Morton v Dumbarton 13/2/16

Gallagher probably done more than nade or Fleming today, kler love fest, he did look ok, get him in for cawley, but not done enough either yet

Kler love fest? :lol:

Cawley and Gallagher have been utterly hopeless despite playing almost every game. Kler has had about 30 mins of football overall, today he done more in 20 than Cawley done the whole game. It's not a Kler love fest because folk want to see players who consistently play shite get dropped for someone who has looked promising but had no chance to show it. How can he 'do enough' in 2 very brief substitute appearances?

Throw him in and see what he's all about. We'll never know until he gets a chance.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints, Morton had more about them from start to finish, especially a superior will to win. That was concerning, as was the injury to Nade, which reduces us to virtually hee-haw in the striking department.

As has been said, we really need Lindsay back next week, and I would seriously consider starting Heh and pushing Walsh up front. The only good news is that Mallan is presumably suspended for next Saturday.

Really wasn't impressed by Mcmanus at all. Especially considering the hype you lot gave him we he signed last month.

Still finding his feet again having spent a perod of time without first time football. 2 assists today though.

Deffo red for the tackle on Nade. Studs on the thigh.

Exact same as the foul 5 mins before when the ref waved play on and didnt bring it back for a booking. Both tackles merited yellows and that's it.

I thought the ref lost control of the game second half as well.

Fair play to Frazer Wright for applauding the Morton fans at full time and having a wee laugh. He took a lot of stick (thoroughly deserved right enough).

Yip though Morton deserved to win without being that good themselves. Thought overall we defended poorly especially in midfield.

When we tried to go forward and quickly we didn't do too bad but we don't do it nearly enough going into defensive hibernation without consideration.

Actually though gall not worse today. I pass that mantle to routledge who's distribution was poor and contineued to slow play down.

I suspect both sets of fans thoughts salmond rubbish

Cawley and Gallagher have been utterly hopeless despite playing almost every game. Kler has had about 30 mins of football overall, today he done more in 20 than Cawley done the whole game. It's not a Kler love fest because folk want to see players who consistently play shite get dropped for someone who has looked promising but had no chance to show it. How can he 'do enough' in 2 very brief substitute appearances?

Throw him in and see what he's all about. We'll never know until he gets a chance.

Aye exactly this. Cawley/Gallagher haven't done enough to merit a start next week, so why not give Heh a shot? He can't be much worse than they were today.

No complaints, Morton had more about them from start to finish, especially a superior will to win. That was concerning, as was the injury to Nade, which reduces us to virtually hee-haw in the striking department.

As has been said, we really need Lindsay back next week, and I would seriously consider starting Heh and pushing Walsh up front. The only good news is that Mallan is presumably suspended for next Saturday.

Aye Mallan's sending off was the only positive I could really salvage from today.

Still finding his feet again having spent a perod of time without first time football. 2 assists today though.

Exact same as the foul 5 mins before when the ref waved play on and didnt bring it back for a booking. Both tackles merited yellows and that's it.

I thought the ref lost control of the game second half as well.

Fair play to Frazer Wright for applauding the Morton fans at full time and having a wee laugh. He took a lot of stick (thoroughly deserved right enough).

Big Fraz is a great guy who just looks like he's loving his football. He didn't have a great game today by his standards today, but I think he loves the bantz with the fans. He said something to McManus before a ball came in early in the second half and just wandered away laughing as he gave him a disgusted look :lol:

What tackle are you on about? Routledge committed a foul and he waved play on, but then booked him when play stopped. But that was nowhere near as bad.

Nade had a big hole in his shorts where he had obviously been caught by studs on his thigh.

Think that was a big loss to us as our whole game plan went out the window. We don't have enough option just now, especially when it comes to strikers.

I was also thinking Garry may have been carrying a knock. Donald was warming up right after half time and I wondered whether there was a reason behind it.

Big difference from the cup game at the start of the season to today's game. Came away from that cup game believing that the sons were streets ahead of us and would finish well above us in the league. Today was comfortable for us without being anything other than workmanlike.

