• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the selective ball dropping and walking away at set pieces wasn't deliberate?

Throw in, walk away, one person walks up, picks up ball, drops it, another walks up slowly, miscontrols ball, walks back.....

Keeper doing the same, miscontrols it or drops it. Walks around the goals, walks over to other side....

It all adds up, it's not the reason we got beat but let's not pretend they weren't at it.

You'd do it too though let's not pretend otherwise.

You can't just quote someone and shout "SEETHING!" That's not how it works. Airdrie were awful but deserved the win more than us.

Those complaining about time wasting; f**k off aye? Every team does it and if they don't they're foolish. Need to look at our own team for why we lost on Friday night and get back on track at Stenny.

You can't just quote someone and shout "SEETHING!" That's not how it works. Airdrie were awful but deserved the win more than us.

Those complaining about time wasting; f**k off aye? Every team does it and if they don't they're foolish. Need to look at our own team for why we lost on Friday night and get back on track at Stenny.

Totally gone

I'm a bit seething TBH - keeping a low profile. No problem with any timewasting etc, just annoyed at our own performance. How many terrible corners and pointless crosses from about 30 yards from the byeline did we have? Badly lacking invention and common sense. What do our players think is going to happen when they launch aimless balls at the two wee strikers standing next to the big defenders? Airdrie's goal should have been enough to show them that perhaps there's a better way to do things.

Also disagree with the assertion that we're terrible in general. We've destroyed a good few teams this year, including giving Dundee a roasting. We can do much better than that.

A few things to note from the game.

I was a bit annoyed that AJ didn't instruct Fais to sit on the two Centre Halfs as he was being man marked (And marked well) by this baldy guy the entire game. Fais kept dropping deep but that congested the play. Would have made more sense for Fais to be stretching the back line and for Moffat to drop deep into the space.

I also have issue with Wallace, i don't know if it is because he has been on the bench but he was a selfish git when he came on. A number of times he could have played someone in or attempted to get to the byline and get a low cross in, but instead chose to take a pop or cut inside looking to take a pop and only passing when there was no shot on.

In the end, we had chances to win it and it was simply a bad day at the office. Credit to Airdrie who came with a plan and maintained good concentration throughout.

The thing I don't follow is the inability to fix Rooneys positional marking. As a defender surely one of the first things you are taught is to stand goal side.

Fair enough if you're up against someone with pace or trickery but the goal we conceded was almost identical to the one we lost against St Mirren.

We seem to have occasional poor games where we make defensive lapses and the midfield is non existent and Fais gets crowded out.

Wingers cutting inside, forwards dropping deep and no link up between defence and attack resulting in aimless punts from BRE and co.

I would have thought that these types of games were crying out for MAC or similar type player, Williamson would have been a good addition too as teams panic at his running. Hope he gets back soon along with Martin.

Archived