Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

One of the replies - the usual made-up whataboutery:

I wonder when one of these bampots will be sued for defamation.

Guess the team

It's amazing honest all the usual yoon trolls are suddenly all "tommeh" fans 

And St Johnstone players 🙄

Edited by doulikefish

On 04/08/2024 at 20:37, Jambomo said:

They are but blaming Blair and Brown is ridiculous when the Conservatives have been the ones in government for the majority of the period since Thatcher was elected. 

The biggest recent driver of this kind of politics was Brexit. It’s when the likes of Farage came to the fore to stir up a feeling of “other” towards the EU and heavily pointed to migrants as the problem in the UK, rather than the real reason which was decades of underinvestment and terrible planning. 

When Enoch Powell did his Rivers of Blood speech, he was sacked by Ted Heath.  Clear message of "That is not who we are."

When does Farage get called out in the same way.  Repeat appearances on Question Time.  His opinion on everything sought out by the media.  Even if he claims not to be a racist, he clearly seeks divide and rule while the rich get richer.

When Brexit came along, people voted for it for numerous reasons: more money for the NHS, give Cameron a bloody nose, politicians need to know what life is like where austerity has hit hardest.  Nonetheless it gave the green light for every racist and bigot to think they were now part of the silent majority.

It is not just Farage.  Braverman, Patel, Badenoch and others have also made provocative remarks and don't get called out.

Unfortunately there are even Labour politicians who feel they have to join this narrative instead of strongly opposing it.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Who is this Huma Yusef character?

Who would have imagined that racist arseholes couldn’t spell?  They’ve not been paying attention during the lessons in the young offenders institute.  Shame.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've not opened the link as I am not interested in hearing any of his propaganda, if that is what it is.

I just don't think it's a good look advertising his views on this forum at this time, as it's not a very good look for the site. I am sure many others would agree with me.

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sure if we wanted to listen to the views of a racist scumbag we could do a search for them.  No need to post a link on here. 

Not a fan of the above viewpoints. I don't think it's helpful to basically say we should ban content like this from the forum, and it plays into the whole "censorship" shtick that the far-right Tommy lovers bleat about. It's important to analyse, criticise and debunk his vile rhetoric and lies. Or if you don;t want to watch the video, don't watch it.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

That being said, I'm also not a fan of folk simply posting videos without sharing their own comments. Do you support what he says in this video or are you against it? Saying nothing leaves people guessing and leaves you open to ridicule. IMO.

I'm very much in favour of cancelling the c**t on here, and everywhere. You can hardly blame Musk for amplifying his bile when he's offered a platform here.

Edited by welshbairn

If you want to go and watch a grifiting racist c***s video, f**k off from here and watch it then come back.

Or maybe we should start posting links to the Mein Kampf audiobook narrated by Oswald Mosely, just in case, anyone wants to hear it?

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Not a fan of the above viewpoints. I don't think it's helpful to basically say we should ban content like this from the forum, and it plays into the whole "censorship" shtick that the far-right Tommy lovers bleat about. It's important to analyse, criticise and debunk his vile rhetoric and lies. Or if you don;t want to watch the video, don't watch it.

That being said, I'm also not a fan of folk simply posting videos without sharing their own comments. Do you support what he says in this video or are you against it? Saying nothing leaves people guessing and leaves you open to ridicule. IMO.

The only people that can ban content are the mods.

I’m simply suggesting people do not post links promoting the view of a vile racist.  You are at liberty to disagree.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m simply suggesting people do not post links promoting the view of a vile racist.  You are at liberty to disagree.

I read one of the links to TR (a few pages back) it was an obnoxious diatribe and I don't intend to repeat the process but it was worthwhile as a one-off experience.

3 rioters jailed today at Liverpool Crown Court. It's good to see this all happening so quickly. I think the response from the CPS has been good thus far. Important to get as many of these scum behind bars as quickly as possible as a deterrent.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's fine to post it if you clearly comment or call out the bullshit.

Posting it without comment really isn't acceptable.

I know it's whataboutery but given the relative nature of their offences compared with what the JSO folk got a few weeks back they're pretty lenient too.