Out of contract...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fisher going out of contract gives me the fear.

Thankfully he apparently earns more than any of our current squad, so can't see him joining

If rumours of Paul Quinn and Don Cowie signing are true, European football could be up for grabs next season right enough.

:lol: Steady on. I'll believe it when it happens & not a second before.

:lol: Steady on. I'll believe it when it happens & not a second before.

I know what you're saying regarding signings but it's not exactly unbelievable signing them both.

And the impact they could have could easily be enough to go on a run, we're damn near there as it is, it would just look so good having Cowie lifting the League Cup :)

• 1 month later...

Dundee: Gary Irvine (RD), Thomas Konrad (CD), Paul McGinn (RD), Kostadin Gadzhalov (CD), Cammy Kerr (RD), Kevin Thomson (CM), Paul McGowan (CM), Gary Harkins (CM)

Update to our out of contract list. Irvine and Thomson have since both left the club. Gary Harkins extended his deal for another year this morning. Contract talks with Paul McGinn have apparently stalled, but Hartley was in the paper saying he wants the majority signed up for next year, even going as far to name drop Paul McGowan who I think will definitely be another signed up.

The only one I definitely see leaving from that list is Kosta Gadzhalov, and Thomas Konrad is potentially another, but I hope and think Hartley will keep him on, at least as back-up.

St Johnstone: Gareth Rodger (CD), Steven Anderson (CD), Simon Lappin (LM), Liam Craig (LM), Scott Brown (CM), Liam Caddis (RM), Craig Thomson (RM), Michael Doyle (RB), Steven MacLean (ST)

Our updated list. Rodger and Caddis left on deadline day for Forfar and Alloa respectively. Maclean has extended his deal and we've signed Michael Doyle as emergency cover until the end of the season.

Anderson will stay and I think Thomson will too. I think one of Craig and Lappin will stay, with the other leaving, and Michael Doyle will more than likely go. Scott Brown hasn't featured at all since returning from Dumbarton, so I don't think the signs are looking too great for him just now.

• 1 month later...
Ludo *1, on 19 Feb 2016 - 10:46, said:

Dundee: Gary Irvine (RD), Thomas Konrad (CD), Paul McGinn (RD), Kostadin Gadzhalov (CD), Cammy Kerr (RD), Kevin Thomson (CM), Paul McGowan (CM), Gary Harkins (CM)

Update to our out of contract list. Irvine and Thomson have since both left the club. Gary Harkins extended his deal for another year this morning. Contract talks with Paul McGinn have apparently stalled, but Hartley was in the paper saying he wants the majority signed up for next year, even going as far to name drop Paul McGowan who I think will definitely be another signed up.

The only one I definitely see leaving from that list is Kosta Gadzhalov, and Thomas Konrad is potentially another, but I hope and think Hartley will keep him on, at least as back-up.

Dundee: Gary Irvine (RD), Thomas Konrad (CD), Paul McGinn (RD), Kostadin Gadzhalov (CD), Cammy Kerr (RD), Kevin Thomson (CM), Paul McGowan (CM), Gary Harkins (CM), Darren O'Dea (CD).

So we only have 4 players left that are OOC in the summer, 5 if you include Arturo who's struggling to get a game even when we're playing our second string (See game against Celtic for an example of this). Cammy Kerr is pretty much a banker to sign on and I'd be mega shocked if he wasn't. Paul McGinn is becoming less and less likely to stay which is a shame as he's been really coming on over the course of this season. Interest in Paul is high with Celtic, Blackburn and Wigan all apparently interested, and if his brother Stephen is anything to go by, he'll be off to whoever is the highest bidder.

That leaves Konrad and Gadzhalov. Wouldn't mind either staying. Gadzhalov has finally started to win me over after me thinking he's been a waste of a wage for the best part of a year. Konrad has his critics, but I'm a big fan of him. He stated in the Courier about a month ago that contract talks had started. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hartley showing his ruthless side once again.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise for bumping the thread again as if I may well be the only one interested!

However, with news that Cammy Kerr has signed a new two year deal and that we've offered McGinn (And Konrad) new deals - our business for the summer is almost complete. We're still in the dark regarding McGinn, Konrad and Gadz as to whether McGinn will move on and if Konrad and Gadzhalov will be kept on.

