Season 2016/2017 will it be Rangers in the Premier?

WAY better?The league table doesn't say that and neither does their cup form.

Don't you start ffs! :lol:

Our manager is an imbecile. A decent manager, with that squad of players, well you know the rest!!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our manager is an imbecile. A decent manager, with that squad of players, well you know the rest!!

The squad doesn't look up to much, to me.

They should be doing better, but I'm not convinced that Celtic have that many players who are much better than their counterparts elsewhere.

The squad doesn't look up to much, to me.They should be doing better, but I'm not convinced that Celtic have that many players who are much better than their counterparts elsewhere.

Our defence is brutal (although the 2 newish central defenders will hopefully help rectify that). We have a plethora of quality midfield players, We have the best striker in Scotland.

Our failings lie with our manager and his inability to have a clue about tactics. 2 holding midfielders and 1 up front? Get that tae f**k! Johansen starting every week? Bin that too.

I would bet my mortgage on the fact that if Ronny wasn't our manager we'd be leading this league by double figures at the moment.

Celtic have downsized considerably and the gap albeit still significant has narrowed considerably to a lot of clubs, this is just the reality of Scottish Football and I think it is a good thing.

Oh I agree, Ted. I've consistently said I think Celtic are poor. Certainly poorer than they used to be.

The gap is still there though and it's still big enough imo. If it ever looks like closing completely I think Celtic will deal with it. Ditching Ronny would be a good start.

Exactly, so you're contradicting your own argument. :)

I'll say one thing, Rangers will need to sign better players than Harry Forrester!.. I cannot believe Rangers have signed this guy. Thankfully it's only a short term deal until the summer.

Not really. I am saying more teams than Celtic will be a test for you next season; yes with your current squad but also If your current signing policy continues, signing players like Forrester and other league 1 types - same level as other clubs. Yet a lot of Rangers fans disregard all other clubs and see themselves as challenging for the top simply because of a few ropey results for Celtic. Rangers will for sure have similar results next season.

Meanwhile celtic are signing superstars like Armstrong, Mackay Steven, Ciftci and Scott Allan, nobody has a chance.

Again, there are more teams than Celtic about. These guys are decent players, just working under a terrible coach. Armstrong until his move to Celtic was a cracking player, used to enjoy watching him play.

They aren't great but they are still way WAY better than anything else in Scotland.

Agree, mainly down to budget.

At last!

Bob gets it.

We're pish but are better than all the other pish because we have more money. Sad but true.

exactly

100% agree with this, a better manager would get so much more out of a lot of your players. Can not see Ronnie being there next season.

Celtic have to hang onto Ronnie. If they do then it is not completely out the question that a Rangers that has been strengthened could compete but as things stand Rangers are nowhere near Celtic.

Foderingham is nowhere near as good as some believe

Tavernier charges forward with absolutely no regard for the team. Needs to improve defensively for next season.

Central defence is not as poor as some have said but with no full backs they are often left exposed.

Everybody knows we need a quality defensive midfielder. That has to be our priority.

Middle of midfield is absolutely fine and young Barrie McKay has been a revelation this season.

Kenny Miller is a trier and has served the club well but won't be good enough to be a first choice player next season.

Waghorn is another that ,IMO, is not as good a player as some claim. Always has to take an extra touch and his chance to goals ratio is poor. If Rangers are to challenge next season they need to sign a proven goal scorer.

The manager has done well to come in and build this team in such a short space of time with relatively limited finances in Rangers terms but he has to learn that Rangers will need a PLan B for next season. Simply doing Plan A better won't cut it against better opposition.

It'll take us another year or two atleast to finish rebuilding, heading in the right direction.

Petty much as Bob says, think we need a much stronger spine straight down the middle. A new keeper (sorry Wes), a commanding centre half, a hard working defensive midfielder, and a striker to replace Kenny and play alongside Waghorn, strong and good in the air but hopefully no slouch on the deck too. Not too much to ask for eh?

