pocket sized - some of the larger ones look like Miles Davis could have got a tune out of them..

:lol: agreed!

My sons flatmate has a vaping shop with the rest of his family and they make a really good living out of it.

Money laundering?

A boy at my work smokes some Carmel flavour thing, absolutely honking!

If you're talking about the vapes (which unless I'm whooshing myself) then I use one, and it's been a great help in stopping smoking.

Must've saved about £600 (disgusting) since September.

Plus it's good socially as well, as I was the only one in my group of mates to smoke, I was forever nipping out and having a smoke whereas now I don't have to do that, can just sit where I am and puff away as it doesn't leave a lingering horrible smell like cigarettes do.

I use it far more than I did when I actually smoked due to the fact it can be used pretty much anywhere but I don't use it in places where people might not like it, ie pubs etc.

It was vapes I was talking about but didn't know that's what they were called. I've started to see adverts for them and it seems to me that some big money is behind them which in turn suggests that it's not a stopgap between smoking cigs and being tobacco-free but a new form of smoking in its own right. So, are you saying that the smoking ban in public places doesn't cover vapes?

Vaping isnt covered by the smoking ban as that involves tobacco or a "lit substance". Couple of years ago all pubs seemed to allow it but now its pretty much treated the same as smoking by a lot of pubs.

I took it up to finally kick the smoking whilst drinking habit that I just couldnt get rid of after giving up the fags during the week. Although I use it at other times other than when drinking it doesnt feel anywhere as bad for you and doesnt cost as much.

There's a boy in my work who only smokes 'coffee caramel' and it fucking stinks. I'd rather get cancer from second hand smoke than sit near him with one of them.

Didn't they rule against the flavoured ones because they are 'dodgy' , ie 90+% have cancer causing stuff in the flavours ?

Normal nicotine was safe :)

Archived