• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one else in the league would get in our (fully fit) team.

Is this tired drivel still being spouted?

The majority of your players would be on our bench.

Edit: To be clear, when both teams were closest to full strength we were top and had a long unbeaten run.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Is this tired drivel still being spouted?

The majority of your players would be on our bench.

Edit: To be clear, when both teams were closest to full strength we were top and had a long unbeaten run.

Murdoch

Williamson

Fordyce

BRE

Talbot

Paton

Falkingham

Geggan

Cardle

Moffat

Faissal

Please replace the above player with the Ayr players you believe are better than them, thanks :)

Murdoch

Devlin

Fordyce

Graham

Boyle

Forrest

Adams

Docherty

Cardle

Moore

Preston

Please replace the above player with the Ayr players you believe are better than them, thanks :)

Nae bather

Even left out Stevo.

Pleasantly surprised. We played the system perfectly tonight and were able to play a bit shit but defend well which is exactly what we've been needing to do. The defence was solid and the midfield protected them well. Fitzpatrick also had a decent game. Lovely goal too - having a proper left - back makes a big difference.

Missed a lot of the game on Alba due to the cameraman playing spot the crowd we had the managers, assistant managers,subs,,the directors in the crowd the chairman of Dunf and the chairman of Airdrie crowds then more crowds, all shown DURING the game when play was missed by the viewers.Will be looking forward to crowd highlights in the next Alba televised game.What is the gaelic word for crowd ?

There's a few words you can use for "crowd" - sluagh is the most common. You can also say grunn, but I would use that more for a group or batch of something, rather than a crowd as such.

Plus points last night, Chairmans announcement of full time football next season, Parry had a great game, Cox put in an excellent shift again as well as a sublime cross for the goal (shoe in for the player of the year (IMHO), Bain looking far better now he's been moved to his natural midfield position rather than right back where he was worse than useless. Oh and 3 points away :thumsup2

Negative's, 35 year old Lister in only his 4th game back after a season out playing as the lone striker, great player, great striker but too much too soon, McDonald going off injured, I hope it was just a precaution and the other is Faria, his total contribution last night seemed to be giving away free kicks (no surprise when he was booked for persistant fouling) and killing a minute while he hobbled off, maybe he's still to find his fitness but I was underwhelmed.

Interesting point from Wolecki last night that we've struggled at home because our pitch is one of the biggest in the country and as a result it's hard for a part-time team, good point but, most of the teams we play on it are also part-time.

Thought the right side of Pars defence was weak - the right back looked "green" and his positioning for the goal was terrible. He was unconvincing when he went forward and just seemed to get in Paton's way. McKay was shaky especially when Airdrie were hardly out of their own half and it wasnt as though he was under any great pressure.

Pars had enough of the ball in the final third to win 2/3 games but Moffat and El Bak were very wasteful and unconvincing.

I would fear for Pars if Ayr and/orPeterhead are able to string 3/4 wins on the trot - they have a decent lead but on the evidence of that last night the players seemed incapable of taking control of a match that they completely dominated.

Barely mentioned on here but Liam Watt had a tremendous game again. Last weekend we bypassed the midfield to accomodate Ronaldo's mate.

Great result.

I think one up front with support from midfield is the way to go. Cox, Cadden, Watt, Bain, Brown (and apparently Esposito) all have the pace to provide decent attacking options from deeper positions with Fitzpatrick and Faria anchoring.

I think one up front with support from midfield is the way to go. Cox, Cadden, Watt, Bain, Brown (and apparently Esposito) all have the pace to provide decent attacking options from deeper positions with Fitzpatrick and Faria anchoring.

It's got to be 3 forwards when we attack. Cox/Espo, Lister/Mackin/Prunty, Cadden/Cox.

We did well last night but the balance of our team was a bit defensive, almost Bollanesque. Our central defence is terrible, hence our need. We wont get away with that every week.

Hugo did a good job blocking Faissal's space in the 10 hole and Bain was there for extra cover. I wouldnt expect Bain, based on previous form, to hold that form for long.

Great result as I said but I think that we still need to tweak it a bit, we wont play as many shittybteams aslast night.

If we play 3 in the middle does Hugo sit in the "Busquets" role with Watt on the left or right and AN Other, or do we go for the inverted style (2 sitting) with the awful Fitzpatrick in there? Watt suits the former style but isnt as anywhere near effective IMO as a no 10.

As we dont have another playmaker type like watt I'd maybe prefer us with Watt and Hugo as the sitting players in the inverted 3 with maybe Cox or Cadden as the no.10 giving us more support for Lister and general attacking threat.

I expected more from Dunfermline last night. Hardly created a chance of note all night and rarely got in behind a well organised Airdrie team. Not quite squeaky sphincter time in Fife but a few more results and performances like that and it will be.

Thought Faria did a good job from what I seen on the telly breaking up play and protecting the 2 statues. New boy at left back looked good.

I thought Lister did as well as he could. We could only play with one man up front and expect to get anything last night and the only player we have who can hold up play from a long ball to allow the midfield to support when we have possession is lister. A tough shift- he won't offer much threat on his own but that's what you have to do if u want to steal points.

Archived