£20m should cover it Dave,

Many thanks

Rab

I said he isn't as good as some make out. He is a decent shot stopper but he has a f**k up or two in him. Look no further than the last Hibs game at Ibrox.

Yep, he's made some cracking saves, but he doesn't command his box for the high ball, and very rarely dominates on crosses. We'll be under an increased amount of pressure at the back next year, not convinced that Wes is the man to handle it, and get us organised. Hope that's not being too harsh.

Distribution not bad though, apart from the occasional panic under threat bringing the ball out. Warburton obviously rates him however, so can't see him being replaced in the Summer.

If we are successful in winning promotion this season, consolidation will be the name of the game next season.

We will sell forty thousand + season tickets giving us a budget that should enable our fantastic manager to bring in players of suitable quality. I would consider a target of finishing in the Europa League spot to be realistic and achievable.

Longer term, once the Sports Direct mess is sorted and we start buying replica shirts and all the other paraphernalia again, combined with European and season ticket money, we will be equally if not stronger than our beloved neighbours in the east end.

It may take a few more years for us to reclaim Alpha Dog status in Scottish Fitba, but we will get there.

(why are the paragraph spaces I am putting in disappearing?)

I reckon Rangers will go up and Hibs.

The Gers will finish Top 4 as even though we might not have great players, we have a great manager who gets the best out of his players and has rid us of the prima donnas who were there.

If sellick get rid of Delia they will win the league and I reckon Hertz n the sheep will finish 2nd & 3rd and we should get 4th, although I think Hibs will push us.

I just hope Rangers behave and don't go out and buy any daft idiots like Jon Daly types. We are rebuilding and the main thing is that we do not end up bust again. It amuses me to see all the wee bitchy bites fans have at us; however we have taken our punishment and worked our way back. A lot of fans whom scoff in our faces forget that it was the conmen at the top who destroyed the club and not the paying fans who lost out when it all went tits up.

Be delighted to see Dundee Utd go down as few people scoffed more at us than their chairman who is a tool.

I've only read about half the first page so some of the stuff I say may have been repeated.

If you ask me the hearts team of last year vs the rangers of this year would be a good game but I think the hearts team would walk out victorious in about 7 out of 10. In the first page people were arguing whether last years or this years league is harder so why not look into it a bit further?

Rangers (better than last year)

Hibs (similar but more consistent this year)

Falkirk (better than last year)

Raith (better than last year)

Queens (worse than last year)

Morton (better than the cowdenbeath they replaced)

Dumbarton (similar to last year)

St Mirren (worse than the hearts they replaced)

Livingston (similar to last year)

Alloa (worse than last year)

So I calculate that at 4 better, 3 worse and 3 similar but if you take Rangers out (as they are the team we are talking about and won't be playing themselves) its 3 better, 3 worse and 3 similar. The only difference being we've replaced the team that won the league with one that is a lot worse and nowhere near challenging rangers.

For the initial question however, will rangers be playing in the spfl premiership next season? I think they will but hibs and Falkirk may not let them have it all their own way.

Are people still bringing up Hibs at Ibrox as the keeper's fault?! Even though it was that utter donkey Wilson that completely left him exposed?

Hopeful ball into the box, Foderingham calls 'Keepers' and collects, no problem.

Instead he stuck to his line, Wilson hesitated (was his keeper going to come?) neither went for the ball and Malonga bundled it in. Keepers shout every time for me!

You can hear the War Purse ( The chest has been buried and lost) being jingled already. IF they get promoted a few of the current squad will be huckled out to whatever championship team will buy them and a couple of SENSATIONAL (© Daily Record) players from... err..um league 1/lower end Championship will troop in the door. By mid season if they are 5th place or so they will then proceed to put in rubbish bid for all the players who have scored more than six goals against them. Next Christmas there will be Rangers man in charge at gers and Celtic minded man at the 'tic...and the Green and Blue phones will be ringing off the hook at the sports desks up and down the country..

Archived