The 2016 NFL Draft Thread

lichtie23

Jets apparently were close to deal for #1. Reports that they like Goff and that Wilkerson was part of the deal. If Rams go Wentz, I'm all for us trading to 2 for Goff.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets apparently were close to deal for #1. Reports that they like Goff and that Wilkerson was part of the deal. If Rams go Wentz, I'm all for us trading to 2 for Goff.

I'd have loved Wilkerson. Him and Casey together would be frightening.

What you think it would take to get him?

A 2nd or our extra 2017 1st?

I think it needs to be a 1st because of his talent, but the widespread opinion is that it's not going to be that high a pick because of his contract situation (ie you need to pay him a lot of money). You don't get talent like that for free though.

With your extra 1st, turning it into a guaranteed talent like Wilkerson would be a good move IMO. You need to hit on a few picks and Mo gives you that.

I don't get Cleveland. (Shocking, I know!)

LA moves to the first pick so Cleveland wants out of the second. That suggests they rate one of the QBs but not the other. So why didn't they make the simpler deal with Tennessee if it was a make-or-break-choice between Wentz-Goff?

Incompetence, I know, it's always the answer with the Browns but surely there's more to it than that.

Or the Browns were not so hot on the QBs this year anyway, and their FO have realised they are more than 1 player away from being as good as poor, never mind better than that.

Browns need picks. Hopefully the rumours are true and the Eagles jump for one of the QBs... don't think they've spent enough on QBs yet.

So Goff-Wentz 1-2?

Sam Bradford with a $12.5m cap hit to ride the pine. Chase Daniel on a lot for a 3rd stringer too. How long before the Jets are linked to one of them (probably Bradford)?

So Goff-Wentz 1-2?

Sam Bradford with a $12.5m cap hit to ride the pine. Chase Daniel on a lot for a 3rd stringer too. How long before the Jets are linked to one of them (probably Bradford)?

Kelly to take Bradford to 9ers?

Bradford to Denver?

Don't care what you guys say, I saw every game he played for 4 years. He's still got all the tools. I still think he's gonna come good.

Problem with those tools are that they are frequently broken.

Pleased with this move from the Browns. I get the impression they'd have stuck at 2 if Goff wasn't likely to go. Paxton Lynch might be an option or do they swerve the QBs completely and assess next year after we see what RG3 does or doesn't do..

Archived