Inverness C.T. v P. Thistle 23/01/2016

No topic for this, so seemed appropriate to start one.

This is a big game for both sides with Inverness looking to keep a gap between the teams below them while maintaining pressure on the top six slots. Thistle on the other hand will be looking for a win to create a gap between ourselves, Hamilton and Kilmarnock

As we know, Thistle will be enforced into at least one change with Liam Lindsay beginning a two game suspension. Frederic Frans will come in to replace him and will hopefully re-engage a defensive partnership with Dan Seaborne that saw the duo link up with clean sheets in the early stages of their Thistle careers.

Abdul Osman is available once again and it is likely that he will return to his defensive midfield slot, probably in place of David Wilson.

Ryan Edwards might make the squad having been knocked out of Olympic qualification this evening.

Inverness are adopting a "Pay What You Can" policy for this game which might see a slightly merrier Thistle support, with an extra £20 or so spent on alcoholic beverages than normal.

I'm heading up on the Friday night with a group of friends and I'm looking forward to a wee night out in the Highland capital, though if the locals could not get in a ruckus with Smurph it would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to get osman back. Really missed him last wk, shores up the midfield and protects defence. Despite my like for Welsh he was shite last wk probably our worst player.

Looking for a big response from last wks unorganised shambles against a team we normally do well against. Think we can sneak an away win. 2 1 Jags

i have a good feeling about this 1 we normally do quite well against inverness. i enjoy a trip up to inverness good ground to go to one of my favorites in the league if we could get a win here and then another next week that would be a massive step away from relegation, obviously not completly safe but from automatic relegation surely

Losing interest this year. Only fun is guessing how many United or Accies concede from now on

We're currently out of the play off spot on goal difference, I'll wait til we're 10 points clear before I start to lose interest.

i have a good feeling about this 1 we normally do quite well against inverness. i enjoy a trip up to inverness good ground to go to one of my favorites in the league if we could get a win here and then another next week that would be a massive step away from relegation, obviously not completly safe but from automatic relegation surely

Really? It's a good trip if you're making a day / weekend of it on the sauce but the ground is one of my least favourite- I hate being stuck low down behind a goal, it's invariably freezing, and it's a fair journey back to the centre on foot.

Obviously my pessimistic nature means while last week it was "we never beat Dundee, we'll lose", this week it's "we always beat ICT, they must be due a result against us".

1-1, Mandron coming off the bench to equalise. Not sure too many away fans will be paying much into ICT's coffers to try and sign Osman, I can't make it but I wonder what the lowest amount handed over will be?

Was Smurph at fault for the rammy?

He got punched for no reason whatsoever IIRC. :lol:

I'm sure I read on here that a St Johnstone fan donated one pence when they last ran the 'pay what you can' scheme.

Typical farmer, Tory scumbag.

b*****d, that fucks my plan to pay in Zimbabwe dollars if it makes me a Tory.

I tried to overpay when I went to the Hamilton v Inverness 10p entry game last season... but they turned down my offer of £10. I ended up giving them 20p and they were insistent I take the 10p change if I recall correctly!

Not hopeful of an ICT result tomorrow. The generous odds on Partick Thistle are tempting...

Archived