Tennis: Australian Open 2016

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed watching the match unfortunately, so can't really comment. It's interesting that you think Djokovic was struggling with the flat hitting from Simon. I think that's possibly his one sloth weakness, he handles spin so well, but on a slightly faster Australian court this year it's possibly something a player like Murray can exploit.

He certainly struggled with it, but he struggled with everything today. He's a lucky boy to still be in.

I was watching on Eurosport player. It cut to Boris Becker doing this:

giphy.gif

The first commentator said that Boris is trying to re-energise Djokovic. The older guy I can't remember his name said "or he's probably on a big vibrator" :lol: .

Novak now has 100 unforced errors in this match and he is likely to win the match. :lol:

That's an incredible amount of errors from a guy like Djokovic. He's probably won a Slam and finished on that sort of number for the whole two weeks. ????

I only saw the last 3 games of it, but it always surprises me to see Simon competing at the level be does considering how limited he is as a player.

This isn't a dig at him; he really does get the absolute maximum out of his ability, so fair play.

I fancy Murray to win this provided Kim hangs off until after the final to shite out baby Murray.

This..... not sure how it will work tho.... Kim could go into labour and shoot the sprog out in 2 hrs.. Murray will barely be at Melbourne airport... Kim needs to keep her mooth shut and her legs open... have the sprog and when Murray returns he can introduce it to the trophy

In other words.... don't be selfish Kim :))

That's an incredible amount of errors from a guy like Djokovic. He's probably won a Slam and finished on that sort of number for the whole two weeks.

I only saw the last 3 games of it, but it always surprises me to see Simon competing at the level be does considering how limited he is as a player.

This isn't a dig at him; he really does get the absolute maximum out of his ability, so fair play.

I think it says everything about Simon's ability that he couldn't beat him. Just a few harder groundstrokes on the break points would have seen him win today. But he just pushed it back to Djokovic and looked to take advantage of the errors. But he just doesn't have ability to do so. He played fantastically well making low errors on the balls Djokovic gave to him. Anyone in the top ten would have beaten Djokovic today. If he plays half as bad that again against Nishikori he will be beaten.

But I think what you'll find is he will be back to his normal self making few errors and ripping Nishikori's awful second serve to pieces.

Berdych Vs Federer will be quite interesting. Berdych has managed to shock Federer in QFs twice before. But hasn't really got near to taking a set since Federer moved to the larger racquet head.

Looking forward to the Raonic Vs Wawrinka match. If Wawrinka doesn't serve well he could get into all kinds of trouble. Raonic seems to be back on track and is more attacking since taking Moya into the fold. Seems to be more of a tennis player now than just a serve bot.

Raonic takes the first set 6-4 by being nothing more than solid on the serve.

Wawrinka will always have a poor service game in a set, and Raonic has been solid on serve this far.

Archived