Alloa v Morton - 16/01/16

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We created plenty of chances last night, and good desire to get back into the game. Definitely deserved a point on the basis of the second half showing. We are still leaving ourselves open at times but have certainly improved as a unit under Jack Ross.

At the corner for the equaliser I said to my mate that we were due a defender to nick one from a set piece, so was pleased to see Dougie Hill head home. Back 4 took a while to settle into the game and looked like we might get murdered early on, but for Gallacher pulling off a couple of fine saves. Really needed the 3 points but there were positives there and we competed well.

I'll take the draw after being 2-0 down so early, was dreading the pumping we would be on the receiving end of after such a slow start but I feel we fought back well and created plenty of chances. I was impressed by Finnies debut last night and thought he made some good attacking runs throughout the match and I also felt Mitch Megginson had a good match again. MOTM for me would've been Michael Duffy though.

Last night also helped show that there are a lot of bellends in the support still. Isaac Layne was getting pelters from a guy after about 5 minutes for not making the attacking run the guy expected him too then another guy was shouting for Jack Ross to be sacked after going 2-0 down.

Hashtagging anywhere that's not Twitter needs to be added to that beast behaviour thread btw.

Agreed. In my defence, I was doing a pastiche.

Really looking forward to this. We'll be extending our lead against the unwashed :) #backtobackrelegations

12, soon to be 15...

#backtobackrelegations

#backtobackrelegations

#backtobackrelegations

Not sure which is worse: his patter, his team or his predictions. Oh, and this took all of two minutes with a Google search. There are probably more.

Last night also helped show that there are a lot of bellends in the support still. Isaac Layne was getting pelters from a guy after about 5 minutes for not making the attacking run the guy expected him too then another guy was shouting for Jack Ross to be sacked after going 2-0 down.

Seriously? :lol:

There's a boy down near the turnstiles who spends most games telling the manager to get tae, no matter how we're doing. All the more bizarre considering I doubt any of them have ever actually heard him from there.

Seriously? :lol:

There's a boy down near the turnstiles who spends most games telling the manager to get tae, no matter how we're doing. All the more bizarre considering I doubt any of them have ever actually heard him from there.

Aye some guy behind the goals felt it necessary to shout after going two nil down and let us all know that "we need a new manager" as if the one we have already is not a new manager :lol:

[quote name="Wilkinson1998" post="10180167" timestamp="1455111434"

Last night also helped show that there are a lot of bellends in the support still. Isaac Layne was getting pelters from a guy after about 5 minutes for not making the attacking run the guy expected him too then another guy was shouting for Jack Ross to be sacked after going 2-0 down. Agree, Isaac has taken a lot of unfair abuse at Alloa to be fair to him. He's come back and is starting to show some quality but there will always be some of the crowd against him for some reason.

Would've given MOM to Gallacher, some massive saves to keep it at 2-1. However Duffy did have a good game.

Agree, Isaac has taken a lot of unfair abuse at Alloa to be fair to him. He's come back and is starting to show some quality but there will always be some of the crowd against him for some reason.

Would've given MOM to Gallacher, some massive saves to keep it at 2-1. However Duffy did have a good game.

Gallacher did have some great saves granted but I think on a few occasions he looked quite nervous aswell (probably understandably as he has the task of stopping us conceding as much as before and try keep us up), Duffy was looking to get on the ball a lot and pretty much always gained us some yards going forward when he got the ball aswell.

Lucky to escape with a point after being outplayed for the entire second half, and much of the first. The only positives we have are the performances of McCluskey and Russell, and McManus getting his first goal since returning.

Much is said about Duffy's failure to make subs soon enough but that was beyond ridiculous last night. I can understand persisting until half-time to try and sort things out then but after ten minutes of the second half it was clear that an equaliser was inevitable. Waiting until five minutes after it finally came to make a sub is shockingly bad management.

Seven games without a win, four of them defeats, with Falkirk, Hibs & Raith coming up. If we don't beat Dumbarton on Saturday we are in a relegation battle.

You're nine points clear of 9th with a game in hand over Livi. Calm down. You're in shite form but in no danger at all of going down.

It would take an almighty collapse on our part and to be clear I don't think it will happen, but it's not impossible. We're already seven without a win and if we do fail to beat Dumbarton on Saturday then we're going into three games we're expected to lose to extend the winless run to eleven. Our next game after that is Livingston away, where we could finish them off with a win, but if we lose there we're in danger.

It's the absolute worst-case scenario and I doubt it'll actually come to that - even if we do extend our winless run into double figures either Livingston or Alloa need a major turnaround in form to catch us - but it's not wildly unrealistic to suggest we won't win again until March.

Nothing. The police were so embarrassed for him that they deleted the facial recognition footage.

Entirely fair. Hopefully his maw checks his pockets before the next game.

Archived