Morton v Dumbarton 13/2/16

If they're not actually butchering weans in full view of the fans, who actually cares?

Like someone said earlier, fans give plenty out, anyone who gets precious when they get some back is a tosser.

Agreed for the most part. When we are talking sensible fans i.e. the majority outwith the old firm, its just part of the game. In some games though where there is a volatile atmosphere, it might cause a riot hence the SFA line on the w**ker signal!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McManus got it stinking from us about 5 minutes before that, I've no problem at all with him doing what he did and I certainly don't want players booked or sent off for it. Something which I've always loved about lower league football is the fact that the players and fans can interact during games. Do we want Frazer Wright to start picking up bookings for winding up absolutely everyone?

Forgot to say earlier too, thought O'Ware was the best player on the pitch. Won everything in the air and was in our face all day.

Totally agree about O'Ware. He was clearly the man of the match but Morton had quite a few decent performances. Mark Russell is clearly destined for greater things. The rest of our back four were all very good and special mention to Rikki Lamie who has slotted seamlessly back into the team. Joe McKee had a good game also and it was nice to see Michael Tidser play exactly the right pass to McManus to set him away for his assist for the second goal.

A good team performance today and well deserved win. Dumbarton will almost certainly survive as they are stuffy and hard to beat but they did not carry much threat upfront. McNeil had a couple of good but you would have complained if he had not saves plus there was a scramble in our box in the second half. Re the Nade injury, I saw that as more a collision rather than a deliberate foul

O'Ware ran the show yesterday. At one point he dribbled around about 5 of our players.

Does he normally play centre half but was deployed in midfield yesterday? Looks like he could be the ball winning midfielder you've been crying out for, I thought he was superb.

Bit of a minter for us having a centre half put 5 of our players on their arse mind you.

O'Ware ran the show yesterday. At one point he dribbled around about 5 of our players.

Does he normally play centre half but was deployed in midfield yesterday? Looks like he could be the ball winning midfielder you've been crying out for, I thought he was superb.

Bit of a minter for us having a centre half put 5 of our players on their arse mind you.

He's played quite a bit in midfield this season (last as well). That was the best I've seen him play in there. It's his passing that quite often let's him down.

He was brilliant yesterday, broke up attacks, won just about every header and as you say was good going forward. He is a centre half but has been deployed in the middle of the park a few times this season, problem with him is he's very inconsistent, one week he bosses it (like yesterday) the next week he's not in the game at all and it's like being a man down.

He was brilliant yesterday, broke up attacks, won just about every header and as you say was good going forward. He is a centre half but has been deployed in the middle of the park a few times this season, problem with him is he's very inconsistent, one week he bosses it (like yesterday) the next week he's not in the game at all and it's like being a man down.

Are all Morton players really inconsistent apart from when they play us? It certainly seems to be the case.

Must up their game for their biggest match of the season ;)

O'Ware did the same in the first half at home to Raith and might as well have not bothered coming out again in the second. It may well be that Dumbarton's tactics played to our midfield's strengths, as they are too easily bypassed by more direct passing.

Aye in fairness Wright never got his knickers in a twist and took the banter well at 1 stage in the 2nd half I thought he was going to interact with the cowshed but the linesman was a bit close to him at that point and he seemed to walk away quietly making a point

The nick of the fat guy at the front of the cooshed complaining to the steward that Fraz said something to him after he lost it at 7:56 :lol:

He's a moronic, obese, Celtic-supporting walloper. Other points of comedy:

- that absolute minter of a 'club anthem' :lol:

- the Dumbarton poster on here who wasn't bothered, nope, not at all, about McManus, whose noteworthy antics for the second goal turns out to be shouting 'Yaaas!' at the delicate little flower. So... not in any way similar to the Halliday incident then.

I'm not sure how running around kicking folk, only to be completely done by Dece for the clinching goal counts as top bantz from Wright on this occasion, but each to their own. I wouldn't have complained about him being in our squad for the campaign, though our central defenders have rather surprisingly turned out to be excellent this season. Credit to Duffy and McPherson for getting that part of the team sorted out.

He's a moronic, obese, Celtic-supporting walloper. Other points of comedy:

- that absolute minter of a 'club anthem' :lol:

- the Dumbarton poster on here who wasn't bothered, nope, not at all, about McManus, whose noteworthy antics for the second goal turns out to be shouting 'Yaaas!' at the delicate little flower. So... not in any way similar to the Halliday incident then.

I'm not sure how running around kicking folk, only to be completely done by Dece for the clinching goal counts as top bantz from Wright on this occasion, but each to their own. I wouldn't have complained about him being in our squad for the campaign, though our central defenders have rather surprisingly turned out to be excellent this season. Credit to Duffy and McPherson for getting that part of the team sorted out.

Think reducing that guy to asking a steward to tell him off was good enough on its own to be honest. The football was really pretty irrelevant.

When's McKeown due to be mended? He always looked decent - if a bit slow - when he played in our annual start of the season under Ian Murray defeat to Stranraer.

Edit: Halliday wus just booked for celebrating but, and McManus celebrated. Proof of a cunspiracy. WATP.

You can't really 'reduce' a moron like that beneath their existing state IMO.

I very much doubt McKeown will play for us, other than a run-out in the final meaningless game or two. Not a convincing signing at the time and the younger players we have for the role have stepped up well. Any experienced defender signing up for next season should be dropping down from the top-flight, rather than stepping up from bottling seaside league promotion efforts.

Didn't think wrights first booking was deserved. Foul but not a booking

Having said that I thought at time and still think he was lucky to escape second. He kicked ball but it was after whistle and could have been seen as sort of aggressive and dissent.

Think ref would have booked him had he not realised first one was harsh.

Opinion of Barr in both incidents hasn't changed

Off all the villains Wright Russell routledge .barr should have got his second for his reaction .

You can't really 'reduce' a moron like that beneath their existing state IMO.

I very much doubt McKeown will play for us, other than a run-out in the final meaningless game or two. Not a convincing signing at the time and the younger players we have for the role have stepped up well. Any experienced defender singing up for next season should be dropping down from the top-flight, rather than stepping up from bottling seaside league promotion efforts.

I'm gutted I haven't seen the guy before at games, could be almost as entertaining as Alloa's touchline manager. A grown man who walked up and down the wee standing area underneath the stand pointing and shouting instructions :lol:

Shame about McKeown, did he give up his career in the fire service to join? I wouldn't be shocked to see him come to us if we lose Barr and Saunders in the summer. If we were to go down and keep Aitken I'd probably stick money on it.

There was also a couple of instances in the first half, where it looked like a couple of morton players were deliberately trying to injure two of our players by studs being dragged Down their legs, and another where Barr was kicked in the heel while trying to pass a ball which almost broke the deadlock for morton, perfect example of poor officials

Thought we put in a decent performance. Started well, although faded in the later stages of the first half. Played well at times in the 2nd though, with O'Ware and McKee both having good games. Plenty of positives.

Archived