The 2016 Scottish League Cup Final Thread (Ross County v Hibernian)

Lyle Lanley

Stuarty27

Testimonial Due

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunbar or Dingwall

Beat off a team with a population almost the half of Dunbar...

No sure how people can defend it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched highlights. That first goal is a complete Hibs' carcrash. They manage to lose the ball near the Ross box and waste two or three chances to retrieve it or hold onto it while it steadily makes its way towards the Hibs goal.

Whatever Hibs were doing in Malaga, it wasn't defensive training.

Hibs had a fair bit of possession but overall Ross deserved it - they had a legit goal chalked off and Bartley should have seen red for his assault.

What an utterly glorious day yesterday was. I started watching County in 1998 when I was 10 and we moved to the Black Isle. I've seen us play home and away in nearly ever ground in the country. I've been from Dingwall to Dumfries and back on a supporters bus in the same day to see a 2-0 defeat. I've seen highs and lows (although admittedly more highs), but there is absolutely nothing that will ever come close to that. Just a day that I never, ever thought I'd see. So, so pleased for Roy and for all the guys who go home and away every week. I'm totally rambling now but f**k it. Just so happy today.

Well done on your win, you's done your homework and sussed us out from the first whistle and made it count. Enjoy it :-)

Ross County sitting 4th equal with St Johnstone in Scotland's top league and the bookies had the cheek to make the lower league team the favourites in a Cup final , LOL

Probably because in the cups we have already pumped the club sitting 4th, and 3rd oh aye and 2nd in the top league this season. Just a thought?

Good to see your taking the Semi loss well though 👠Hope you enjoyed your steak this evening.

Probably because in the cups we have already pumped the club sitting 4th, and 3rd oh aye and 2nd in the top league this season. Just a thought?

Good to see your taking the Semi loss well though Hope you enjoyed your steak this evening.

Aye, but we'd pumped the team 1 spot ahead of Hibs in the league 7-0 so...

Good to see your taking the Semi loss well though Hope you enjoyed your steak this evening.

Aye, but we'd pumped the team 1 spot ahead of Hibs in the league 7-0 so...

Bambino making a right Hibs of this.

Was just having a look on .net and came across interviews with Stevenson, Oxley & Cummings. Despite only speaking for about a minute Cummings calls the boy "mate" 4 or 5 times :lol:, found it quite funny myself. They all sounded totally gutted, Stevenson in particular.​

Was just having a look on .net and came across interviews with Stevenson, Oxley & Cummings. Despite only speaking for about a minute Cummings calls the boy "mate" 4 or 5 times :lol:, found it quite funny myself. They all sounded totally gutted, Stevenson in particular.​

Can't disagree with what they said. Roll on Wednesday and let's get back to Hampden.

Lexy Schalk's Dutch/Scottish accentðŸ˜

He is a bit of a big game player, cult hero imo.

That comment he made about seeing old guys in tears... He seems like a top guy as well. It's a bit odd that we have a sub goalkeeper who may never play yet gets a winner's medal, and a striker who may not be back next year and is already one of the most famous County players in history. I was, secretly, delighted for ICT. I really don't have the words to explain how happy I am today.

Stokes is utter gubbins and should be shipped back to Parkhead reserves if Hibs have any ambition of winning games again this season. 

Stokes is utter gubbins and should be shipped back to Parkhead reserves if Hibs have any ambition of winning games again this season.

He reminds me of Robbie Keane at Celtic. Brought in on serious wages, and occasionally looked a touch above the masses, but generally just hides and not remotely worth it.

Can see us going out on Wednesday unfortunately. Confidence must be rock bottom just now. Would scrap the Stokes and Cummings partnership for this one.

Would go with

Oxley

Gunnarson

Fontaine

McGregor

Gray

Henderson

Bartley 

McGinn

Stevenson 

Stokes/Cummings

Keatings 

He reminds me of Robbie Keane at Celtic. Brought in on serious wages, and occasionally looked a touch above the masses, but generally just hides and not remotely worth it.

Would settle for a goal return like Keanes at Celtic though. I thought Stokes was going to be a quality edition to the squad but he's been poor so far. Malonga is a huge miss for us imo.

Congratulations to County and their fans aswell. Hope they enjoyed it as days like yesterday don't come round very often. Reckon there were some serious hangovers being nursed this morning!

Archived