Morton vs Rangers

Question still remains as to why, after being the first (and still only) team to earn points at Ibrox, why would we come home and make up this bottle story? Most normal Sevco fans know that it probably did happen but yet still we have mutants on here (who probably dodnt attend the game) saying it didnt.

And also you let your club die #Riddy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember as a teenager being at Ibrox for their old club's game against us about 1994/5 (Gazza made his debut, 2 Andy Gorams, Morton's Argentina shirt etc.) and after the game my shirt was covered in spit from old co supporters in the top tier, who assumed we were all "****** bastarts" - as they enjoyed reminding us of before, after and throughout the game.

It was my first exposure to the extent of the sectarian scum problem in Glasgow (and the west of Scotland in general) and I swore from that day on never to set foot in that hell hole ever again. And I never have.

But of course, since I never reported it to the police or have a personal copy of the CCTV tape then it never happened, and I am just another decent 'Ton fan with a chip (grog) on my shoulder?

I was at Ibrox that day. Did I see anything get flung? Yeah the odd coin went by my napper and that sort of stuff. Did I see a bottle get chucked? No. Did I hear it? No. Did anyone mention it at the game? No. Would Morton fans make it up? Aye. few would. Just to wind up The Rangers fans or make The Rangers fans appear like the knuckle draggers so many of them are.

But was it one of the first things a friend of mine said to me outside Ibrox when we were heading back into town? Aye. Was it something that was brought up by two different people who all claim to have seen it, and hadn't spoken to each other that day, within an hour of the game having seen it themselves? Aye. Have other Morton fans, with no reason to lie, discussed it since then? Aye.

The Rangers fans HONESTLY trying to claim that Morton fans, unrelated to each other in any way aside from the team they support, have managed to concoct this story within a few minutes of the final whistle as a way to tarnish the name of The Rangers fans? Jesus Christ lads. Get the tin foil hats off for f**k's sake.

I remember as a teenager being at Ibrox for their old club's game against us about 1994/5 (Gazza made his debut, 2 Andy Gorams, Morton's Argentina shirt etc.) and after the game my shirt was covered in spit from old co supporters in the top tier, who assumed we were all "****** bastarts" - as they enjoyed reminding us of before, after and throughout the game.

It was my first exposure to the extent of the sectarian scum problem in Glasgow (and the west of Scotland in general) and I swore from that day on never to set foot in that hell hole ever again. And I never have.

But of course, since I never reported it to the police or have a personal copy of the CCTV tape then it never happened, and I am just another decent 'Ton fan with a chip (grog) on my shoulder?

I was about six years old that day, sure Mccoist, Hatley & Laudrup got the goals, i remember my dad always mentioning the arseholes above spitting and throwing coins... Or maybe he made it up? Im not sure i eas just a wee boy

The usual scummy back turning from the Rangers supporters. It's telling that even the suggestion of bad acts sees supporters of most clubs quick to condemn. There's two who would rather do something else of course.

But hey, who cares right? Throwing glass bottles is fine. Especially where there's children present. Does hitting child get a scum score of 500 or something?

The usual scummy back turning from the Rangers supporters. It's telling that even the suggestion of bad acts sees supporters of most clubs quick to condemn. There's two who would rather do something else of course.

But hey, who cares right? Throwing glass bottles is fine. Especially where there's children present. Does hitting child get a scum score of 500 or something?

Their scumbaggery knows no bounds, so probably...

I was about six years old that day, sure Mccoist, Hatley & Laudrup got the goals, i remember my dad always mentioning the arseholes above spitting and throwing coins... Or maybe he made it up? Im not sure i eas just a wee boy

Since I have no idea who you or your dad is, and we didn't collaborate on our tale of events that day, I suspect that he was indeed telling you the truth.

I am pretty sure Gazza got one of the goals.. maybe their third? I also remember Paul Blair (I think it was) being one on one (or was it two?) with Andy Goram(s) and blasting it over the bar.

We also filled the majority of the bottom tier of their scummy stand that day, and went on to have a pretty great season, with the likes of Mahood and McInnes, not to mention Janne Lindberg, dominating parks up and down the country.

It's pretty obvious what happened if Morton fans found a broken bottle in their end (doubt it, tbh) ... it'll be that some drunken Morton oaf has more-than-likely dropped their carry-out when awoken from their stupor.

I regularly sit in the BR rear over at that end, and the idea that someone leaned back, launched a bottle, and everyone else just sat there thinking that someone has nearly been killed, is nonsense. Not least, because stewards / police regularly stand at the entrance / exit in that section.

Admittedly, I did throw loads of golf-balls at you that night ... pure loads a' thum btw! Soz Morton :)

Will someone please think of the children......

It's pretty obvious what happened if Morton fans found a broken bottle in their end (doubt it, tbh) ... it'll be that some drunken Morton oaf has more-than-likely dropped their carry-out when awoken from their stupor.

I regularly sit in the BR rear over at that end, and the idea that someone leaned back, launched a bottle, and everyone else just sat there thinking that someone has nearly been killed, is nonsense. Not least, because stewards / police regularly stand at the entrance / exit in that section.

Admittedly, I did throw loads of golf-balls at you that night ... pure loads a' thum btw! Soz Morton :)

Still denying it, unreal. You wonder why every other club in Scotland point and laugh at your club and its complete oddity support at any given opportunity? Stuff like this.

Still denying it, unreal. You wonder why every other club in Scotland point and laugh at your club and its complete oddity support at any given opportunity? Stuff like this.

:lol:

It was your buckie bottle that was lost, wasn't it? :)

:lol:

It was your buckie bottle that was lost, wasn't it? :)

LOL! Because Sevco fans drink only the finest organic Rioja of course

But yeah, you are never going win any pals with your patronising, belittling, turn a blind eye, tin-foil hat, always the victim, let your club die, zombie patter...

I am just glad I never have to set foot into your scummy ground ever again... what an absolute hive of scum and villainy

I don't drink such shite. Evidently, your neanderthal supporters do.

:guinness:)

LOL! Because Sevco fans drink only the finest organic Rioja of course

But yeah, you are never going win any pals with your patronising, belittling, turn a blind eye, tin-foil hat, always the victim, let your club die, zombie patter...

I am just glad I never have to set foot into your scummy ground ever again... what an absolute hive of scum and villainy

:lol::P

Archived