Our set-up last night was defensive, but I don't really see how this could be a criticism. We were playing away from home against a full-time team twenty points ahead of us in the league, who hadn't lost in the league since September. Until last night, we'd kept two clean sheets in the league all season, most recently in October. I think it made good sense to set up to try and contain Dunfermline and not leave gaps for them to exploit, and we did that, by and large. It's horses for courses stuff, we didn't play the same set-up against Brechin (and got a better result last night!).

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we continue to play like that then yes. We'll wait until next week to see.

I dunno man.

Falkinham has certainly gone backwards over the last couple of seasons. Was pretty anonymous last night.

The cross which led to the goal exposed pretty much your whole defense. Allowing Jamie Bain, of all players, to nick in ahead of your two full backs was a shocker, abeit a pleasant one.

Didn't see much in the way of creativity from Dunfermline and El Bak could have played all day and not scored. That header he had was embarrassing. Moffat seems to work hard without much quality.

I think you'll probably win the league by a good few points in the end but it'll be testament to the shite quality of the opposition rather than Dunfermline being a decent outfit.

Except the last one before last night (0-3 win in Stranraer).

We were shite last night. Airdrie deserved their win because they defended better. We were so ineffective going forward and seemed pretty slow, like we were lacking some urgency. As others have said so many players were off form and picked the wrong option in key areas.

However much of the reaction has been comically over the top. Yes, we were shite, but we're a League 1 time for a reason. We have just went 14 games unbeaten in the league. There is cause for concern, but only if we replicate the performance of last night. I fully expect Ayr to close the gap to 4 points today, but we still have to play each other twice, and whilst Ayr can feel confident about winning one or both, so can we given what we have produced over the season so far.

We need a good win next week though.

Fucking hell,look at you being the voice of reason.

I dunno man.

Falkinham has certainly gone backwards over the last couple of seasons. Was pretty anonymous last night.

The cross which led to the goal exposed pretty much your whole defense. Allowing Jamie Bain, of all players, to nick in ahead of your two full backs was a shocker, abeit a pleasant one.

Didn't see much in the way of creativity from Dunfermline and El Bak could have played all day and not scored. That header he had was embarrassing. Moffat seems to work hard without much quality.

I think you'll probably win the league by a good few points in the end but it'll be testament to the shite quality of the opposition rather than Dunfermline being a decent outfit.

Your basing this all on one game, Falkingham has been playing very, very well recently with some of his best form in a Pars shirt, last night was an off night, as it was for many players.

It's been alluded to earlier but in our title winning season we got thumped by a relegation threatened Morton 3-1 at home with a horribly inept performance. If you'd watched that game you probably would've came up with the same hyperbolic nonsense which you've descended into above, it is just absolutely nonsense.

It's the third tier of Scottish football, of course the standard is fucking pish, if we do win it though it will be because we've been the best team over a whole season, as we have been so far this season. What was a shocking performance (hopefully) isn't vindictive of how the whole season has been, just as when we should've thumped County a few weeks back with a fantastic performance that had everyone watching at the game, and latterly

on Sportscene praising us doesn't make us a top tier side, turning in a poor performance doesn't make us awful.

I dunno man.

Falkingham has been pretty good this season. He was shite last night, but so were our whole team.

The defence did look a bit dodgy at times last night, but Rooney is basically a 3rd choice right back (behind Martin and Williamson). Still, our defence has conceded only 15 goals in the league this season.

We definitely lacked creativity last night and as you say, we could have played all day and not scored.

However, this was clearly one of the worst performances we've turned in all season. We can and have played much better. We're a League 1 team, so we aren't going to have the same consistency of performance across the whole season. Before last night we were 14 unbeaten in the league.

We need to wait for next two games (the second of which is against Ayr at East End) to see how we react.

Whilst I'll admit both teams were poor, we are clearly a team in transition, under a new manager attempting to implement a completely new style of play with limited part time players.

Dunfermline are a full time outfit having a supposed full on charge at the league title.

There wasn't much between the teams which really should worry the Dunfermline fans.

We're a team in transition too, the only difference (albeit a fairly big one) is that we're full-time. 3 of our starting XI from last night were regular starters, while Faiss was in and out of the starting team last season and Hopkirk barely played for the first team last year. Regardless, we've shown the quality in the squad and last night's performance was piss poor.

Not sure I'm too worried, the unbeaten run we just went on was achieved by some very decent performances and results that eventually gave us a 9 point cushion. I'm still confident of us winning the league, hopefully quite comfortably.

Falkingham has been pretty good this season. He was shite last night, but so were our whole team.

The defence did look a bit dodgy at times last night, but Rooney is basically a 3rd choice right back (behind Martin and Williamson). Still, our defence has conceded only 15 goals in the league this season.

We definitely lacked creativity last night and as you say, we could have played all day and not scored.

However, this was clearly one of the worst performances we've turned in all season. We can and have played much better. We're a League 1 team, so we aren't going to have the same consistency of performance across the whole season. Before last night we were 14 unbeaten in the league.

We need to wait for next two games (the second of which is against Ayr at East End) to see how we react.

Spot on.

I hear there will be no hot drinks sold in the wee bit Gordon sits in for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I hear there will be no hot drinks sold in the wee bit Gordon sits in for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Perhaps I'm being whooshed here, but who is Gordon? Unless you are referring to a Pars fan who posts on here?

Your basing this all on one game, Falkingham has been playing very, very well recently with some of his best form in a Pars shirt, last night was an off night, as it was for many players.

It's been alluded to earlier but in our title winning season we got thumped by a relegation threatened Morton 3-1 at home with a horribly inept performance. If you'd watched that game you probably would've came up with the same hyperbolic nonsense which you've descended into above, it is just absolutely nonsense.

It's the third tier of Scottish football, of course the standard is fucking pish, if we do win it though it will be because we've been the best team over a whole season, as we have been so far this season. What was a shocking performance (hopefully) isn't vindictive of how the whole season has been, just as when we should've thumped County a few weeks back with a fantastic performance that had everyone watching at the game, and latterly

on Sportscene praising us doesn't make us a top tier side, turning in a poor performance doesn't make us awful.

Calm down dear. You're an angry, angry man.

I'm not basing my assessment on Falkinham on one game whatsoever. His last season at Arbroath/first at Dunfy he was an utter stand out. Every time I've seen him since, he looks like he's gone backwards, culminating in his performance last night. Bearing in mind this is probably the weakest Airdrie midfield we've had for three seasons, he hardly bossed the likes of Fitzpatrick, did he?

Your second paragraph....please describe the "hyperbolic nonsense". I've said you'll win the league by a few points. Be specific, are you saying your defense wasn't dissected easily? Are you saying El Bak would have scored given a little more time? Are you saying Moffat provided quality?

If you think you'd win this league with another decent full time outfit in it, you're sorely mistaken e.g Morton last year. You're now struggling amidst a quagmire of part time shite, therefore it's fair to say that where it not for the poor standard of opposition, you'd be in considerable trouble.

Incidentally, I don't think you know what "vindictive" means.

Archived