Twin Squads for March Friendlies

Gordopolis

Not sure if over 11 years old. Go and look at the 3 squads then come back and apologise. Scotland have the 2nd best squad in that group, so should finish 2nd.

Ah, you're a moron I see.

Carry on.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are the teams we need to finish above, it's a great group.

Problems is more the team below us. 5-2-1 recorded against Lithiania and only beating them by more than one goal twice would indicate every chance of dropping points to the 5th seed. It's the same old story all over again.

You're a self loather who thinks everything Scottish is shit. Carry on. Bet you couldn't even name 3 players in each squad but confidently announce they'remmuch better than Scotland. Idiot.yo

And you're heaping ridiculous levels of hype onto a team that in all likelihood won't meet your expectations.  Then you'll be on here raging about how they've failed and should all be hung, drawn, quartered and then fed to the Scotland greats of old.

We are amongst the second tier of sides in that group, and that's about the best you can say.  To say we're the clear 2nd best in that group is complete fantasy.

And seeing as you're wanting to play that game, if FIFA suddenly changed their rules and we found out that Martin Skrtel had a Scottish Granny, Strachan would sacrifice himself to whatever God he prays to to get him in the side.  I imagine he'd do similar for Marek Hamsik.  But does it really matter how many stand-out players either side has?  How many stand-out players did the Georgian side have when they beat us either time?  The Eastern European sides are now consistently better than us from a technical perspective, and until we realise that - like both Irelands and to a lesser extent Wales - we need to play as something greater than the sum of our parts to make up for our lack of quality, then those squads will probably always be better fancied than us.

Problems is more the team below us. 5-2-1 recorded against Lithiania and only beating them by more than one goal twice would indicate every chance of dropping points to the 5th seed. It's the same old story all over again.
incompetent managers account for that though, we're obviously much better than Lithuania

And you're heaping ridiculous levels of hype onto a team that in all likelihood won't meet your expectations.  Then you'll be on here raging about how they've failed and should all be hung, drawn, quartered and then fed to the Scotland greats of old.

We are amongst the second tier of sides in that group, and that's about the best you can say.  To say we're the clear 2nd best in that group is complete fantasy.

And seeing as you're wanting to play that game, if FIFA suddenly changed their rules and we found out that Martin Skrtel had a Scottish Granny, Strachan would sacrifice himself to whatever God he prays to to get him in the side.  I imagine he'd do similar for Marek Hamsik.  But does it really matter how many stand-out players either side has?  How many stand-out players did the Georgian side have when they beat us either time?  The Eastern European sides are now consistently better than us from a technical perspective, and until we realise that - like both Irelands and to a lesser extent Wales - we need to play as something greater than the sum of our parts to make up for our lack of quality, then those squads will probably always be better fancied than us.

It's hardly ridiculous levels of hype to suggest we're better than Slovakia and Slovenia. Give up hating yourself for one day you might enjoy it. The rest is not worthy of reply

If my friends Alan Hutton and Gordon Greer are in the squads then we have no chance..........I almost vomited reading the article in the press today about Hutton being gifted his 50th Cap..........He says he would give it all up for one shot playing in a Tournament, luckily for us that is not something that is likely to be happening any time soon that's for sure as evidenced by the fact that in the same article it has listed that he, like some others, have featured in FIVE failed campaigns yet he STILL is the automatic first choice at RB, that tells you all you need to know about the state of our game.......Also, he is allegedly the ONLY senior Aston Villa player to receive an International Call Up this week, this, probably one of the WORST ever, if not the worst, sides in the EPL that I actually think the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts would beat quite easily but hey, never mind, he can sleep at night knowing no matter what Strachan will always love him and play him in every game come rain or shine....If he is not captain on Thursday night I will be astounded, then again Ill also be astounded if we win either of the games.

We are a better side than Slovakia and Slovenia, we should finish 2nd as we have better players than they do. Anything below that is underachieving. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Both sides are similar to us in that they have a decent chunk of their players playing domestically in their respective home leagues or similar level.  A quick look at the Slovakia squad though and I get 6 players playing in one of Europe's top leagues (assuming top leagues is Italy, Germany, Spain and England), one of which is Hamsik who admittedly I have only seen play a couple of times but he was very impressive . With Slovenia, I get 10 in the current squad playing in one of the top 4 leagues and a couple outwith that who I suppose missed out through injury. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd far rather a squad like theirs of players playing across the continent than our 8 or 9 of our beige playing in the bottom half of the EPL, some not regularly starting, and a decent whack looking like they'll be relegated.

