The 2016 Scottish League Cup Final Thread (Ross County v Hibernian)

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not going to say right after the match to a blogger with a camera that they where all shite and the manager got the team and the shape wrong as well as should have changed it a lot earlier.

They all looked completely devastated and shocked losing such a later winner in the manner they did. I wouldn't even have expected to do the interviews never mind expect them to say all the right things.

You've got to hope that's the case!

Both national trophies this side of Daviot eh lads?  I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.  A great achievement for the area.

I love seeing teams win a trophy for the first time. It's been great for the Scottish game having competitive Highland clubs involved in the top flight. Strachan can f**k right off with his pish.

They also didn't say it after being trounced by Morton (the team that has effectively destroyed their season), Queen of the South or Dumbarton though. Just the usual bullshit and wild deflection from a genuinely terrible manager and hilariously incompetent club.

Both national trophies this side of Daviot eh lads?  I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.  A great achievement for the area.

Totally agree.  I was actually pretty gutted when Caley won the cup, but i'm delighted both trophies are up north now.  I think I'm more happy they are both up here than if it was only us with the League Cup . Genuinely pleased we're both doing so much to represent the Highlands.

Would laugh if you's went down in the playoff, but a part of me would be disappointed  ;)

They also didn't say it after being trounced by Morton (the team that has effectively destroyed their season), Queen of the South or Dumbarton though. Just the usual bullshit and wild deflection from a genuinely terrible manager and hilariously incompetent club.

Stubbs is a terrible manager.  He's like the Scottish league version of Martinez (think someone said similar earlier in the thread).  Both get an easy ride because of some bizarre fetish the press have with Everton.  An absolutely no mark of a club these days.

He gets out thought time and time again yet he's seen as some kind of god-like genius.

Stubbs is a terrible manager. He's like the Scottish league version of Martinez (think someone said similar earlier in the thread). Both get an easy ride because of some bizarre fetish the press have with Everton. An absolutely no mark of a club these days.

He gets out thought time and time again yet he's seen as some kind of god-like genius.

:lol:

He's not a terrible manager and he's not seen like some 'God like genius'.

What a lot of pish.

:lol:

He's not a terrible manager and he's not seen like some 'God like genius'.

What a lot of pish.

Ah right, except that he is, and he is.

I love seeing teams win a trophy for the first time. It's been great for the Scottish game having competitive Highland clubs involved in the top flight. Strachan can f**k right off with his pish.

It's widely accepted by anyone with half a brain that Gordon Strachan is a Old Firm arse-rimming moron.  

Stubbs is a terrible manager. He's like the Scottish league version of Martinez (think someone said similar earlier in the thread). Both get an easy ride because of some bizarre fetish the press have with Everton. An absolutely no mark of a club these days.

Yup. Stubbs seems like an amiable guy who has time to give the press a few quotes, so gets favoured status and an easy ride. Hibs are underperforming but it has hee haw to do with him? Right.

Constantly gets out-managed. McIntyre took him to the cleaners on Sunday.

Neil Lennon was very much the same. As has been seen at Bolton.

Yup. Stubbs seems like an amiable guy who has time to give the press a few quotes, so gets favoured status and an easy ride. Hibs are underperforming but it has hee haw to do with him? Right.

Constantly gets out-managed. McIntyre took him to the cleaners on Sunday.

Neil Lennon was very much the same. As has been seen at Bolton.

Surely you don't even believe that :lol:

We were completely in control for most of the game and gifted you goals from two individual errors. The result could quite easily have been very different.

Also funny how Stubbs has turned into a "terrible manager" in the last month. Didn't see you all on here predicting the downfall before then.

Stuarty27

Testimonial Due

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunbar or Dingwall

Beat off a team with a population almost the half of Dunbar...

No sure how people can defend it

That's a big team to beat off.

We were completely in control for most of the game and gifted you goals from two individual errors. The result could quite easily have been very different.

Also funny how Stubbs has turned into a "terrible manager" in the last month. Didn't see you all on here predicting the downfall before then.

Stubbs had done nothing to justify his burgeoning reputation. To fail to challenge for the Championship title two years in a row is pathetic.

Were you in control though?  County always let the opposition have the ball and look to counter.  County tend to get picked off when teams counter our counter, as they get beyond the two in midfield and usually have men advantage against the Ross County defence.  Hibs rarely did this at all.  A couple of hairy moments from County defensively when our shape went to pieces due to the formation we were playing, but ultimately we played the game we wanted to play and didn't get put under too much stress.

The fact that Stubbs, the Hibs players and the support all think you controlled the game suggests that none of you really understood the way County play.  You played the way we wanted you to play. We didn't even play well.  Most of the teams in the Premiership would have beat us on that showing, but we still stretched you and looked more likely to score going into the last period of the game.  If we actually played well, we would have utterly murdered you.  Boyce isn't sharp and hasn't built up an understanding with Schalk yet.

Although I wouldn't have said McIntrye took him to the cleaners, he did recognise during the match what wasn't working and rectified it.  Stubbs was quite happy with more of the same, not recognising the failings during the match.  I think it is fair to say that Stubbs doesn't get the media criticism the recent Hibs form deserves.

Were you in control though?  County always let the opposition have the ball and look to counter.  County tend to get picked off when teams counter our counter, as they get beyond the two in midfield and usually have men advantage against the Ross County defence.  Hibs rarely did this at all.  A couple of hairy moments from County defensively when our shape went to pieces due to the formation we were playing, but ultimately we played the game we wanted to play and didn't get put under too much stress.

The fact that Stubbs, the Hibs players and the support all think you controlled the game suggests that none of you really understood the way County play.  You played the way we wanted you to play. We didn't even play well.  Most of the teams in the Premiership would have beat us on that showing, but we still stretched you and looked more likely to score going into the last period of the game.  If we actually played well, we would have utterly murdered you.  Boyce isn't sharp and hasn't built up an understanding with Schalk yet.

Although I wouldn't have said McIntrye took him to the cleaners, he did recognise during the match what wasn't working and rectified it.  Stubbs was quite happy with more of the same, not recognising the failings during the match.  I think it is fair to say that Stubbs doesn't get the media criticism the recent Hibs form deserves.

This. Very much this. Quite alarming if Stubbs still doesn't get it.

Think it's pretty unfair that 'Uncle Roy' is getting stick for doing all the media. It's the story they've latched on to so they all want to speak to him. Helps the players and manager focus on an important couple of league games so I'm sure they're happy with the situation.

Fact is that having given the squad Monday off he would have been the only person around to give any interviews. Can't see what the problem is with that tbh.

Stubbs on the BBC site today: "We're only getting so much attention for this result since we were the only team in the country with a chance of doing a treble"

Some man.

He is literally the greatest troll OAT.

Archived