Hartley has said he wants to bring in 'one or two more' and that'll be that. That'll no doubt be thrown aside if anyone comes in for Stewart/Hemmings/Bain - but with us after Mallan (60k bid the apparent figure - rejected according to Alex Rae) and us looking at Shaun Byrne of Dunfermline, it implies we are looking to bring in yet another CM. The other player? Who knows? Only really Abdul Osman and Blair Alston have been linked, but even then, that's went quiet over the past few month whilst other clubs have been more heavily linked.

Since Kyle last posted our list we've extended Thomsons contract. There was talk that Liam Craig had activated an automatic extension in his contract due to appearances but nothing officials come out of that. Pretty sure we had a clause like that in the Vine and Tade contracts and they never extended their deals, so it likely means nothing. Virtually no chance we'll release Steven Anderson either, although its been a month or two since he said he was in talks.

I get this as the out of contracts list, don't think STV updates theirs and no idea if anyone does tbh

Aberdeen (7) - Scott Brown (GK), Aaron Lennox (GK), Michael Rose (CD), Lukas Culjak (CD), Shay Logan (RD), Barry Robson (CM), David Goodwillie (ST)

Celtic (3) - Charlie Mulgrew (CD), James Forrest (RM), Derk Boerrigter (LM)

Dundee (3) - Thomas Konrad (CD), Kostadin Gadzhalov (CD), Paul McGinn (RD)

Dundee United (9) - Eiji Kawashima (GK), Gavin Gunning (CD), Callum Morris (CD), Euan Spark (LD), Guy Demel (CM), John Rankin (CM), Ryan Dow (RM), Edward Ofere (ST), Florent Sinama-Pongolle (ST)

Hamilton (9) - Michael McGovern (GK), Jesus Tena (CD), Lucas Tagliapietra (CD), Ziggy Gordon (RD), Danny Redmond (LM), Kemy Augustin (RM), Eamonn Brophy (ST), Alex D'Acol (ST), Louis Longridge (ST) 

Hearts (3) - Neil Alexander (GK), Blazej Augustyn (CD), Miguel Pallardo (CM)

Inverness (12) - Dean Brill (GK), Owain Fon Williams (GK), David Raven (RD), Lewis Horner (RD), Danny Devine (CD), Iain Vigurs (LM), Jordan Roberts (LM), Nat Wedderburn (CM), Liam Polworth (CM), Aaron Doran (RM), Andrea Mutombo (RM), Alex Fisher (ST)

Kilmarnock (11) - Connor Brennan (GK), Miles Addison (CD), Lee Ashcroft (CD), David Syme (CD), Ross Barbour (RD), Darryl Westlake (LD), Julian Faubert (CM), Alex Henshall (LM), Chris Johnston (LM), Craig Slater (CM), Rory McKenzie (RM)

Motherwell (10) - Craig Samson (GK), Ben Hall (CD), Stephen McManus (CD), Steven Hammell (LD), Keith Lasley (CM), Jack Leitch (CM), Wes Fletcher (ST), Scott McDonald (ST), James McFadden (ST), David Clarkson (ST)

Partick Thistle (11) - Paul Gallagher (GK), Ryan Scully (GK), Frederic Frans (CD), Dan Seaborne (CD), Gary Miller (RD), Stuart Bannigan (CM), Abdul Osman (CM), Steven Lawless (LM), David Amoo (RM), Antonio German (ST), Mathias Pogba (ST)

Ross County (3) - Chris Konopka (GK), Jamie Reckord (LD), Alex Schalk (ST)

St Johnstone (6) - Steven Anderson (CD), Plamen Krachunov (CD), Michael Doyle (RD), Simon Lappin (LM), Liam Craig (LM), Scott Brown (CM)

Other seasons I've looked down the list and seen 10+ players who I'd like the Dons to sign. This year there's very few.

I reckon there's three reasons for this: we've got better, the other teams have got a little worse, and most importantly, teams (us included) have got better at tying players down in longer contracts. The prospect of England no longer looks as glamorous, when you see players not do so well when going down south. Means players are more likely to stay here for longer.

Archived