Tennis: Australian Open 2016

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madison Keys has just beat Ana Ivanovic 4-6 6-4 6-4.

Ivanovic was leading 6-4 1-0 when the match was stopped when her coach Nigel Sears collapsed.

Jamie Murray told reporters Sears, who has been taken to hospital for tests, was "conscious, talking and sitting up".

I thought Murray was a bit poor. Sousa played superbly. Murray in the second set surrendering his serve for the second time was really as poor a game as he can play. But up until that point Sousa was playing far better than Murray and deserved a set. The third and fourth sets Murray was a lot more fluid and was able to deal with the power of Sousa better.

The highlight reel would be a good watch, as it was high quality at times.

Raonic was very impressive. His forehand is as big as ever, but his backhand has dramatically improved. His sliced backhand is a great weapon going cross court. His match up with Wawrinka will be a cracker. Raonic has a great chance of an upset.

The matches tonight should be straight forward for Djokovic, Berdych and Federer. The only chance of an upset would be Tsonga vs Nishikori, although Tsonga winning won't be much of an upset at all. Simon plays remarkably similar to Djokovic but just doesn't have the power or shots to trouble Djokovic unless he plays an obscene level. Likewise Goffin won't get near to breaking Federer's serve and his serve is shaky. Berdych might get troubled by Agut but can't see him losing three sets at all.

Simon is playing exceptionally well, I am pretty sure Djokovic has never errored as much as this in a match in his whole career. The pattern of play is Simon hitting a flat ball to Djokovic's forehand and he continually makes errors. Or Djokovic nets a drop shot.

Simon makes it 2-2. One set shoot out.

Simon is playing exceptionally well, I am pretty sure Djokovic has never errored as much as this in a match in his whole career. The pattern of play is Simon hitting a flat ball to Djokovic's forehand and he continually makes errors. Or Djokovic nets a drop shot.

Loki you are my favourite tennis poster. Did yiu see Nishikori dismantle Tsonga earlier?? That was very impressive

Loki you are my favourite tennis poster. Did yiu see Nishikori dismantle Tsonga earlier?? That was very impressive

I never saw it, just waiting for the highlights to be uploaded. Nishikori can always look superb against someone that doesn't return well like Tsonga. An impressive result nonetheless. Nishikori would have beaten Novak today. He will certainly have a chance considering he has already beaten Novak in a Grand Slam. I don't think Novak will ever be as bad as today if he scrapes through (5-2 up currently).

Novak now has 100 unforced errors in this match and he is likely to win the match. :lol:

Maybe the kick up the arse he needs. No doubt will go back to his normal excellent self for the remainder of the tournament

I never saw it, just waiting for the highlights to be uploaded. Nishikori can always look superb against someone that doesn't return well like Tsonga. An impressive result nonetheless. Nishikori would have beaten Novak today. He will certainly have a chance considering he has already beaten Novak in a Grand Slam. I don't think Novak will ever be as bad as today if he scrapes through (5-2 up currently).

I only caught it cause I was up with my mrs who is poorly. From my uneducated eye I thought Tsonga returned ok today but just couldn't match Kai's intensity.

Iv only noticed that Tomic is Andy's next opponent. That will be delightful watching him spank that twat in front of an Aussie crowd.

I missed watching the match unfortunately, so can't really comment. It's interesting that you think Djokovic was struggling with the flat hitting from Simon. I think that's possibly his one sloth weakness, he handles spin so well, but on a slightly faster Australian court this year it's possibly something a player like Murray can exploit.

Archived