Morton vs Rangers

I don't remember much about golf balls to be honest. It was the bottle that provoked most discussion and your post from yesterday, establishes that a complaint about a bottle, was made.

". Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: “Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

“It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

“Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls"

Comments from Morton's esteemed chairman.

That entire onslaught went unnoticed by police and the clubs cctc system.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
". Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: “Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

“It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

“Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls"

Comments from Morton's esteemed chairman.

That entire onslaught went unnoticed by police and the clubs cctc system.

Why are you countering my observations with comments made by Morton's senile old git of a chairman?

If a number of hibs fans came onto here today claiming a bottle had been thrown at them from the home support last night, but you found out only 1 complaint was made to the police and the queens cctv didnt pick it up even though all these hibs fans claim its true, would you immediately believe them no questions asked

Actually, yes.

That would be an amazing thing for several people to make up.

Must be about the third time this has been asked today, but why would it be made up? And why would so many different people report it happening just minutes after, on various social networks. "Oh, well they probably heard about it and decided to post". No, this was literally minutes after.

Why are you countering my observations with comments made by Morton's senile old git of a chairman?

Show some respect to your elders, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Wot, you expect folk to be videoing the Sevconians on their phones instead of watching the game? Really?? Grow up.

Thankfully, nobody has to prove anything to the likes of you.

Various fans have reported to stewards, police and security, including handing over the remains of a broken Buckfast bottle. No reason at all for them to make something like that up, given the amount of hassle and aggro that they might be subjected to if this goes further.

Not according to a police foi request....

Nicely observed minutes silence by everyone.

Outdone later by Rangers fans serenely throwing glass bottles into the away end.

Dead guy would be proud.

Glass bottles, really?

Secco fans are the absolute scum of the earth. After they equalised a bottle of Buckie was thrown from the upper tier of the broom loan stand and missed several of us by inches. Stewards everywhere when we equalised and a few were huckled out but when the bottles and coins flew in they all disappeared. I handed the broken bottle to the police and explained where it came from and he actually said "what do you want me to do about it?" I hated them before this game but now I hope the fucking place burns to the ground.

Bottles again plus coins, really?

Also a bottle thrown from that height would've shattered, yet you picked it up...

Smashed all over Sandy Jardine west, aye. Scum.

But the bottle was picked up, we were told...

Absolute scenes when that second goal went in, tremendous stuff and what a result.

Absolute scum throwing glass bottles/coins at us not to mention spitting at us as well. Wouldn't expect anything less from the manky mob the sooner they go bust again the better.

Bottles again plus coins. Now why didn't the CCTV pick that lot up?

Not according to a police foi request....

Glass bottles, really?

Bottles again plus coins, really?

Also a bottle thrown from that height would've shattered, yet you picked it up...

But the bottle was picked up, we were told...

Bottles again plus coins. Now why didn't the CCTV pick that lot up?

Where is the CCTV? (Amazing you're still disputing this)

Given the proliferation of mobile phones with cameras, I am struggling to understand why there is a distinct lack of photographic evidence of all these lethal missiles being lobbed at opposition fans at Ibrox.

Given that Ibrox has state of the art CCTV systems in place I am struggling to understand why there is no pictures showing Rangers fans lobbing lethal missiles into the away section at Ibrox.

Given that Rangers supporters are the most intensely Policed group of people in Sturgeons Scotland I am struggling to understand how lobbing lethal missiles at opposition fans would go un-noticed by the Scottish Stasi.

Perhaps the stories of all these missiles being launched at them are simply the result of these away fans being a wee bit naughty and trying to get Rangers and their fans into trouble.

Where is the CCTV? (Amazing you're still disputing this)

Was it bottles or a bottle?

There seems to be some discrepancies in the mortoner reports.

Bottle. I only saw one. I also didn't see food items or golf balls either but Dougie is an auld fud so I wouldn't take his exaggerated ramblings seriously. Sounds like the story of the bottle has grown arms and legs and gotten a bit ridiculous.

With the rise of periscope maybe there'll more evidence next time. You'd probably still have an excuse.

Given that Ibrox has state of the art CCTV systems in place I am struggling to understand why there is no pictures showing Rangers fans lobbing lethal missiles into the away section at Ibrox.

Given that Ibrox has a state of the art WIFI system in place I am struggling to understand why there is no WIFI signal in any section of Ibrox.

I have no idea why every Rangers fan taking an interest in this story, feels the need to say no such thing happened.

Utterly baffling.

Pretty straightforward actually: fear. Fear of what's likely to happen next season.

Think about it- new club, but same old support. And that support has such an awful record of bad behaviour over the years, sorry, over the decades that it stands to reason that this sort of incident will happen again. And again.

TheRangers have had it fairly easy on their journey through the divisions so far (well, Motherwell apart). As they should have, given the financial help given by those nice guys at Sports Direct. But it's a telling point that the bottle incident happened just after Morton took the lead with just a few minutes left and it looked like TheRangers were heading for their first home league defeat of the season. The knuckledraggers in their support don't like it up 'em, and some immediately reverted to type.

The thing is, next season will be so different to this. Their team will be losing far more games, and the added element of seethe from the blue hoards coming from their perception of how the Premier clubs treated them a few years back means that incidents like this will be far more common. There'll be a horrible atmosphere at their "big" games, home and away, and trouble at some games is inevitable.

Their fans who are capable of rational thought realise this and that is why they are seeking to minimise the amount of "previous" that they carry with them into next season. They'll be livid at Bennett for bringing this to the fore again - especially given how it's turned out for him. They'd much rather see this thread buried a couple of pages back, never to se the light of day again. Thanx, Bennett - you may well have performed an admirable service for Scottish football!

Hibs fans are fearful of what may happen on the field over the rest of this season. TheRangers fans are fearful of what may happen on AND off the pitch NEXT season.

I'm astonished that anyone is still trying to claim that a bottle wasn't thrown. However the only mention of golf balls appears to have come from Douglas Rae, who I suspect was watching the game from the directors' box. I don't think any of the supporters who were in the away section have suggested that anyone threw a golf ball, so I would take Mr Rae's programme notes with a pinch of salt.

I haven't been to a Morton game at Ibrox for many a long year (my one visit to Ibrox since the Ritchie era was for Scotland v Georgia) and am unlikely to go back there again. Some of my friends have been several times with QoS and they have mentioned having catering delivered to their seats - kindly donated by the altruistic home fans in the adjacent section and delivered by air. Not an environment I'm that interested in being in, especially when I can watch the game by other means for free.

The proper response to a bottle throwing incident is to say that they will try to catch the culprit and take appropriate action. If anyone threw a bottle at a Morton home game, they'd be dobbed in by most of the people round them and rightly so. One mentalist doesn't act for the entire support. However Newrangers seem to have adopted the same defensive teflon complex as the old club, pretending it didn't happen.

I think most **** on this thread are looking for a bite and they are getting quite a few.

Of course it happened but Rangers conveniently don't have the evidence of a small minority of their own fans being scum which is a real shame.

No one was hurt, our club haven't acted on this properly which is no surprise, but lets move on until the next bottle incident next Friday.

Archived