Tennis: Australian Open 2016

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Women's quarter-final draw

Serena Williams (US) v Maria Sharapova (Rus)

Agnieszka Radwanska (Pol) v Carla Suarez Navarro (Spa)

Angelique Kerber (Ger) v Victoria Azarenka (Blr)

Johanna Konta (GB) v Madison Keys (US)/Shuai Zhang (Chn)

Men's quarter-finals draw

Novak Djokovic (Serb) v Kei Nishikori (Jpn)

Roger Federer (Swi) v Tomas Berdych (Cze)

Gael Monfils (Fra) v Milos Raonic (Can)

David Ferrer (Spa) v Bernard Tomic (Aus)/Andy Murray (GB)

Murray currently 2 sets up and level in the 3rd at 3-3.

Konta plays Chinese qualifier Shuai Zhang (who has played 3 extra matches) in the Quarter-finals after her victory over the injured Madison Keys.

That is a dream Quarter-final and I fully expect to see a british woman in the semi-finals.

Zhang who is 27 had lost all 14 of her previous Grand Slam matches before this tournament and was on the verge of retiring.

Hopefully Konta will recover enough to win this one fairly comfortably. If she does win, is it the winner of Kerber and Azarenka they face? Fancy Azarenka for that one.

Murray should progress to the final fairly easily now I think. Don't see Ferrer posing him too many problems and he generally plays excellently against big servers like Raonic. Monfils could be a tricky one, but again, I think he'll be too dominant for him.

Hopefully Konta will recover enough to win this one fairly comfortably. If she does win, is it the winner of Kerber and Azarenka they face? Fancy Azarenka for that one.

Murray should progress to the final fairly easily now I think. Don't see Ferrer posing him too many problems and he generally plays excellently against big servers like Raonic. Monfils could be a tricky one, but again, I think he'll be too dominant for him.

Nah.

Selfish Kim will go into labour

Nah.

Selfish Kim will go into labour

If she doesn't I can see AM winning this. He is not putting as much pressure on himself this year. The Aussie open is my second favourite grand slam. Great event. I was there in 2011 I need to go back.

If I'm being honest, if he gets to the final regardless of whether it's Novak or not, I think he'll play even if she goes in to labour. By the time he's at the airport, flown and managed to get there the bairn'll be celebrating its first birthday.

Let's say Murray was to come out of the shadows of Djokovic and win all 4 slams in 2016, does he enter the GOAT discussion?

Nope. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Archived