January Transfers.

Dunfermline, Albion Rovers and Airdrie have all considered a move for Mark McGuigan .Stranraers cup tie with Celtic holding things up.

I was quite impressed with him when we played at Stair Park a few weeks ago. Highly doubt we'll pay a transfer fee for him though so he'll probably have to be released to sign for us.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was quite impressed with him when we played at Stair Park a few weeks ago. Highly doubt we'll pay a transfer fee for him though so he'll probably have to be released to sign for us.

I've heard from a decent source that some money will be made available if the right player becomes available.

I've heard from a decent source that some money will be made available if the right player becomes available.

I'd like to think Wotherspoon will invest in the first team but is McGuigan really the sort of player we should be paying a transfer for?

Dunfermline, Albion Rovers and Airdrie have all considered a move for Mark McGuigan .Stranraers cup tie with Celtic holding things up.

I'd take McGuigan at Ayr - we don't really have an orthodox right-midfielder and he's impressed me when I've seen him.

Nobody is going to pay a fee for him so imagine Stranraer would be happy to release him to free up wages if he wants away.

I read that Simon Murray is being binned by Dundee United. If true, he'd do a job for someone in League 1 for the rest of the season.

Saw him a couple of times when he played for Arbroath. Looked absolute cack.

Stranraer

In - Willie Gibson returns after leaving Dumbarton by mutual consent. Good addition if he kind the same form he produced last season.

Liam Dick - Loan extended until the end of the season. Not seen enough of him him to judge yet but, looks steady enough. Hopefully helps settle the back four.

Luciano Nequecaur - Contract extended by 28 days. Wouldn't of been too bothered if he's moved on. Apparently one of the higher earners so would of been good to free up cash for someone else to come in.

Out - Liam Rowan has contract terminated. Never kicked a ball for the first team. May have played an under 20s game but been injured a good bit of the time.

is longworth moving on?

is longworth moving on?

Would like to think not. From the outside he seems to enjoy it here, probably down to us having a relatively good team each season he's been with us.

He's a school teacher so couldn't imagine him wanting full time. Maybe travel would draw him away but, only has to travel down to Stair Park once a fortnight.

Would understand him moving to a Dumbarton or Alloa to test himself at a higher lever but not really anyone else in this league.

I'm sure Malcolm will have Jammer well warned about Ayr.

Would like to think not. From the outside he seems to enjoy it here, probably down to us having a relatively good team each season he's been with us.

He's a school teacher so couldn't imagine him wanting full time. Maybe travel would draw him away but, only has to travel down to Stair Park once a fortnight.

Would understand him moving to a Dumbarton or Alloa to test himself at a higher lever but not really anyone else in this league.

It's not exactly the same Ayr....

As bad as Roberts was, it wasn't his fault that Malcolm didn't seem to understand the offside rule. Or that his finishing and first touch were abysmal.

we want him back!

Just noticing that he isn't playing as often as he would like this season.

He can stick the ball in the net, so we'll take him. We have given you Willie back so it's really only fair we get something in return, and we are desperately short in terms of strikers.

Archived