Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

Anything actually happened in Scotland yet? Over the last couple of days I've gone from, they'd get laughed off and heckled anywhere they tried it, to "oh shit" at seeing the list of targets. But now that most of it seems to be a misdirection campaign. Will Scots fall for it, or strongly resist?

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Those sentences handed out in Liverpool today will deter the casual hangers on from joining in later I would think.

I think you overestimate the intelligence of said casual hangers on.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

One thing that's not helping at the moment is the number of total f**king idiots in local whatsapp groups or Facebook pages sharing rumours about things that are allegedly/apparently happening. I use the words allegedly/apparently because they are totally false and the messages come with those words attached to them.

Three times today my wife's told me she's seen posts saying that the EDL/other far right wankers are at a certain location, and it's been total nonsense. Post evidence and tell people to avoid the area, or shut up. I have no idea whether this is deliberate disinformation by the rioters to try and provoke confrontational responses from their "enemies", or whether it's an attempt to misdirect the police. Maybe it's just local people trying to play the hero and making up total pish thinking they're keeping people safe or something, but all it's doing is placing people on edge, which in turn strengthens the possibility further disorder or rioting will occur when there's an inevitable flash point over something and a response is triggered. 

Isn't that just twitter  / Facebook at a local level in a nutshell. If I had a quid for every post telling me that a police officer standing outside a house = murder or a road closed = fatal rta, I'd be a millionaire. It mana from heaven for Karen's with nothing better to do all day than speculate/embellish/blatantly bullshit about every little bit of tittle tattle and it just gets ramped when said tittle tattle happens to be happening locally. 

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Anything actually happened in Scotland yet? Over the last couple of days I've gone from, they'd get laughed off and heckled anywhere they tried it, to "oh shit" at seeing the list of targets. But now that most of it seems to be a misdirection campaign. Will Scots fall for it, or strongly resist?

My only concern is that if the usual crew pitch up in George Square, then some anti-fascist counter mob turns up, and even if they are entirely peaceful it will provide plenty of opportunity for the usual media sources to "both sides" it. It's already clear that certain BBC Scotland journos are having a conniption about the fact there is no Scots contribution to the "UK" riots, so anything kicking off they will be all over like flies on shite.

PS have generally done a decent job of kettleing the shit out of George Square when there has been agro, so I'd hope that anyone with a brain would just stay home and let the fleg shaggers disgrace themselves, again, but I fear there will be some sort of counter-protest and that, in my view, only serves to partly legitimise the original agitators.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't think the rabble rousing is the product of the BBC but whatever.

Maybe arsonists, thieves and violent thugs are more deserving of your ire but everyone has their own priorities.

So by suggesting that the Beeb reporter has got it wrong, intentionally or not, I'm giving the neanderthals a free pass? Doubtful.

I just found it odd that he clearly suggested that a train arrived at Sunderland from Glasgow...when a 3second Google would have allowed him to see that there is no such thing. He's heard a few Scottish accents disembark a train and decided they are weegies...maybe one of them was sporting a sevco top

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

If indeed as seems possible, there's rioting in Scottish cities tonight, does the smugness about not having riots then pivot to blaming Old Firm fans?

I don't think that there has actually been much smugness.  There's just been a bit of exploration of the fact it's not yet kicked off in Scotland.  Most recognise that it could though.

If we are to get similar scenes to those seen in England and Belfast, however, there's no doubt that the Rangers element will be prominent.  Even Rangers fans on here have recognised the likelihood of that.

2 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Those sentences handed out in Liverpool today will deter the casual hangers on from joining in later I would think.

Three years wouldn't put me off if it was something I believed in, especially politics.

Besides, nobody knows what'll happen until they turn up.

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

St Johnstone have effectively become St Hitler FC overnight, so there is that.

2 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

A few sentences for arson and attempted murder might do the trick for the more hardcore.

3 hours ago, sparky88 said:

If indeed as seems possible, there's rioting in Scottish cities tonight, does the smugness about not having riots then pivot to blaming Old Firm fans?

In which alternate reality is this?

You really need to stop making things up in some vain attempt to be a contrarian edgelord.

I think most folk here are surprised there hasn't been any attempt yet - we've been looking for possible explanations and discussing what the response should be if the Nazis do attempt something.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm sure plenty of Police Scotland officers will be at George Square for the Nazi riot. Some of them will even be on a shift as well.

It's why it's so funny every time someone gives the 'oh don't go out and face them, the police will deal with it' crap. 

10 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

How do you get from Glasgow to Sunderland by train with only one change? 

06:48 Glasgow Central to Newcastle with LNER then 09:40 to Sunderland with Northern. 

(Not that I believe this truly occurred.....)

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's fine to post it if you clearly comment or call out the bullshit.

Posting it without comment really isn't acceptable.

Whose rule is this? 

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think any regular reader of the Politics Forum would know where @Freedom Farter stands on these issues.

Correct and allowing the facts to speak for themselves is an underrated skill. 

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

Correct and allowing the facts to speak for themselves is an underrated skill. 

Posting poor Tommy videos is platforming a stream of lies intended to foment hatred and violence, some viewers may take it as fact.

Edited by welshbairn

Anyone who believes that they should be monitoring and/or deciding what content is posted on here should apply to join the moderating team.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

My only concern is that if the usual crew pitch up in George Square, then some anti-fascist counter mob turns up, and even if they are entirely peaceful it will provide plenty of opportunity for the usual media sources to "both sides" it. It's already clear that certain BBC Scotland journos are having a conniption about the fact there is no Scots contribution to the "UK" riots, so anything kicking off they will be all over like flies on shite.

PS have generally done a decent job of kettleing the shit out of George Square when there has been agro, so I'd hope that anyone with a brain would just stay home and let the fleg shaggers disgrace themselves, again, but I fear there will be some sort of counter-protest and that, in my view, only serves to partly legitimise the original agitators.

I think that's a good look to be honest. If there's thousands standing against half a dozen union jack covered weirdos. It's if they turn up anywhere else that I can see them be motivated to carry on with it.