Team 16?

edinabear

Hopefully, Haddington Athletic will provide the precedent that you can get licensed and stay in the juniors, while awaiting the SJFA's entry into a future all-inclusive pyramid. If SoS clubs like Threave Rovers and St Cuthberts Wanderers are going to duck out of playing in the LL and Golspie Sutherland and Glasgow Uni can be licensed while playing in amateur leagues with no clear pathway to the LL or HL, there's really no obvious reason why more junior clubs can't enjoy the status that Linlithgow Rose and Banks o Dee already enjoy.

Lithgae joined before the commencement to the pyramid clause was added.

Banks O Dee are desperate to join the Highland League.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitter sun lowland league account claiming new Threave gaffer had quit after 2 weeks because the club plan to go back to South league.

Looks like 2 places up for grabs right enough if Saints not looking to get promoted either.

^^^Might be 3 places. Do BSC Glasgow definitely have an entry level license compatable stadium sorted out for next season?

Lithgae joined before the commencement to the pyramid clause was added.

Banks O Dee are desperate to join the Highland League.

I know both of those things and they don't in any way contradict what I wrote.

Twitter sun lowland league account claiming new Threave gaffer had quit after 2 weeks because the club plan to go back to South league.

Looks like 2 places up for grabs right enough if Saints not looking to get promoted either.

I'll be damned if they get the credit for my story!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/new-threave-rovers-boss-bryan-7997034

Great work Stu. Really interesting story. 

Do you know anything more about the situation with St. Cuthberth Wanderers? Will they get their license? Any chance of them going up to the Lowland League? Thank you. 

Great work Stu. Really interesting story. 

Do you know anything more about the situation with St. Cuthberth Wanderers? Will they get their license? Any chance of them going up to the Lowland League? Thank you. 

Cheers! Bryan Gilfillan seemed to be under the impression that Saints aren't going into the Lowland League, which he'd thought was good news for Threave before last week's developments. When I asked the Saints manager about the licencing he said as far as he knew everything was progressing as it should. Just a case of waiting and seeing I guess.

Threave happy to go doon, St.Cuthberts happy to stay doon, nae licenced team fae the EOS going up and the teams trying tae join have nae fans.  The sports club fae Glasgow now getting kicked oot fae sharing Maryhill and are homeless. This pyramid is working a treat :rolleyes: 

Threave happy to go doon, St.Cuthberts happy to stay doon, nae licenced team fae the EOS going up and the teams trying tae join have nae fans.  The sports club fae Glasgow now getting kicked oot fae sharing Maryhill and are homeless. This pyramid is working a treat :rolleyes: 

EK done well in the Scottish cup and got a good pay day vs Celtic as a result of their achievement. The lowland league has seen the first promotion/relegation of the pyramid system with Edinburgh City going up and the Shire coming down. All lowland league clubs will have a license this year meaning more rewards in the Scottish cup. Winners of lowland league eligible for challenge cup and league cup.

It's nice just promoting your agenda and side of the story isn't it?

As I said in the other thread I can't say a great deal about the situation at the moment - once it's resolved hopefully I'll be able to from our perspective - but I can confirm that we haven't kicked BSC out of Lochburn.

They entered into 3-year groundshare agreement which runs out at the end of 2016-17. Whether they'll be there next season or not only they could tell you.

Saints very unlikely to go up as majority of squad have said they don't want to go lowland due to travel.

Threave have new management team in place. Seems like the dirty was done on gilfillan.

The word is Saints dont want to go up and are not submitting their Licensing paperwork until after the deadline. This is mainly due to the fact that nearly the whole squad dont want to play LL due to travelling. Also financial side came in to play.

Have Threave announced New Manager. Havent seen anything on FB, club website etc ?

Threave happy to go doon, St.Cuthberts happy to stay doon, nae licenced team fae the EOS going up and the teams trying tae join have nae fans. The sports club fae Glasgow now getting kicked oot fae sharing Maryhill and are homeless. This pyramid is working a treat :rolleyes:

So much rubbish in one post, you have excelled yourself.

It sure is:

CilwF5XXAAAxO_w.jpg

They really need to consider having a system like in the English tier 9 where teams have to apply for promotion and the highest placed team in each league (as long as they are in the top three) is promoted.  The problems run deeper than that but, certainly, if there are only a limited number of teams who are ambitious about playing at a higher level then they have to make it easier for those teams to move up.

Threave finished bottom of the league two years in-a-row so they should be relegated.  They obviously aren't good enough for the Lowland League just now so going back to the South of Scotland League is sensible.  As someone else said, something similar happened when they were in the East of Scotland League (although they were more successful back then playing-wise).

One of the biggest problems is clearly that the juniors aren't involved.  If all non-league teams were involved in the pyramid then you wouldn't have Threave, at least right now, playing at tier five and you wouldn't have St. Cuthberts at tier six either.  Of course there are going to be problems with these types of teams playing one level below the SPFL in a league that covers everywhere south of the Tay.  It's still crazy that you have the Highland and Lowland League at the same level as the only leagues in tier five when one of them covers a huge percentage of the population of Scotland.

It's still crazy that you have the Highland and Lowland League at the same level as the only leagues in tier five when one of them covers a huge percentage of the population of Scotland.

.........and that's the flaw in the whole thing.

Archived