Morton v Dumbarton 13/2/16

There was also a couple of instances in the first half, where it looked like a couple of morton players were deliberately trying to injure two of our players by studs being dragged Down their legs, and another where Barr was kicked in the heel while trying to pass a ball which almost broke the deadlock for morton, perfect example of poor officials

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was also a couple of instances in the first half, where it looked like a couple of morton players were deliberately trying to injure two of our players by studs being dragged Down their legs, and another where Barr was kicked in the heel while trying to pass a ball which almost broke the deadlock for morton, perfect example of poor officials

You remind me of someone.

aeefxoouj6mcqat9plkr.png

Is Morton's rightback usually a midfielder? He was a standout yesterday especially in the tackle

Pepper, the right back in question, got man of the match from the match sponsor's party in hospitality. Whilst he had a decent game, personally I thought our stand out was O'Ware who played the defensive mid role brilliantly - gave great protection to the back four and had a few very decent forward runs. He is also about our only aerial threat at set pieces into the opposition box.

Pepper, the right back in question, got man of the match from the match sponsor's party in hospitality. Whilst he had a decent game, personally I thought our stand out was O'Ware who played the defensive mid role brilliantly - gave great protection to the back four and had a few very decent forward runs. He is also about our only aerial threat at set pieces into the opposition box.

would agree with that.....Walsh skipped past Pepper with ease several times in the game, while O'Ware was immense

Caley played Pepper at right back also. He came billed as right sided midfielder or defender.

In their reserves when he was nearing the end of his time there. It was possibly a decent spot by whoever suggested the change. The last chance for a struggling player - not enough to save him there, but serving him well now.

He's still got quite a bit to learn in terms of the role, his instinct betrays him from time to time (which was evident a couple of times in the second half on Saturday) but I suspect he could make that position his own.

How has Gregor Buchanan been playing since he signed this season?

Started really well, looked excellent against Hibs and St. Mirren but had a couple of dodgy games against East Fife and Queens Park (same as the whole team really). He made a few mistakes and had some poor games after that. We brought in Frazer Wright and he struggled to get a game but a Darren Barr suspension got him back in the team and he has taken his chance. I actually thought that he played pretty well on Saturday, though the first goal was a poor one to lose. I still prefer Wright and Barr as our centre back pairing.

would agree with that.....Walsh skipped past Pepper with ease several times in the game, while O'Ware was immense

I thought he marshalled Walsh really well, didn't dive in and forced him back the way. He seen him off and didn't allow Walsh to the byline.

Started really well, looked excellent against Hibs and St. Mirren but had a couple of dodgy games against East Fife and Queens Park (same as the whole team really). He made a few mistakes and had some poor games after that. We brought in Frazer Wright and he struggled to get a game but a Darren Barr suspension got him back in the team and he has taken his chance. I actually thought that he played pretty well on Saturday, though the first goal was a poor one to lose. I still prefer Wright and Barr as our centre back pairing.

Yes, he looked decent. Was surprised when Dunfermline let him go.

Yes, he looked decent. Was surprised when Dunfermline let him go.

Buchanan is pish. Only thing I remember him doing last season was giving it the big GIRUY to the cowshed when Dunfermline equalised in the first game at cappielow, then 2 minutes later he loses his man for a header and we go 2-1 up.

Buchanan is pish. Only thing I remember him doing last season was giving it the big GIRUY to the cowshed when Dunfermline equalised in the first game at cappielow, then 2 minutes later he loses his man for a header and we go 2-1 up.

Was he booked for it?

Aye, he's pish based on that :lol:

He looked poor at league 1 level last season. Maybe he wasn't helped by the other players around him since Dunfermline were utterly shite but I was never impressed and couldn't understand how Dunfermline fans rated him.

Archived