Morton v Dumbarton 13/2/16

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm told Gallagher has an injury too, which is why he was on the bench. Shows how much use Kirkpatrick is, injured players are thrown on before him. Absolute waste of a wage.

Fully agreed. No idea if we attempted to punt him during January, if not we really should have. Our team would be considerably stronger if we had a good attacking, creative midfielder instead of one who would be lucky to get a midfield berth infront of Ewings and Broon.

I did notice Fleming holding his hamstring a lot yesterday and didn't really think much of it at the time. I've always been told if there's one injury you really need to rest and not play on with it's a hamstring injury so that's slightly concerning.

If both Nade and Fleming are out we are fucked. I always felt bringin in just one striker during January was leaving us a bit short.

How come Morton players were allowed to celebrate and wind up away fans ?? When Andy Halliday gave a fist pump on the halfway line he got booked, but it's okay to do it ten yards from opposing fans?

I don't really mind if players do it, of course it winds me up and I'm happy to give it back, but surely today merited a few bookings if that's the standard set?

O'ware and rat face McManus the culprits.

Halliday didn't get booked for a fist pump, but you continue to believe the old firm media if you want.

I didn't see what McManus or O'Ware did but referees are terribly inconsistent on this, as they are on many things.

How come Morton players were allowed to celebrate and wind up away fans ?? When Andy Halliday gave a fist pump on the halfway line he got booked, but it's okay to do it ten yards from opposing fans?

I don't really mind if players do it, of course it winds me up and I'm happy to give it back, but surely today merited a few bookings if that's the standard set?

O'ware and rat face McManus the culprits.

Halliday didn't get booked for a fist pump, but you continue to believe the old firm media if you want.

I didn't see what McManus or O'Ware did but referees are terribly inconsistent on this, as they are on many things.

If they're not actually butchering weans in full view of the fans, who actually cares?

Like someone said earlier, fans give plenty out, anyone who gets precious when they get some back is a tosser.

If they're not actually butchering weans in full view of the fans, who actually cares?

Like someone said earlier, fans give plenty out, anyone who gets precious when they get some back is a tosser.

Aye, I agree. I actually just sat back and laughed at how seething everyone around me was getting. It would've made me seething when I was about 14, but I just think it's pretty amusing now. Certainly the sort of thing I'd have loved to do if I was a player.

I don't particularly care, but those are the rules. And I guess they exist as a type of liability issue. Same with players not being able to hug their own fans.

There's a difference between talking about how referees apply the rules, and what you would like the rules to be.

I fully agree, I love seeing players give it back as much as I love dishing out the pelters. It's all a bit of fun providing nothing overly offensive is being flung around.

BUT...

The refs really are inconsistent on it, unfortunately rules are rules and should be followed consistently. If anything it just highlights how pish our refs are.

McManus got it stinking from us about 5 minutes before that, I've no problem at all with him doing what he did and I certainly don't want players booked or sent off for it. Something which I've always loved about lower league football is the fact that the players and fans can interact during games. Do we want Frazer Wright to start picking up bookings for winding up absolutely everyone?

Forgot to say earlier too, thought O'Ware was the best player on the pitch. Won everything in the air and was in our face all day.

I for one gave McManus abuse calling no him a greedy b when he tried to score from out wide with 3 men screaming in middle. He reacted but I don't mind that. He got last laugh.

I do mind wee shit Barr rolling about ground trying to get players sent off.also when Wright got booked Barr was stirring it up .

Barr was booted in the back of the legs by Wright which led to the incident in front of the shed late on. The latter should have been sent off earlier though for the deliberate knee into McManus' spine. Cynical and could've caused a serious injury. I must admit though I enjoyed the banter with him.

Funny how things really do get blown out of proportion at times. I'll await highlights but I highly doubt McManus was deliberately kneed in the the back in tackle which could have caused serious damage. It looked a foul to me but nothing more. Then Barr got unnecessarily involved which is typical of that wee cretin.

Funny how things really do get blown out of proportion at times. I'll await highlights but I highly doubt McManus was deliberately kneed in the the back in tackle which could have caused serious damage. It looked a foul to me but nothing more. Then Barr got unnecessarily involved which is typical of that wee cretin.

Certainly looked like a deliberate knee to me (although i didnt think it was quite as high as the back). It was a really nasty one, I didn't think he could've had many complaints if it was a red.

Certainly looked like a deliberate knee to me (although i didnt think it was quite as high as the back). It was a really nasty one, I didn't think he could've had many complaints if it was a red.

That was my point mainly. It may be the tinted specs from both sides but I didn't think it was half as bad as the one on Nade in the first half.

That was my point mainly. It may be the tinted specs from both sides but I didn't think it was half as bad as the one on Nade in the first half.

I didn't see what Russell caught Nade with (I wasn't sure if his studs were up or if it was the knee) but was worried it might have been a red - it looked reckless. Wright's one was closer to me, it looked like he was just looking to stick the knee in. I was certain at the time it should've been a red.

They both could've been reds IMO.

Archived