Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sentences being handed down look pretty lightweight considering how long they’ll actually serve.

These are just the ones in magistrates court, the more serious ones will be remanded to go to crown court I think.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sentences being handed down look pretty lightweight considering how long they’ll actually serve.

Aye, but there's also the effect it will have on future employment prospects (lawl), the fact that if they are in social housing they'll forfeit their tenancies, and that it will likely make travel within the EU extremely difficult for them. 

I'd far rather just see them detained for longer, but it's not like they'll be out in 6 months and just continue on as if nothing ever happened.

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

My work have just sent home all their staff from Glasgow  and Manchester based on intelligence over something today in the cities....

Madness..

Are they playing tonight?

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

My work have just sent home all their staff from Glasgow  and Manchester based on intelligence over something today in the cities....

Madness..

Hope they don't get spotted looting.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Hope they don't get spotted looting.

They were playing football in the park and kicking pushbikes after dark, that kind of thing. Youthful exuberance, nothing more.  Bending rules rather than breaking them, really.

20 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Well for a start you can do it with one change.

Secondly is it possible the journalist in question just saw loads of people with Glaswegian accents getting off a train and didn't check the train timetable?

I mean you seem to be calling a senior journalist (Mark Easton) at the BBC a liar based on not much.

I'm not on X or I'd ask him to clarify the statement. 

Yes you could do it with one change, at either Newcastle or Carlisle...but then that wouldn't be a train from Glasgow to Sunderland, would it?

It's piss poor reporting at best and rabble-rousing at worst...BBC f**ktard

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

That being said, I'm also not a fan of folk simply posting videos without sharing their own comments. Do you support what he says in this video or are you against it? Saying nothing leaves people guessing and leaves you open to ridicule. IMO.

I think any regular reader of the Politics Forum would know where @Freedom Farter stands on these issues.

Yeah, clicking on the Tommy Robinson thread, I would fully expect to see clips of his vile talks.

It would probably still be better to add some context with it or a review of its content so others don't need to watch.

Edited by johnnydun

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think any regular reader of the Politics Forum would know where @Freedom Farter stands on these issues.

That's what I was going to say, although the Politics board does tend to attract a lot of 'new' readers. 

All of whom will have already watched the TR videos, multiple times, cock in hand and sweaty, so it's kind of a wash. 

Edited by carpetmonster

One thing that's not helping at the moment is the number of total f**king idiots in local whatsapp groups or Facebook pages sharing rumours about things that are allegedly/apparently happening. I use the words allegedly/apparently because they are totally false and the messages come with those words attached to them.

Three times today my wife's told me she's seen posts saying that the EDL/other far right wankers are at a certain location, and it's been total nonsense. Post evidence and tell people to avoid the area, or shut up. I have no idea whether this is deliberate disinformation by the rioters to try and provoke confrontational responses from their "enemies", or whether it's an attempt to misdirect the police. Maybe it's just local people trying to play the hero and making up total pish thinking they're keeping people safe or something, but all it's doing is placing people on edge, which in turn strengthens the possibility further disorder or rioting will occur when there's an inevitable flash point over something and a response is triggered. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

One thing that's not helping at the moment is the number of total f**king idiots in local whatsapp groups or Facebook pages sharing rumours about things that are allegedly/apparently happening. I use the words allegedly/apparently because they are totally false and the messages come with those words attached to them.

Three times today my wife's told me she's seen posts saying that the EDL/other far right wankers are at a certain location, and it's been total nonsense. Post evidence and tell people to avoid the area, or shut up. I have no idea whether this is deliberate disinformation by the rioters to try and provoke confrontational responses from their "enemies", or whether it's an attempt to misdirect the police. Maybe it's just local people trying to play the hero and making up total pish thinking they're keeping people safe or something, but all it's doing is placing people on edge, which in turn strengthens the possibility further disorder or rioting will occur when there's an inevitable flash point over something and a response is triggered. 

Maybe that’s how we get shot of the fash; have folk post up in local FB groups saying ‘EDL cuntos seen marking gates in x street: two chalk marks means they’ve seen your dog and are coming back later to nick it BE A WEAR’. 

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe that’s how we get shot of the fash; have folk post up in local FB groups saying ‘EDL cuntos seen marking gates in x street: two chalk marks means they’ve seen your dog and are coming back later to nick it BE A WEAR’. 

Wear a foxes hat.

1 hour ago, btb said:

I know it's whataboutery but given the relative nature of their offences compared with what the JSO folk got a few weeks back they're pretty lenient too.

The Nazi lads have not committed the heinous crime of having a Zoom call to discuss potentially causing some minor traffic disruption.