• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Vardy plays and does well then I will have to relinquish my usual ABE stance. Someone who turns around form playing for petrol money and a packet of crisps for Fleetwood Town to starring in a major championship? That surely is THE  dream of every non league\junior player. 

Watching the braying poshos get heart broken in their every couple of years interest in that football is glorious. But you cannot deny the romance of a genuine fairy tale. 

If England play well enough then, it would be good to see them do well. But if the English media go full pelt bananas after the group stages, then i'll very hapilly see them get thumped,humped & pumped and preferably by the Germans as well.

If Vardy plays and does well then I will have to relinquish my usual ABE stance. Someone who turns around form playing for petrol money and a packet of crisps for Fleetwood Town to starring in a major championship? That surely is THE  dream of every non league\junior player. 

Watching the braying poshos get heart broken in their every couple of years interest in that football is glorious. But you cannot deny the romance of a genuine fairy tale. 

I gave you a greenie mostly because this post is an absolute stick on to generate seethe from TSAC

If Vardy plays and does well then I will have to relinquish my usual ABE stance. Someone who turns around form playing for petrol money and a packet of crisps for Fleetwood Town to starring in a major championship? That surely is THE dream of every non league\junior player.

I agree, but I think he'd have been on more than petrol money at Fleetwood, or even Halifax. He would've got that at Stocksbridge though.

Want the home nations to do well but it'll be funny if England get "screwed" out of the tournament like they did against Germany in Africa.

4-1 was more of a pumping than a screwing.

Also, people who say 'Africa' for every country in the continent.  :thumbsdown

Would you say 'I remember when France won the trophy in Europe?' or 'I loved the ticker-tape raining down in South America?' or even 'Remember when Maradona single-handedly put England to the sword in North Latin America?'

Probably not.

4-1 was more of a pumping than a screwing.

I was more poking fun at the English fans and media outlets who were adamant they were screwed by the ref over the "goal"

He was earning over £1k a week at Fleetwood after bonuses...

I was more poking fun at the English fans and media outlets who were adamant they were screwed by the ref over the "goal"

To be fair, if you play Portsmouth and West Ham players against Germany, you're going to get both screwed and pumped.

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I'm finding it quite difficult to dislike this England team. For once they're playing the young players and the players in form. Usually I'd have been all over the ABE but Alli, Barkley, Kane, Lallana, Sturridge, they're all very exciting players.

Of course as soon as they kick off I hope I'll be back to my semi-racist foaming mess. I know I'm in the wrong here but I can't wait to see Bale play. He's probably my favourite player on the world stage, in terms of style of play. I know he's a c**t but he's got everything I look for in a footballer. Power, pace, skill, physicality, guile. It's a totally Scottish fantasy football situation, to be a total superstar and carry your tiny country to international brilliance. But I reiterate, I know I'm wrong to like him, and I know he's a fucking c**t.

What a player though.

They don't usually "get humped", do they? I can only think of one real hammering they've had in a tournament in the past thirty years.

Well they were utterly humiliated in Euro 2000: I'm not sure whether goal difference stats cover for being turned over by Romania and Hibsing a two-goal lead against Portugal.

At the moment I'm finding it quite difficult to dislike this England team. For once they're playing the young players and the players in form. Usually I'd have been all over the ABE but Alli, Barkley, Kane, Lallana, Sturridge, they're all very exciting players.

Hasn't seen Barkley or Sturridge play this season IMO. Also hasn't really considered what Hodgson can do with those 'exciting young players'. Few of them are genuine top-level players (Barkley is several levels beneath that), but they could develop into a good team; I suspect that Hodgson's mindset will hinder any chance of that happening though. The team doesn't have the obvious quality that can make up for having a second-tier manager running things.

Well they were utterly humiliated in Euro 2000: I'm not sure whether goal difference stats cover for being turned over by Romania and Hibsing a two-goal lead against Portugal.

Slight exaggeration there did beat then champions Germany too all but eliminating them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived