Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

"British Jobs for British Workers" is  phrase long used by the far right.

Of course it's f**king relevant.

It's not relevant unless you can demonstrate that any of the gammons looting their nearby Greggs were desperately hanging onto the failed slogan of Gordon f**king Brown to validate their long-held, racist views. 

The only reason that is getting churned out is purely to distinguish the SNP from Labour, in an attempt to score political points from public disorder. Which is pretty pathetic behaviour IMO. 

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It's a Scottish football forum not the UN, you monumental fanny. 

There is one thing I could suggest on a football forum that might help reduce the numbers at a "Pro-UK" "protest" in Scotland.

Make an announcement that folk attending such events who do anything antisocial, even as little as dropping a crisp bag ,while wearing any football club related attire will receive a life ban from their team's home and away fixtures.

Not aimed at any particular club, many of whose supporters regularly exhibit overtly unionist views obviously... nope, definitely not. Keep the heid, boys, keep the heid.

I hope somebody makes a record of poor Tommy's tweets over the last few days and locks them in a dark hole till the history"s written, or he goes to court. I'm not going to post them but a common theme is "Our women aren't halal meat" interspersed with begging for money, and thanking his American supporters. 

50 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

You've posted that before and it's still really not relevant to the current situation tbh. 

The current climate doesn't just happen overnight.

Labour and Tory were both complicit in the recent election too in being "tough" on migrants.

Further, what have they done for working class areas in England? Zilch. Two-child cap, tuition fees and more austerity ain't gonna help things.

10 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It's not relevant unless you can demonstrate that any of the gammons looting their nearby Greggs were desperately hanging onto the failed slogan of Gordon f**king Brown to validate their long-held, racist views. 

The only reason that is getting churned out is purely to distinguish the SNP from Labour, in an attempt to score political points from public disorder. Which is pretty pathetic behaviour IMO. 

It's relevant because it's part of the political background of the mainstream parties appeasing the racists.

There's been a lot made of how Tory policies and rhetoric have enabled the far right - but Labour aren't innocent either.

In fact I'd go further to say that Labour have been complicit by not challenging racism in their red wall strongholds because they are frightened of losing votes.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Musk going full "White Lives Matter" while people are trying to burn refugees alive. 

I used to think Musk was just an arrogant tool.

He's much worse that that though.  A genuine shit of a man.

14 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There is one thing I could suggest on a football forum that might help reduce the numbers at a "Pro-UK" "protest" in Scotland.

Make an announcement that folk attending such events who do anything antisocial, even as little as dropping a crisp bag ,while wearing any football club related attire will receive a life ban from their team's home and away fixtures.

Not aimed at any particular club, many of whose supporters regularly exhibit overtly unionist views obviously... nope, definitely not. Keep the heid, boys, keep the heid.

I think we all know when this is going to escalate towards Scotland. And I genuinely feel for all the decent fans, like yourself, of the club concerned.

It's unfortunately inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

The current climate doesn't just happen overnight.

Labour and Tory were both complicit in the recent election too in being "tough" on migrants.

What evidence is there that Gordon Brown's utterly hopeless and completely ineffective 2010 election campaign radicalised English men towards Islamophobic and anti-asylum seeker violence? 

Citing 'political climate' is simply a cop-out from the reality that no such causal chain exists. Whereas there are plenty of causal chains between the National Front, the BNP, the EDL and the current organisation of far-right violence. 

Further, what have they done for working class areas in England? Zilch.

There were similar racial riots in northern English cities in May 2001. When the economy was in the middle of a historic period of growth, the government was churning out policies like the minimum wage, tax credits and record NHS investment that *did* redistribute to working class England before the financial crash of 2007-08. They also took place before radical Islam was a viable scare story because 9/11 (never mind the other red herring explanation, the War in Iraq) took place. 

So given the clear continuity of a fringe bunch of angry white men thrashing neighbourhoods where minorities live, the argument that this unrest is the outcome of recent and specific policy failures is unconvincing to say the least.

Two-child cap, tuition fees and more austerity ain't gonna help things.

Any more red herring causes we want to throw out there? Are the rioters in Rotherham/Middlesbrough really turning to far right violence only because going to uni costs £9k in fees? They hardly strike me as the academic type tbh. 

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's relevant because it's part of the political background of the mainstream parties appeasing the racists.

There's been a lot made of how Tory policies and rhetoric have enabled the far right - but Labour aren't innocent either.

In fact I'd go further to say that Labour have been complicit by not challenging racism in their red wall strongholds because they are frightened of losing votes.

So why did racist riots take place in the same parts of the country in 2001 and in the early 1980s too? 

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Any more red herring causes we want to throw out there? Are the rioters in Rotherham/Middlesbrough really turning to far right violence only because going to uni costs £9k in fees? They hardly strike me as the academic type tbh. 

I might have missed it, but who mentioned tuition fees as a catalyst?

18 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

So why did racist riots take place in the same parts of the country in 2001 and in the early 1980s too? 

There's been a long history of mainstream parties appeasing racists 

It isn't a new phenomenon.

And btw the SNP aren't innocent either - they've been guilty of tokenism and not rocking the boat in the past as well when it comes to dealing with openly racist attitudes amongst voters.

11 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

I’d appreciate it if people would stop quoting the Greenock gimp.

Thank you.

He's contributing plenty to the discussion, raising several contestable but valid points. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

He's contributing plenty to the discussion, raising several contestants but valid points. 

That’s what I don’t get. He raises valid points, makes pertinent comments about complex topics, sees incisive angles that he hones in on. .  .  .  and then just goes full on angry.  Why?

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's contributing plenty to the discussion, raising several contestable but valid points. 

Clearly not everyone agrees, as several of his recent intemperate and inappropriate contributions have thankfully been deleted.

2 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Probably very naive of me, but I was thinking the same thing. Why has it not kicked off in Scotland?

It's been mentioned before but the weather has a part to play.  Not so much the rain preventing it but extended heat exacerbating it.

We generally don't get that this far north 

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Clearly not everyone agrees, as several of his recent intemperate and inappropriate contributions have thankfully been deleted.

Fair enough - not everyone has to agree.

I hadn't spotted any recent deletions.