NFL Free Agency

lichtie23

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mforte22Despite my wishes, my days as a member of the Chicago Bears have sadly come to an end. I was informed earlier this week from the GM that they will not be attempting to re-sign me in free agency. I will remain forever grateful for my time spent in Chicago and being able to play for an organization with such a rich history. My only regret is not being able to win a Lombardi trophy for the best fans in all of sports. I'm excited about the next chapter of my NFL career. But, Chicago will always be home. God Bless and Bear Down!

????

He'll go to whoever pays the most for him imo. Is he a starter though? Denver didn't think so.

We don't know that he isn't a starter though. Teams are desperate and will pay big money for the chance that he may be great. Although I do think he will stay in Denver.

We don't know that he isn't a starter though. Teams are desperate and will pay big money for the chance that he may be great. Although I do think he will stay in Denver.

No that's true, but Peyton was legit awful in the playoffs and they picked him over Brock? I agree that some team will be desperate and take the risk on him but I'm yet to be convinced. I think he will leave, he has his ring so may as well go to who pays him the most.

I'm fucking devastated. Waaaay more so than the LA stuff. We knew it was coming but I wish we could have restructured them. They both still have plenty in the tank.

We also cut Jared Cook, he can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

If the Eagles or any other team end up giving huge money to Sam Bradford this spring then it tells me all that I need to know about the supply v demand of NFL QBs (ie demand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> supply)

Seriously the guy is completely mediocre. I dunno why you'd give the guy $18m a year when you can sign a solid backup type at $5m, draft a rookie and pay him peanuts, then use more of your salary cap to building an elite defense

I mean fair enough if you have Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady because those guys pretty much guarantee playoffs year in year out for a decade plus, and when you're in the tournament every year chances are you win it all at least once, but then if you can't have those guys, don't pay elite money to a mediocre QB.

Look at the Broncos this year, they completely winged it at QB. They had one QB who was a complete liability in the regular season throwing multiple picks almost every game, and another who struggled to move the offense. Yet they still went 12-4 and went on to win the superbowl thanks to an elite defense.

Defense wins championships.

Laurinitus would be a great signing for the Skins. If he's not injured (guessing this is cap saving exercise) would do well at ILB. Think GMSM may look at him if his price is not too high.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants make a move for Laurinitus

If the Eagles or any other team end up giving huge money to Sam Bradford this spring then it tells me all that I need to know about the supply v demand of NFL QBs (ie demand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> supply)

Seriously the guy is completely mediocre. I dunno why you'd give the guy $18m a year when you can sign a solid backup type at $5m, draft a rookie and pay him peanuts, then use more of your salary cap to building an elite defense

I mean fair enough if you have Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady because those guys pretty much guarantee playoffs year in year out for a decade plus, and when you're in the tournament every year chances are you win it all at least once, but then if you can't have those guys, don't pay elite money to a mediocre QB.

Look at the Broncos this year, they completely winged it at QB. They had one QB who was a complete liability in the regular season throwing multiple picks almost every game, and another who struggled to move the offense. Yet they still went 12-4 and went on to win the superbowl thanks to an elite defense.

Defense wins championships.

That's the exception, not the rule. Apart from Denvers clusterfuck QB situation this year, the only other rank QB with a great defense to win the Super Bowl recently was Trent Dilfer, and that was in 2000. You need a QB to win. It's as simple as that.

Also when Bradford is healthy he's really quite good.

Archived