Big difference from the cup game at the start of the season to today's game. Came away from that cup game believing that the sons were streets ahead of us and would finish well above us in the league. Today was comfortable for us without being anything other than workmanlike.

Totally agree, we have been better than them in each league game without being that great.

cawley has flattered to deceive, I just don't think kler has done enough to start, but if our strikers delivered, maybe he'd get a longer substitute appearance, and is good, then take it from there. I just Don't get the love fest nonsense, cawley is a passenger most games, Gallagher solid, reasonably effective but without being spectacular, but we need more up top and the wings, jury out on Walsh as well,

cawley has flattered to deceive, I just don't think kler has done enough to start, but if our strikers delivered, maybe he'd get a longer substitute appearance, and is good, then take it from there. I just Don't get the love fest nonsense, cawley is a passenger most games, Gallagher solid, reasonably effective but without being spectacular, but we need more up top and the wings, jury out on Walsh as well,

Opinions are strange things, eh?

I think, bar one or two games, Cawley and Gallagher have been hugely disappointing. Cawley always did well against us, and I was delighted when we brought him in. Same with Gal, a lad who was very highly rated by quite a few League One clubs. He was sensational on his debut as well, with the two goals and a Gerrard-esque performance where he was spraying the ball about for fun. He was excellent against Hibs and St Mirren as well. Then the team nose dived and so did he. With the exception of the QOTS game in the Cup he's barely had a performance above 5/10.

Cawley is similar, decent in the opening games, driving at defenders, releasing the ball quickly and causing problems. In fact he looked good up until that injury he got scoring against Livi. Since he returned however he spends too long on the ball, is caught in possession an awful lot and barely ever drives at defenders. He's also substituted after about 64 minutes in every single game.

Kler hasn't done enough to start? That poses an interesting question, has Cawley? Has Gallagher? They've had considerably more game time and done very little in an attacking sense. That to me says that we need to give him a chance. We won't know if he's any better or worse until we give him a decent 70 or so minutes. Love-fest? Nope, just a desire to see if a new signing can boost an area where we are undoubtedly weak.

Walsh has, in my opinion, been a very decent addition. He's exactly what I hoped Cawley would be, hardworking but with a very decent final ball and is confident with the ball at his feet driving forward. I wouldn't be against pushing him through the middle next week if Nade/Gaz are out.

I still think we need another striker in though, badly. Garry could easily get suspended and Nade has already picked up a knock on which case we are completely goosed.

Totally agree, we have been better than them in each league game without being that great.

Yip that's the annoying thing from a Sons point of view. Every time we have played you i have felt that we have a good chance to beat you. We then don't play that well but you play slightly better and win.

I know it seems obvious if you play better you deserve the win which i am not denying. It's the fact we have not played to our potential that is frustrating. Whereas we seem to play well against St. Mirren who you guys still can't get a win against(not having a dig there btw).

The strange thing is i still think St. Mirren could pinch 4th and finish ahead of you guys. It looks like 8th at best for us.

To show i have no sour grapes, i hope we do you guys a favour and beat St.Mirren next week.

Optimistic doesn't like it when people don't praise Gallagher though mind...

Two posts above are correct. I would put it that Morton ain't that much better but we are not the same team we were in that match.

The biggest change from that game is that Morton now have something we don't. Pace and natural finishers upfront. I know we've been told he's poor for weeks and only plays well against us, but I'd love to us have someone like Denny Johnstone upfront. Quick, strong, clever and far better than anyone we've got infront of goal.

With him, McManus, Samuel, Scullion and MacDonald (who I'm assuming is still injured?) Morton have five players that would improve our team massively.

Walsh was the best player in a Sons top today by some distance. The real passenger today was Fleming. Utterly disinterested and looked a tad out of shape. The bench was heavily weak. Your looking to see who can come on and change things up and nope, nothing, no one there who can impact on the game. Nade went off and the shape went. No backup plan and the fault lies there with the gaffer on this occasion I'm afraid. I'm not slating the gaffer or calling for his head or that but the tactics after Nade went off were non existent.

Walsh looks good, it's a shame nobody is near to him when he's taking the ball forward into space though, happened far too often today (and last week)

Archived