Team 16?

edinabear

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to have some kind of licensing system. England also have a "Grading System".

When Gretna were pumped out of the league, they had an application system based on who had the best facilities that are suitable for league 2 football. It's the same idea for this.

When Falkirk won the league back in the early 00's and they never met the criteria they were refused promotion and the club who finished bottom (Motherwell?) were saved. They didn't just decide to let someone else have a go just because they met the standards.

What exactly stops a club like St Cuthbert from being licensed anyway? Seems a bit silly that you aren't allowed up in the first place. They could put a time limit in place for clubs to reach certain criteria.

When Falkirk won the league back in the early 00's and they never met the criteria they were refused promotion and the club who finished bottom (Motherwell?) were saved. They didn't just decide to let someone else have a go just because they met the standards.

What exactly stops a club like St Cuthbert from being licensed anyway? Seems a bit silly that you aren't allowed up in the first place. They could put a time limit in place for clubs to reach certain criteria.

I agree with you that they should be given one season to sort out their license. It's red tape thats preventing them from being licensed AFAIA that is

If St cuthbert were to gain promotion due to being licensed surely threave would just be automatically saved for another season.

I don't see the logic in promoting a team just because they are licensed, it's football not a stadium award system. Any team who is licensed should have to win the league in order to be promoted.

St Cuthbert's did win the league.  You have to be licensed AND win the league to get promoted.

I agree with you that they should be given one season to sort out their license. It's red tape thats preventing them from being licensed AFAIA that is

LL will be in its 4th season next season.

Surely that's time enough for clubs to get their ar ses into gear.......

SoS league winners automatically qualify for the Scottish Cup.

And EOSFL winners as well which technically is holding teams back ?

You could p iss these leagues year in year out and still get a shot at the Scottish without even trying for a license.

Where's the justice if teams are spending thousands just to meet the criteria for LL fitba.......

They seem to believe they can apply for licence after cut off date for lowland and still play in Scottish . Not sure if this is the case though

On paper they can get away with this, but the SFA can add any extra requirements they see fit to any licensing application, so if the SFA takes a dim view of this manoeuvre they can make like difficult for them down the road.

Haddington would be a significant addition being the first 'Junior' side to make the switch. Edusport would be a disaster. I really dont see what they would bring. No fanbase at all, don't even have a home! I dont know much about AM soccer. Do they even have an adult team?

Sorry just checking this thread. Haddington really? A nobody in junior terms . Mind you would fit in with the majority of the lowland league tbh. If you got a Linlithgow or Auchinleck to join then that would be significant. I know a few junior teams are now looking into this as they have had their fill of the shambles that is the sjfa

Sorry just checking this thread. Haddington really? A nobody in junior terms . Mind you would fit in with the majority of the lowland league tbh. If you got a Linlithgow or Auchinleck to join then that would be significant.(YAWN) I know a few junior teams are now looking into this NOW THAT THEY HAVE SEEN EDINBURGH CITY'S PROGRESSION as they have had their fill of the shambles that is the sjfa

Ftfy ;)

Ftfy ;)

The bigger junior sides have had their fill of the way the junior game has been run for a while but didn't & some still don't think the ll is the way forward . But the sfa have stuck to their guns rightly or wrongly & now the junior teams know that if they want to progress they have to look at this option . The West of Scotland league seems a viable proposition & if workable can see this being the way to go . Only obstacle would be the Scottish Cup in my eyes

Don't think Haddington have applied for Lowland but maybe they could make a move to the EOS to help facilitate a move to the Lowland in time.

Perhaps if Edusport are unsuccessful in their attempt for the Lowland they may move to the EOS too assuming they still plan to switch to Forthbank.

Infact, looking at the bigger picture, the EOS may desperately need reinforcements.  Civil and Hawick arguably have the best case to fill the now two new alleged reported vacancies in the Lowland.  If they were successful, and Craigroyston leave for the juniors, the EOS would lose 20% of its member clubs overnight and be down to just a 12 team league.  It has also been reported that at least one other club would consider leaving the EOS at some point for the juniors too.

Here's hoping the EOS reach out to any junior clubs with an interest in becoming licensed with a view to playing in the Lowland as the EOS would be the perfect move for those clubs.

Don't think Haddington have applied for Lowland but maybe they could make a move to the EOS to help facilitate a move to the Lowland in time.

Still working towards the license - we need to get that before anything else is under consideration

Haddington would be mad to join the east of Scotland league, clubs cannae wait to get oot of it and I wish Shippy would hurry up and follow 

Whilst it looks on shakier ground than a couple of seasons ago, the EoS does have the promotion route into the LL, if the 16 places are all filled and the invites have run out.

Whilst it looks on shakier ground than a couple of seasons ago, the EoS does have the promotion route into the LL, if the 16 places are all filled and the invites have run out.

And good luck to you.

Far too many negative comments regarding the LL and pyramid structure.

City have proved what can be done.

I'm sure there are a few envious clubs looking in now.

And good luck to you. Far too many negative comments regarding the LL and pyramid structure. City have proved what can be done. I'm sure there are a few envious clubs looking in now.

If teams spent their money on facilities not players the long term gain is there

Eos is a perfect example Leith / Hutchy great teams and no doubt spent big on players but no facilities even close to applying ?

Civil / Hawick made great attempts to upgrade facilities , want entry but red tape blocking them ( heard a hole in a fence stopped civil last season ? )

so let teams in for efffffs sake or let the next team that has the entry level in the league and wants in gain automatic promotion if the teams that finished above them don't

ps if they have not met the entry level I would withdraw their automatic entry to the Scottish as well

and withdraw it from Junior teams as that's a joke they get in of they have to allow LL etc in their Cup

:thumsup2

Exactly, excellent points.

EOS may have lost 1 to the juniors with possibly one or two more to follow, but the other clubs applying to get out are doing so in order that they can move on up to the Lowland (ie Civil/Hawick).  And it is for that very reason that the EOS will still have appeal both now and the future for any clubs out that way who harbour any aspirations of joining the Lowland longer term, especially now that the Lowland will be at its maximum capacity from next month onwards and promotion is now the only route in.

Be great to see Haddington making the move.  Whilst I appreciate they are not licensed as yet, could they not make the move over and that way if they get licensed at some point during next season, they would be eligible for promotion were they to win the league?

Exactly, excellent points.

Be great to see Haddington making the move.  Whilst I appreciate they are not licensed as yet, could they not make the move over and that way if they get licensed at some point during next season, they would be eligible for promotion were they to win the league?

(Again, I stress this is a personal opinion not a club position)

License first, any moves required afterwards. The worst case scenario (unlikely as it may appear) would see us in the EoS with no license and we'd be faced with the slightly embarassing prospect of re-applying for the South Division. Without a license, the Juniors is IMO currently the best place to be

Hopefully, Haddington Athletic will provide the precedent that you can get licensed and stay in the juniors, while awaiting the SJFA's entry into a future all-inclusive pyramid. If SoS clubs like Threave Rovers and St Cuthberts Wanderers are going to duck out of playing in the LL and Golspie Sutherland and Glasgow Uni can be licensed while playing in amateur leagues with no clear pathway to the LL or HL, there's really no obvious reason why more junior clubs can't enjoy the status that Linlithgow Rose and Banks o Dee already enjoy.

Archived