Both sides are similar to us in that they have a decent chunk of their players playing domestically in their respective home leagues or similar level.  A quick look at the Slovakia squad though and I get 6 players playing in one of Europe's top leagues (assuming top leagues is Italy, Germany, Spain and England), one of which is Hamsik who admittedly I have only seen play a couple of times but he was very impressive . With Slovenia, I get 10 in the current squad playing in one of the top 4 leagues and a couple outwith that who I suppose missed out through injury. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd far rather a squad like theirs of players playing across the continent than our 8 or 9 of our beige playing in the bottom half of the EPL, some not regularly starting, and a decent whack looking like they'll be relegated.

their leagues are shite that'sno measure of anything. SScotland could ifwe wanted to pick an entire squad all ffrom theppremiership, people whom suggestwe ddon'thave hit tons of decent players these days are morons.. or near enough aanyway. Hamsik mid great but old and hats just one player.

It's hardly ridiculous levels of hype to suggest we're better than Slovakia and Slovenia. Give up hating yourself for one day you might enjoy it. The rest is not worthy of reply

What, because it's correct?  You're either trolling badly or you're a tremendous moron.  Or could be a mix of the two.

their leagues are shite that'sno measure of anything. SScotland could ifwe wanted to pick an entire squad all ffrom theppremiership, people whom suggestwe ddon'thave hit tons of decent players these days are morons.. or near enough aanyway. Hamsik mid great but old and hats just one player.

:lol: 

Aye, definitely one of those two.

We are a better side than Slovakia and Slovenia, we should finish 2nd as we have better players than they do. Anything below that is underachieving. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

WOW Scotland do not have better players as we will find out ruthlessly when we fail to win any game against England , Slovakia and Slovenia. We will also lose away at lithunia, this being if WGS sticks with the same squad as last campaign as we all know there not good enough

"Their leagues are shite", I don't know if you've noticed, but we're hardly setting the heather alight in comparison. Our own domestic league is only slightly above theirs in the coefficient, and I believe (could be wrong) that we'll be falling as our number of European spaces is being reduced? Someone else can confirm this as being true or utter nonsense.

Hamsik is only 28. And you're right it's only one player, but Lewandowski was only one player and he tore our defense apart. 

I think we've got a fairly decent squad but not anywhere near good enough for us to be considered favourites for 2nd.

0 from England, 1 from Slovakia, 4 from Slovenia and Lithuania and 6 from Malta gives us 15 points. It's nowhere near enough, even if we do take 6 from Lithiania.

"Their leagues are shite", I don't know if you've noticed, but we're hardly setting the heather alight in comparison. Our own domestic league is only slightly above theirs in the coefficient, and I believe (could be wrong) that we'll be falling as our number of European spaces is being reduced? Someone else can confirm this as being true or utter nonsense.

Hamsik is only 28. And you're right it's only one player, but Lewandowski was only one player and he tore our defense apart. 

I think we've got a fairly decent squad but not anywhere near good enough for us to be considered favourites for 2nd.

I think we have the 2nd best squad in the group quite clearly, and HamsikIis no lewandoski. What I really took offence to W's the clown suggesting Slovakia and Slovenia are much better than us and the best we can hope for is 3rd. We'll be bookies favourites for 2nd most likely, we have loads and loads of decent players.

0 from England, 1 from Slovakia, 4 from Slovenia and Lithuania and 6 from Malta gives us 15 points. It's nowhere near enough, even if we do take 6 from Lithiania.

See it's this sort of attitude that annoys me, what on earthwwould make you think we will only take 1 point from Slovakia.

I go into every campaign confident of finishing second. Apart from the shocker in Georgia, we actually played not to bad in most games. Lost three times all down to one goal so it's not like we're getting destroyed 3 or 4-0. Agree with the people saying, the way Eastern European football is played trounces British football. We're just not technically gifted as the majority of their players but have the fight and determination they don't.

Anyway last campaign means f**k all for this campaign, we need a de don't start, 6 out of 6 to get us rolling which I think we'll do. Tricky though as were away to the toughest locations in the space of a month.

Guest DAVIDB69

I think we have the 2nd best squad in the group quite clearly, and HamsikIis no lewandoski. What I really took offence to W's the clown suggesting Slovakia and Slovenia are much better than us and the best we can hope for is 3rd. We'll be bookies favourites for 2nd most likely, we have loads and loads of decent players.

We are third in the betting for this group but we should be fourth most of our players play at at a very low level

I go into every campaign confident of finishing second. Apart from the shocker in Georgia, we actually played not to bad in most games. Lost three times all down to one goal so it's not like we're getting destroyed 3 or 4-0. Agree with the people saying, the way Eastern European football is played trounces British football. We're just not technically gifted as the majority of their players but have the fight and determination they don't.

Anyway last campaign means f**k all for this campaign, we need a de don't start, 6 out of 6 to get us rolling which I think we'll do. Tricky though as were away to the toughest locations in the space of a month.

What makes you think Eastern European players lack fight and determination?  

Archived