Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I feel like it wont ever take place, they'll never cancel it though so you'll get the usual 8 fash c***s sheepishly hanging about.  

Sounds like I may be both wrong and right.

Something fashy happening tomorrow night. 

Edited by itzdrk

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Total fake news yet again. There are no trains to Sunderland from Glasgow, it requires at least two changes so no way a train from Glasgow could "pull in" to that shit hole, absolute shit stirring nonsense 

Well for a start you can do it with one change.

Secondly is it possible the journalist in question just saw loads of people with Glaswegian accents getting off a train and didn't check the train timetable?

I mean you seem to be calling a senior journalist (Mark Easton) at the BBC a liar based on not much.

I'm not on X or I'd ask him to clarify the statement. 

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There is, of course, another aspect to the "protests" that might be getting held in Scotland. I suppose it's conceivable that the "Pro-UK" shower might relish a chance to have a pop at the almost 50% of the population here that seem to favour Scottish independence.

If the Pro-UK "protestors" kick off, ironically it might result in an attitude switch that they might not like.

Edit to add - A "Pro-UK" march in Scotland, to me, has a completely different vibe to one elsewhere in the UK.

It's not a unionist demo.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Sounds like I may be both wrong and right.

Something fashy happening tomorrow night. 

A hotel in Ibrox is the target.  

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

And there are some who say "we cant just label these people as thick".

Yes, yes we f**king can.

Hillary Clinton called their US cousins "deplorables'. That was almost 8 years ago and it's STILL being used as a stick with which to beat liberals. I've been told many times, on here and elsewhere, (Johnathan Pie, I'm looking at you) that the reason for Trump's popularity is that the left used unkind words to describe the far right. We aren't listening to them, we should respect their opinions, and we should rise above the hateful invective they spew at us. Bullshit.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sitting back and doing nothing isn't an option.

Exactly. You don't fight Fascism with kindness and understanding.

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If you have evidence of this I hope you're going to grass. Even if it's just rumours.

39 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Not sure if this has already been posted. They’re so insane bunch over there. 

Beyond comprehension.  

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

The MSM pouncing on parties deemed 'soft on immigration', by which they mean numbers, is shooting fish in a barrel; it's at a record level and there's no point pretending otherwise.

The Tories are responsible for much of it. 'Stop the boats' was the mantra, but they did absolutely nothing that might try and address the issue beyond the sacred Rwanda plan which 1) would've only seen a low percentage of arrivals sent there, 2) was a thoroughly abhorrent policy and 3) as a result of point (1), it wasn't going to work anyway. £700m(!) spent o to send three people there, one of whom immediately f**ked off. The Rwandans must be pissing themselves laughing at that nice little earner. A complete and utter gimmick. 

Anyway, back to the Tories - saying you are going to do something and then continuing to do absolutely nothing is laying the groundwork for the conditions that we have been seen. All it needed was a triggering action and one which displayed some of the hallmarks of a terrorist attack set it off. We managed to avoid this sort of thing after 7/7, Westminster Bridge and the Manchester Arena bombings, for example, so there has clearly been some sort of mentality shift, probably a fair bit of it being radicalisation through social media echo chambers. 

A sensible discussion about Immigration is about as likely as one involving the NHS, i.e impossible. You'll have a subset demanding no immigration at all, some of them currently doing so very violently and another that won't acknowledge net immigration of 600k a year cannot be sustained indefinitely. Any number mentioned of more than 20,000 will have elements of the press going f**king mental no doubt as well, further destructing any such debate. Positions have become far too entrenched on an ideological basis. A sensible discussion is certainly not going to come off the back of rioting, lest it triggers more violent responses. 

We would also have to have a highly uncomfortable conversation (for some) as to why so many people just left the UK workforce during covid, creating some of the conditions that led to such high subsequent immigration levels. Some of them will have retired because they could, but the elephant in the room is how many of them decided they would just leave the UK? I would wager that a pretty significant chunk might've been EU nationals, for whom the pandemic disrupting their livlihood made it unattractive or unviable to stay in the UK. We have already forgotten the crippling labour shortages as we came out of the pandemic, which should be remembered in the context of high immigration levels. 

There are two not unrelated factors that mean that net migration below that level might be the unsustainable option. 

Demographics.

We have an ageing population. This means we need people to perform services for older people which don't always require high skills. Developing countries have young populations who need jobs and don't always have a lot of skills.  There are about 2bn people in the former empire across Africa and mainly South Asia. Because they'll often have some English, they're likely to come here if they come to Europe. 

600,000 people a year is 1% of Britain's population, and significant. It's 3% of 1% (0.03%) of anglophone(ish) developing countries'. 

A tiny % change in their appetite for emigration will have a massive impact on the flow of people, whatever some dipshit in Hartlepool wants. 

Economics

In the broader sense-access to resources. 

We protect our agricultural sector so the third world can't use their comparative advantage in food production for their maximum benefit. 

The financial system and commodities sector take value from developing economies (through interest or just exploitative pricing) to accumulate capital wealth in the rich world. 

Many parts of the develping world bear disproportionately the cost of the development of the rich world, directly through outsourced dirty industries or indirectly through climate change. 

People in the developing world lack resources and the opportunities to get those resources. There are massive push factors driving emigration. 

The developed world has those resources and opportunities. There are massive pull factors driving immigration. 

The Economic situation is very largely Britain's doing, although we tagged the US in about a century ago.

Our imperial system of extraction that determines the routes that people follow. They're just following the wealth of their nations here. 

42 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I doubt Rory Stewart knew anything about Maysan and Dhi Qar in Iraq, but that didn’t stop him becoming Deputy Governor there. 

Stewart will never admit that the racial identity of the plebs is a reflection of his establishment imperialism.

36 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Well for a start you can do it with one change.

Secondly is it possible the journalist in question just saw loads of people with Glaswegian accents getting off a train and didn't check the train timetable?

I mean you seem to be calling a senior journalist (Mark Easton) at the BBC a liar based on not much.

I'm not on X or I'd ask him to clarify the statement. 

He quite clearly said coming off a train from Glasgow,  bullshit regardless of the reasons. At best it's very lazy journalism at worst shit stirring. 

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The c**t in the England shirt already been caught and charged. Superb. Can't wait til every thick mouth breather from this video is behind bars. They will all be SHITTING themselves right now waiting on a knock at the door 😃

Silly cookie.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Futile task sadly for the nice guy trying to reason with them.

Zero empathy & hatred fuelled.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If you have evidence of this I hope you're going to grass. Even if it's just rumours.

I thought it was the beginning of a poem. 

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Maybe it’s the building this boy is standing outside.