This.

The time for hurt has passed; anyone still upset about Scotland not being there by June needs to have a word with themselves. It's the Euros, FFS - plenty of excitement whether we're there or not.

:thumsup2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye it was, brutal tournament and your right, when the hosts are out early it gets a bit shitter.

Good call, I loved watching Euro 2004 on Spanish telly there in legit Spanish pubs when I worked there. The pub had a back bit that can only be described as a part cinema and the commentry and athmosphere was class. The final was magic also for obvious reasons.

Greece for the 2004 Euro's was even better. Absolute scenes everywhere. i was 13.

That was Euro 2008, wasn't it? I remember that mainly being pants due to Switzerland not giving a rat's arse and Austria being shite.

The best tournament I've ever watched was probably World Cup 2002 on the Spanish language channels in the States. I don't understand Spanish, so that speaks volumes. Get rid of the wankers and install a couple of excitable lads to speak a made-up language that nobody else in the world understands and we're on to a winner.

Euro 2008 was brilliant. There was a Turkey game played in monsoon conditions that tournament that was absolutely superb, sure Turkey scored 2 right at the death to go through.

Not sure what Bambino is on about re coverage either to be honest. Exactly the same length of programmes regardless and the pre/post/ht features don't include talk about England!!!!

No wonder you're an Arbroath fan if monsoon conditions are part of your criteria for a superb game of football :P

It was a brilliant game, looking it up it was against Croatia, 3-2 Turkey, whoever won went through. Turkey 1 up, then 2-1 down, then won it with goals in the 87th and 89th minute. Plenty of cracking games that tournament, Spain in their prime too.

It was a brilliant game, looking it up it was against Croatia, 3-2 Turkey, whoever won went through. Turkey 1 up, then 2-1 down, then won it with goals in the 87th and 89th minute. Plenty of cracking games that tournament, Spain in their prime too.

I can remember that game, just, was 16 years old and watching it at my then girlfriends, even she was interested.

I was secretly hoping they would've won it.

Euro 2008 was brilliant. There was a Turkey game played in monsoon conditions that tournament that was absolutely superb, sure Turkey scored 2 right at the death to go through.

Not sure what Bambino is on about re coverage either to be honest. Exactly the same length of programmes regardless and the pre/post/ht features don't include talk about England!!!!

Media wise there was a lot less interest.

Media wise there was a lot less interest.

I don't remember finding that; just seemed like any other biennial international football tournament in terms of hype and media attention.

Unless you mean in terms of the pundits and commentators' enthusiasm, in which case, it does them some good to have their bubble burst every now and then.

I would much rather have Scotland there, I can't be bothered with "seethe" about England, if they do well, they do well, if they don't, they don't, it will not bother me a jot

Can't say I noticed. It was great with them not there, like a cup final without the old firm. Really disagree with you.

Fair play. It's purely a personal point of view because I enjoy the likes of talksport and 5ive live for build up's during the tournaments and it was party a second thought.

I don't remember finding that; just seemed like any other biennial international football tournament in terms of hype and media attention.

Unless you mean in terms of the pundits and commentators' enthusiasm, in which case, it does them some good to have their bubble burst every now and then.

I meant in terms of newspapers, radio and even news coverage.

Perhaps it was because it coincided with arguably the best Wimbledon ever and defintely the best final ever the following week of the Euro's and massive hype over Murray especially after defeating Gasquet but I don't remember the comp fondly which is a shame as I'm always like a kid at xmas when its Euro's or WC year.

Euro 2008 was brilliant. The exceptional tika-taka Spain team winning their first trophy, Holland romping France in the group of death, Arshavin turning up 2 games in after being suspended in qualifying and firing Russia to the semi's, Turkey scoring 5 goals that came after the 85th minute etc.

Just because the media aren't w*nking over the tournament doesn't mean you're not allowed to enjoy it!

Archived