It's got to be 3 forwards when we attack. Cox/Espo, Lister/Mackin/Prunty, Cadden/Cox.

We did well last night but the balance of our team was a bit defensive, almost Bollanesque. Our central defence is terrible, hence our need. We wont get away with that every week.

Hugo did a good job blocking Faissal's space in the 10 hole and Bain was there for extra cover. I wouldnt expect Bain, based on previous form, to hold that form for long.

Great result as I said but I think that we still need to tweak it a bit, we wont play as many shittybteams aslast night.

If we play 3 in the middle does Hugo sit in the "Busquets" role with Watt on the left or right and AN Other, or do we go for the inverted style (2 sitting) with the awful Fitzpatrick in there? Watt suits the former style but isnt as anywhere near effective IMO as a no 10.

As we dont have another playmaker type like watt I'd maybe prefer us with Watt and Hugo as the sitting players in the inverted 3 with maybe Cox or Cadden as the no.10 giving us more support for Lister and general attacking threat.

For this level our centre defence is not terrible, they are perfectly adequate. The problem all season has been the full back areas. EWB seems to have recognised and addressed this.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed by the pars last night. You certainly couldn't tell who the full time team was. Airdrie defended well and although Dunfermline had more possession airdrie should have finished them on the counter a few times

As bad as we were all the doom mongering is silly, we are capable of so much more, that was just a bad week, all teams get them and just because it was on telly doesn't mean that's now our normal level of performance.

Of course if that does become the norm then promotion won't happen, but I have enough faith that we'll get back to our best soon enough

Of course if that does become the norm then promotion won't happen, but I have enough faith that we'll get back to pour best soon enough

Thought all your players were full-time. Didn't realise some were moonlighting as bartenders. After last nights display they might be doing that soon though.

Just shows how much we miss Cardle. Easily the best team in our squad and probably the league. We seem to lack creation when he's out. I thought Hopkirk was terrible last night. Strange game where we didn't really have any sustained pressure, our tv performances always seem to fall flat.

Both teams were shite. Airdrie are crap but they done what they had to do. Shows how much we missed Cardle and Cheesy. No creativity, sitting far too deep and no pace whatsoever. Answers on a postcard AJ because that was the worst performance this season...

Just shows how much we miss Cardle. Easily the best team in our squad and probably the league. We seem to lack creation when he's out. I thought Hopkirk was terrible last night. Strange game where we didn't really have any sustained pressure, our tv performances always seem to fall flat.

Except the last one before last night (0-3 win in Stranraer).

We were shite last night. Airdrie deserved their win because they defended better. We were so ineffective going forward and seemed pretty slow, like we were lacking some urgency. As others have said so many players were off form and picked the wrong option in key areas.

However much of the reaction has been comically over the top. Yes, we were shite, but we're a League 1 time for a reason. We have just went 14 games unbeaten in the league. There is cause for concern, but only if we replicate the performance of last night. I fully expect Ayr to close the gap to 4 points today, but we still have to play each other twice, and whilst Ayr can feel confident about winning one or both, so can we given what we have produced over the season so far.

We need a good win next week though.

It was still a very strong lineup you had. Is there a player in the Airdrie team that would have gotten into your starting lineup?

Arguably you could have said the same when you were missing your key players a couple of weeks ago.

Of course that team had enough to beat them. More raging at the players than anything else. When you knock your pan in all week at work to then go and be treated to that, well, it leaves a rather stale taste in your mooth!

Arguably you could have said the same when you were missing your key players a couple of weeks ago.

Of course that team had enough to beat them. More raging at the players than anything else. When you knock your pan in all week at work to then go and be treated to that, well, it leaves a rather stale taste in your mooth!

Hmm, the Stranraer game i'd have one or 2 of their first teamers over 1 or 2 of our reserves.

After watching the game, I thought it was more of a case Dunfermline not turning up than being shite. If you were to fail to win next week, then that would be more of a concern. You still have a really strong back line for this league.

Some Dunfermline fans are being a bit harsh on their team, 15 games unbeaten, surely you give them a bit of a break. The boo's ringing out at every Dunfermline mistake last night towards the end, awful.

That's football fans though. Sadly it won't be changing any time soon.

For this level our centre defence is not terrible, they are perfectly adequate. The problem all season has been the full back areas. EWB seems to have recognised and addressed this.

Again... if u think theyre adequate then please, enjoy them whilst you can. Credit to them for being ever present. Full back area was another problem as u say.

Thought the right side of Pars defence was weak - the right back looked "green" and his positioning for the goal was terrible. He was unconvincing when he went forward and just seemed to get in Paton's way. McKay was shaky especially when Airdrie were hardly out of their own half and it wasnt as though he was under any great pressure.

Pars had enough of the ball in the final third to win 2/3 games but Moffat and El Bak were very wasteful and unconvincing.

I would fear for Pars if Ayr and/orPeterhead are able to string 3/4 wins on the trot - they have a decent lead but on the evidence of that last night the players seemed incapable of taking control of a match that they completely dominated.

Agree entirely with this. Airdrie were well organised, it annoys me when you see our full back being wrong side continuously and he's been guilty of this in every game he's played. You have to ask what's the point of full time training when you see things like this.

Airdrie will go full time and make the very most out of it, reckon you will go up next year. Every season you seem to do well in spells and are always well organised against us, always bringing through some good players who move on too. Again questions need asked as to why you can do better than us with a third of the resources.

Both teams were shite. Airdrie are crap but they done what they had to do. Shows how much we missed Cardle and Cheesy. No creativity, sitting far too deep and no pace whatsoever. Answers on a postcard AJ because that was the worst performance this season...

Whilst I'll admit both teams were poor, we are clearly a team in transition, under a new manager attempting to implement a completely new style of play with limited part time players.

Dunfermline are a full time outfit having a supposed full on charge at the league title.

There wasn't much between the teams which really should worry the Dunfermline fans.

Whilst I'll admit both teams were poor, we are clearly a team in transition, under a new manager attempting to implement a completely new style of play with limited part time players.

Dunfermline are a full time outfit having a supposed full on charge at the league title.

There wasn't much between the teams which really should worry the Dunfermline fans.

If we continue to play like that then yes. We'll wait until next week to see.

Archived